When I upload a video to Whatsapp a whole load of duplicate notifications turn up in the Hub (see screenshot). Anyone else see that?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Hub - duplicate Whatsapp notifications on video upload-3466.jpg  
    02-01-16 12:12 PM
    Will have the engineering team take a look. We should be able to filter that out...
    02-01-16 01:39 PM
    Thanks! I don't know if it's useful, but it was an animated GIF which I created in Google Photos when the assistant suggested it. I then shared it from Google Photos to a Whatsapp group, where it turned up as a video. Once I'd done that once I shared the message (including the video) I'd sent to the first group across to another group in Whatsapp. It only seemed to want to share the video, not the accompanying text.

Thanks. I'm super happy with my Priv in general, it's so great to have a BlackBerry with all the Google Play Services notifications working on apps like Slack, Trello etc. Plus Juice SSH with mosh.

02-01-16 02:02 PM
    Thanks! I don't know if it's useful, but it was an animated GIF which I created in Google Photos when the assistant suggested it. I then shared it from Google Photos to a Whatsapp group, where it turned up as a video. Once I'd done that once I shared the message (including the video) I'd sent to the first group across to another group in Whatsapp. It only seemed to want to share the video, not the accompanying text.

Thanks. I'm super happy with my Priv in general, it's so great to have a BlackBerry with all the Google Play Services notifications working on apps like Slack, Trello etc. Plus Juice SSH with mosh.

Thanks, that's helpful! You didn't see that notification when you originally shared the video from Google Photos to the first WhatsApp Group? Only after you shared that message to another group?
    02-01-16 04:09 PM
    I get the occasional double notification in the Hub. Only with WhatsApp.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    02-01-16 04:13 PM
    Any video and this happens. I get about 30 notifications when sending a video I took on my device (which is the only time I use whatsapp). To the BlackBerry employee here, I think what would be ideal is to get BBM to do the same type of compression whatsapp does for videos.

02-01-16 04:47 PM
    Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not actually sure whether the notifications came when originally sharing the video, after sharing to another group, or both.
    02-01-16 05:21 PM
    No worries, we should be able to track it down one way or the other.
    02-01-16 05:24 PM
    I have the same problem too

02-01-16 05:53 PM
    Same issue here.

Also looking for a way to stop group messages from showing as separate new messages in the hub, I would rather them group in 1 line so I don't have to mark each group message from the same group as read

02-02-16 01:46 PM
    Same issue here.

Also looking for a way to stop group messages from showing as separate new messages in the hub, I would rather them group in 1 line so I don't have to mark each group message from the same group as read

This is a know bug. BlackBerry has said they "need WhatsApp's help to resolve", but they won't state if that help is in progress.

c_bryant, is that in progress?

The weird thing with that bug us sometimes they DO group properly, and the messages show up under:

Example Group

They all show up under one notification.

Then sometimes, they show up as

Bob@Example Group
    Joe@Example Group
    John@Example Group

So why does it work sometimes and then all of a sudden, the group breaks into individual messages with Name@Group?

Very strange.

02-02-16 04:39 PM
    This is a know bug. BlackBerry has said they "need WhatsApp's help to resolve", but they won't state if that help is in progress.

c_bryant, is that in progress?

The weird thing with that bug us sometimes they DO group properly, and the messages show up under:

Example Group

They all show up under one notification.

Then sometimes, they show up as

Bob@Example Group
    Joe@Example Group
    John@Example Group

So why does it work sometimes and then all of a sudden, the group breaks into individual messages with Name@Group?

Very strange.

Never works properly for me, it's always like your example, then I have to go through the hub and mark each one as read individually, such a waste of time.

02-03-16 07:16 AM
    Any update here?

02-03-16 05:40 PM
    We're looking to see what can be done.
    Matt J and ahmedhanif911 like this.
    02-03-16 09:07 PM
    We're looking to see what can be done.
    Awesome. Thanks.

02-04-16 05:03 AM
    What's app is annoying in the hub. I'm in a large group chat and every single message someone writes appears in the hub. I click the message that was posted from the hub, but it only takes me to the bottom of the thread. UGH! What's the point?!

02-06-16 10:40 AM