Am I the only one that is a little frustrated with composing an email on the Priv using the HUB?

To switch to the body I have to hit "next" on the virtual keyboard or enter on the hardware keyboard. I can't touch the body and have it select on screen.

Did anyone else notice this?
    11-10-15 08:37 AM
    Is this just me?
    11-10-15 11:22 AM
    Am I the only one that is a little frustrated with composing an email on the Priv using the HUB?

To switch to the body I have to hit "next" on the virtual keyboard or enter on the hardware keyboard. I can't touch the body and have it select on screen.

Did anyone else notice this?
    No, I haven't noticed this. I can just manually 'touch' the body portion of the screen and have it change focus. Can you send me your Hub version please?
    11-10-15 11:31 AM
    I have version: 1.1.0.4753
    11-10-15 11:40 AM
    I have version: 1.1.0.4753
    Thanks. Will have our QA team take a look.
    11-10-15 03:48 PM
    Let me know if you want me to send you debug goodies from my phone to you. I am a developer too and would be happy to assist.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-10-15 04:27 PM
    Let me know if you want me to send you debug goodies from my phone to you. I am a developer too and would be happy to assist.
    PM me please. Logs are always awesome if we can get them. I can log a defect internally for the team to look at.
    Camelhmpz and Mecca EL like this.
    11-11-15 11:43 AM
    Please tell me you guys are working on the "peak" feature for this phone, that will be huge if you are,one of the most underrated features in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    talalal likes this.
    11-11-15 01:36 PM
    Please tell me you guys are working on the "peak" peek feature for this phone, that will be huge if you are,one of the most underrated features in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Fixed it.
    Mecca EL and Camelhmpz like this.
    11-11-15 05:27 PM
    Do you mean you fixed my issue with composing an email? Or do you mean you have added a peak feature?

Either way thanks for being on the forums!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 08:13 PM
    I've noticed when touching in the body of the email, you have to click in the top left area. The area where you naturally start typing.
    11-11-15 08:37 PM
    Wow that is my issue. I did not even think of touching that spot. Seems a little touchy.

11-11-15 08:48 PM
    Wow that is my issue. I did not even think of touching that spot. Seems a little touchy.

If I can be a huge pain, could you take a quick screen shot of the device in the state for how you normally use it and post a big old red X in paint for where you were trying to touch?

Screenshot should be power key + volume down at the same time.
    11-12-15 11:51 AM
    Sure when I touch here:
    HUB and Compose message on Priv-november-12-2015-70200-pm-cst.jpg
    It won't give me a cursor. I can reproduce reliably in physical keyboard mode if it's open before composing an email in the hub.

However, if I touch here then it will work and show the cursor so I can type.
    HUB and Compose message on Priv-november-12-2015-72038-pm-cst.jpg

Another work around is hitting return on the keyboard. I can also get this to happen in virtual keyboard mode but it seems to be a little more fiddly.
    11-12-15 07:23 PM
    Perfect, thanks! Will take that back. Bit odd.
    gizmo21 and anon(153966) like this.
    11-12-15 10:39 PM
    Perfect, thanks! Will take that back. Bit odd.
    Hi Cody,

Another small feedback for you. On BB10, hub account filter/switcher is at bottom of the screen. But in Android, as most Android apps, it is at top of the screen. It's very difficult to reach that far high on large screen phones. Is it possible to make "hub" follow some of BB10 design principles (instead of Android's).

See picture.
    HUB and Compose message on Priv-priv-hub.jpg
    11-15-15 12:24 AM
    How can I stop the phone vibrating when I press the home screen? I've turned the vibrate function off. It doesn't vibrate when I type messages, like this one, but still does when I work from the home screens. Thanks.

11-15-15 04:23 AM
    Stop gloming on threads with Blackberry employee replies.

It's lame.

nickdollimount likes this.
    11-15-15 08:22 PM
    Stop gloming on threads with Blackberry employee replies.

It's lame.

Hello Brian. What does gloming mean? Thanks.

11-16-15 03:00 AM
    Stealing threads. Taking over a thread. It should have had two m's:
    glomming

It is a word.

Basically when you see a BlackBerry employee post, stop, think, and then thank them for the reply about the given topic... But do not post other requests that have nothing to do with the original post.
    11-16-15 04:20 PM
    Sorry Brian I obviously don't know the etiquette. Other people were joining in and I didn't realise it was reserved for you exclusively. I thought a public forum labelled 'Hub and Compose Message' was for people to post problems about composing messages on the hub. I've had those problems with the phone vibrating every time I type so I asked a question. If you want a personal service can't you email or phone BlackBerry directly rather than bring it to a public forum?

11-16-15 04:42 PM
    Don't play victim. All I ask is add another thread about your issue. Mine was fairly specific about a particular issue.

You are not the only one. There has been a trend of doing this when a Blackberry employee replies.

I understand we are all excited to see this. I seriously doubt you would have posted about your issue unless that BlackBerry employee replied.

That's all!

11-16-15 06:31 PM
    How can I stop the phone vibrating when I press the home screen? I've turned the vibrate function off. It doesn't vibrate when I type messages, like this one, but still does when I work from the home screens. Thanks.

Fyi - go to settings > sounds and notifications > other sounds > turn off vibrate on touch.

EDIT: just noticed you posted this two days ago, and you actually gave me the steps how to turn it off yesterday in a different thread, disregard my post and thanks for your help lol.

11-17-15 12:00 AM