Hey all. Quick background and then my question:

My last 3 devices were all BB10, before that was android and iphone. I stuck with BB10 for 2 main reasons, the physical keyboard and the hub. Period.

I will be getting priv when it lands on verizon, but I have a question for you guys. Understandably so, the hub on BB10 is better than androids notification / app implementation on android, but does that still hold water for the Android version of the hub?

My concerns are that the hub on android can never match the hub on BB10 because of the restrictions android imposes. It'll always have issues with the OS killing it's background processes, and always have issues accessing app notifications and actioning on them. I already know that hangouts isn't included in the hub.

So if the above is true, wouldn't it just make more sense to ditch the hub and just deal with the slightly less clean, but still excellent android solution (notifications / apps) instead of running 2 resource and battery draining solutions side by side? At the very least, at least you know that ALL your notifications will be present.

Fell free to share your thoughts. I really do hope the hub works out for me I love it on my BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Rogercouthino25 likes this.
    11-15-15 11:41 PM
    If what I think you're describing is correct, that's what I've opted to do. Although my hub is on, I have a folder on the home screen with all email folders and Textra for text messaging. It's quicker than using the hub; at least it seems to be. I miss using the Passport, but I'm used to the Priv, and really like it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 11:52 PM
    if the hub had a widget I would probably use it, but tbh I get better functionality out of Aqua Mail and Hangouts than I would just using the hub. I f was using it as a works device I may, but I'm not. Dumping all kinds of messages into one list is confusing.
    11-16-15 03:24 AM
    The hub is the best feature on the blackberry, n I don't think any other smartphone can process anything such as what the blackberry team have accomplished here, the hub makes my day to day routine n tasks very easy, it helps with executing tasks, responses n correspondence simultaneously, so yeah I think the hub is pretty much the reason to stick around to ur blackberry period.👌

Rogina25
    11-16-15 04:05 AM
    The hub is the best feature on the blackberry, n I don't think any other smartphone can process anything such as what the blackberry team have accomplished here, the hub makes my day to day routine n tasks very easy, it helps with executing tasks, responses n correspondence simultaneously, so yeah I think the hub is pretty much the reason to stick around to ur blackberry period.��

Rogina25
    For BB10 this is true. The current implementation of the Hub in Android is pretty useless (my opinion) right now (a glorified email client rather than a unified communications messenger/ notification control center). It seems the hub product manager is taking note of these comments, hopefully they will bring more communications integration (whatsapp, etc.) with the ability to view and reply to conversations in the hub rather than linking to external messengers (hangouts, etc.).
    Rogercouthino25 likes this.
    11-16-15 05:16 AM
    Priv costs $1000 USD here in Indonesia..i almost buy it yesterday but having doubt over the hub. Is it really that bad?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 05:27 AM
    Does it support whatsapp?

11-16-15 05:43 AM
    No support for what'sup yet.

I would expect BlackBerry to update the hub to include integration with what'sup, Skype, viber, wechat, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Google hangout .... etc if API for those apps support that on Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 06:02 AM

No

Posted via my awesome Passport
    11-16-15 06:03 AM
    Hey all. Quick background and then my question:

My last 3 devices were all BB10, before that was android and iphone. I stuck with BB10 for 2 main reasons, the physical keyboard and the hub. Period.

I will be getting priv when it lands on verizon, but I have a question for you guys. Understandably so, the hub on BB10 is better than androids notification / app implementation on android, but does that still hold water for the Android version of the hub?

My concerns are that the hub on android can never match the hub on BB10 because of the restrictions android imposes. It'll always have issues with the OS killing it's background processes, and always have issues accessing app notifications and actioning on them. I already know that hangouts isn't included in the hub.

So if the above is true, wouldn't it just make more sense to ditch the hub and just deal with the slightly less clean, but still excellent android solution (notifications / apps) instead of running 2 resource and battery draining solutions side by side? At the very least, at least you know that ALL your notifications will be present.

Fell free to share your thoughts. I really do hope the hub works out for me I love it on my BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    The hub apk in the Priv is similar to the classic bbos10 hub but a lot different in its behaviour. Although true android always notifies but having the hub is just an extra way to organize stuff. And with every thing in one place just makes it more convenient. The only thing that needs to be done is the disabling of interval sync as your emails will get pushed regardless. That will improve battery life greatly. I really like the Priv with android and BlackBerry features and for me the home run feature is the BlackBerry flick word prediction. BlackBerry kept that. For me it's really the only virtual keyboard where I actually am not wasting time constantly backspacing to correctly mistyped words as I know I type correctly. That frustration no longer exists for me.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-16-15 06:56 AM
    The hub apk in the Priv is similar to the classic bbos10 hub but a lot different in its behaviour. Although true android always notifies but having the hub is just an extra way to organize stuff. And with every thing in one place just makes it more convenient. The only thing that needs to be done is the disabling of interval sync as your emails will get pushed regardless. That will improve battery life greatly. I really like the Priv with android and BlackBerry features and for me the home run feature is the BlackBerry flick word prediction. BlackBerry kept that. For me it's really the only virtual keyboard where I actually am not wasting time constantly backspacing to correctly mistyped words as I know I type correctly. That frustration no longer exists for me.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    It's not all in one place w the hub. That's my point. It's all in one place unless it's hangouts, or what's app, or any of the other thousands of apps you might download.

It's only all in one place with the android notification shade. The hub Is only very specific apps

Posted via CB10
    talalal likes this.
    11-16-15 05:45 PM

Not right now.

From WhatsApp support:

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of the issue, and we are doing our best to improve WhatsApp in a future update.

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on any future timelines, sorry. Thank you for your continued patience and support of WhatsApp.

Thank you.
    11-17-15 11:48 AM
    Still playing with hub and top Android notification. Hopefully it will be easier to customize all apps for these. Right now hub supports only e-mail, text, BBM, call log and Facebook. Don't know about twitter. Whatsapp not yet but should be included.

11-17-15 01:12 PM