Although a swipe right into the Hub gesture would be very ideal for us BlackBerry users my other gripe with the Hub is the slowness of it. Compared to BB10 Hub the Android Hub is very slow. Even when you press the bottom circle button and swipe top right to access the Hub there's a slight delay, yes this is a huge first world problem, but we were spoiled with such a flawless BlackBerry Hub that this one feels very slow and glitchy. Even swiping to delete or read/unread messages has a slowness to it.

Time for the update hope statement.....
    12-09-15 08:48 AM
    the android hub is an unnatural thing. Sorry. but you can survive quite nicely without the Hub in the way you are used to. I do. My LG does not need a hub to be effective
    darkehawke likes this.
    12-09-15 08:59 AM
    Although a swipe right into the Hub gesture would be very ideal for us BlackBerry users my other gripe with the Hub is the slowness of it. Compared to BB10 Hub the Android Hub is very slow. Even when you press the bottom circle button and swipe top right to access the Hub there's a slight delay, yes this is a huge first world problem, but we were spoiled with such a flawless BlackBerry Hub that this one feels very slow and glitchy. Even swiping to delete or read/unread messages has a slowness to it.

Agreed. It's funny how with BB10 the Android apps were slow and now with Android the BB10 apps are slow. We just can't win

For me the hub has always been essential for what I use the phone for. That was the biggest reason I stuck with BB10 for so long.
    12-09-15 09:33 AM
    the android hub is an unnatural thing. Sorry. but you can survive quite nicely without the Hub in the way you are used to. I do. My LG does not need a hub to be effective
    I can survive without it, but why not have an effective hub? It's there so might as well make it as efficient as possible.. Why half ***?
    12-09-15 09:51 AM
    My guess: animation. Follow a thread here in cb to make your Priv fly...

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 09:55 AM
    My guess: animation. Follow a thread here in cb to make your Priv fly...

Posted via CB10
    I did that.. It still doesn't fix the buggy Hub..
    12-09-15 10:14 AM
    hope the update of 14th will resolve all problems with the hub which are too many this is why I keep my pre-ordered priv (first phone to pay RRP/pre-order) on the desk and keep using the classic
    12-09-15 11:40 AM

Have you looked at SwipePad? You can program a gesture with it to allow you to open an app from anywhere.

For an additional edge opposite to your BlackBerry edge, you can also look at SideBar and SwApps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-09-15 11:49 AM
    The Hub works fine me and is quick.

12-09-15 11:51 AM
    How many avatars can one lady have?!

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2813
    12-10-15 11:46 PM
    Anyone managed to sync a Yahoo email account with the Hub? I can't get it to work???

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 03:17 AM
    I aint complaining as long as i didn't see the first update. I hope and bet it will bring good improvements which will improve the overall HUB experience, same as the first update did with the Calendar app. Keep Going BBRY.
    12-11-15 03:21 AM

When you swipe up and to the right to access the Hub, there is a delay because it has to load the application. In BB10, the Hub was baked right in...so it was always loaded.

I you want a fair comparison, load the Hub and minimize it. Now swipe up and to the right - not much of a delay.

Can't really blame this one on BlackBerry no more than you can blame Google because Chrome is not instantaneous when it initially loads.
    12-11-15 04:59 AM
    Anyone managed to sync a Yahoo email account with the Hub? I can't get it to work???

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I have a Yahoo account in the HUB. Not having any issues.

Are you getting an error message or just not getting emails to come through?

12-11-15 05:57 AM