Has anyone found a way to force connection through HSPA+ instead of LTE? I looked at the Priv owners manual and it said under settings > more > cellular networks there should be an option for preferred network type but mine doesn't seem tho have that. Anyone else?
    11-12-15 08:31 AM
    It annoys me a little because on the Passport LTE is very strong with my carrier Vodafone. It's also fast.

I can only get two thirds of the speed on the Priv when it's connected but most times its on H+ same as you.

I think it's Android but don't worry iPhones are worse.
    11-12-15 08:36 AM
    It annoys me a little because on the Passport LTE is very strong with my carrier Vodafone. It's also fast.

I can only get two thirds of the speed on the Priv when it's connected but most times its on H+ same as you.

Mine is on LTE I'm pretty sure, but I'd like to force the connection to HSPA+ because it can often times really save on battery, at least it did with my Nexus 5 that I just came from and I really don't notice a drop in speeds that really affects me.
    11-12-15 08:42 AM
    I don't notice a difference in battery drain you just gotta learn which applications are open and set settings accordingly.

Like only sync while on charge to Drive or Photos. Things like that will help.
    11-12-15 08:44 AM
    Has anyone found a way to force connection through HSPA+ instead of LTE? I looked at the Priv owners manual and it said under settings > more > cellular networks there should be an option for preferred network type but mine doesn't seem tho have that. Anyone else?
    Are you on ATT? They purposefully disable that setting and force you on LTE. No idea why. I know unlocked BB10 devices load a customization file when you insert an ATT sim that blocks that setting. I assume BB Android devices do the same.
    11-12-15 08:54 AM
    AT&T not only blocks your ability to select it they ALSO block the notification that you're on it -- both come up as "4g" here, but if you go into the modem baseband stats you can see that it is indeed on LTE.... or HSPAP as the case may be.
    CBPilu likes this.
    11-12-15 09:38 AM
    Are you on ATT? They purposefully disable that setting and force you on LTE. No idea why. I know unlocked BB10 devices load a customization file when you insert an ATT sim that blocks that setting. I assume BB Android devices do the same.
    This is incredibly annoying especially considering my Priv is a factory unlocked model. I was even in shock when I saw the AT&T splash screen after putting in my SIM card. Its a shame cause they didn't have any control over my Nexus 5
    11-12-15 10:12 AM
    You need to update the imei with your carrier so the phone is properly provisioned.
    If you just threw in the Sim in the new device the carrier doesn't have the imei on file so basically the network doesn't know how to talk to your phone. So just go to your carrier and update your imei and that will fix the 4g issue.
    I have a priv and I work at ATT this is how I fixed the issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 11:26 AM
    You need to update the imei with your carrier so the phone is properly provisioned.
    If you just threw in the Sim in the new device the carrier doesn't have the imei on file so basically the network doesn't know how to talk to your phone. So just go to your carrier and update your imei and that will fix the 4g issue.
    I have a priv and I work at ATT this is how I fixed the issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I went to AT&T last night, it took the a while to figure out how to get me 4G data working. My issue is that I wanted to be able to select between LTE and HSPA+, it sounds like AT&T removes this feature so your forced to LTE.
    11-12-15 11:42 AM
    Verizon doesn't let you switch either.
    11-12-15 12:00 PM
    I went to AT&T last night, it took the a while to figure out how to get me 4G data working. My issue is that I wanted to be able to select between LTE and HSPA+, it sounds like AT&T removes this feature so your forced to LTE.
    4g came up instantly on my Priv (factory unlocked) and I'm on Straight Talk (AT&T MVNO)

No problems, but..... and it's a big but.... no LTE/HSPA designation on the status line.

But that's AT&T standard. No, they're NOT blocking my access to LTE, as the 30Mbps transfer rate and ~50ms ping shows (never mind the radio status page.) They just refuse to allow it to display.
    11-12-15 12:08 PM

question............what do your 4g letters next to the signal bars look like as mine are dull and see through if that makes sence
    11-12-15 03:31 PM
    So my Priv just lost data connection all together, I tried to restart it and now I have a message in my notification tray saying "Unable to Establish a Wireless Data Connection" Cause: SERVICE_OPTION_NOT_SUBSCRIBED. Does anyone have any idea how to get this resolved? AT&T seems lost when I contacted them...
    11-12-15 03:36 PM