There's been a lot of reviews telling that the phone gets really hot even in normal usage. Is it true ?
    what about the android OS? Is it buggy?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 12:38 PM
    Dude..... read.... holy crap
    11-12-15 12:43 PM
    I stay with BB10 for now

Posted via PP
    11-12-15 12:46 PM
    I haven't had any heating issues with the phone and I've been using it constantly. The OS has been great.
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-12-15 12:49 PM
    Great device no problems here.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    11-12-15 12:51 PM
    gets a bit warm with heavy use but nothing crazy in my opinion.
    11-12-15 01:01 PM
    I cooked my breakfast on this morning.

The phone no longer works, but the bacon and eggs were nice and hot.
    11-12-15 01:02 PM
    I had it for 2 days. First one was hot while installing lots of apps.

This morning commuting to the office was a bit warm but not hot. This was at the end of the journey after 1 hour with the screen on.

Now on the way back is no even warm and also after one hour of screen on.

This is the first phone I manage to get the whole day without charging. I unplugged 13 hours ago and have 4 on screen and still have 20% left. This is only on mobile network and installing further apps.

In a few days it will last even longer.

This is the best phone I ever had!!!
    godsgift123 and Mr4aces like this.
    11-12-15 01:03 PM
    In a nutshell: Android users say it's fine, some BB10 users complain that isn't as smooth.
    11-12-15 01:30 PM
    BlackBerry priv has amoled display so is the display as good a the Samsung S6? And what about the speaker too...

11-12-15 08:58 PM
    In a nutshell: Android users say it's fine, some BB10 users complain that isn't as smooth.
    I've used every BlackBerry OS since 2005. For my first venture into android I'm enjoying it. I would love to see BB10 with hardware like this. I think BlackBerry did a good job to make this phone feel like a typical BlackBerry in ways. The it is also nice to have the app selection and apps working smoothly, etc.

sirk25 likes this.
    11-12-15 09:03 PM
    BlackBerry priv has amoled display so is the display as good a the Samsung S6? And what about the speaker too...

My girl has a Note 5. The screens are very comparable. The speakers, hers is a bit louder and both sound great.

11-12-15 09:06 PM
    I have had the Priv since the 6th. Steep learning curve on the Android os(getting it set up so I can use it effectively) the phone itself is stellar. No issues that cannot be attributed to operator. I have not experienced any of the issues others have. I think this phone will out perform my Z30

11-12-15 09:16 PM
    It's a better Android than Android.
    Vindi7 and anon(8908445) like this.
    11-12-15 09:19 PM
    it's a great device. Coming from an LG G4 and previous Blackberry devices years ago. It did get extremely hot initially. After all the updates, a few charges...running flawlessly. Will definitely get better over time with software updates. Great device!
    anon(8908445) and Jiggy1971 like this.
    11-12-15 09:50 PM
    It's a better Android than Android.
    LOL. Use to hate that.
    11-12-15 09:59 PM
    How is there multitasking in the priv. The g4 has 3gigs ddr4ram and priv has 3gigs ddr3ram. Did you notice any issues with the priv when using a lot of apps?

11-12-15 11:30 PM
    Have 2 in the household here and neither have gotten hot, warm yes, but nothing bad. I haven't experienced much lagging at all. We've had them since November 6. Couldn't be happier with them.

Posted with my BlackBerry Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 11:38 PM
    Got warm initially while indexing media card and pulling in all my emails and uploading pics to the cloud, but after a couple of days, the battery life is very good (not quite as good as my Passport which also got very hot when setting up for the first time) but good and now it runs as cool as a cucumber. Easily one of the top five Android handsets available, if not one of the top two. (based upon my requirements and aesthetics that are favourable to me and also the current lineup of handsets on offer from other vendors and not including soon to be released devices or devices out of the size category or running alternative OS'S) so you can rest assured that the Priv is a solid choice. (God, I hate the disclaimers you have to include just pre-empt the misunderstandings and the "no stinkin' Android for me" crowd)

Nb. The above constitutes my considered opinion and although based on my real world experience, should not be taken as scientific fact, your own research and due diligence is required.

Priv is awesome! Buy it! (if you want a pkb slider. If you don't, then don't.)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    11-12-15 11:42 PM

Speaker is great, on par with the best. If S6 has a 10/10 display, the Priv has a 9/10 display. Very good and up there with the best of them.

11-12-15 11:47 PM

Buy it! (if you want a pkb slider. If you don't, then don't.)

That is essentially what every review of this phone should boil down to.
    guygardner73 likes this.
    11-13-15 05:33 AM

My Priv screen is brighter than my S6 Edge.

Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-13-15 08:50 AM
    There's been a lot of reviews telling that the phone gets really hot even in normal usage. Is it true ?
    what about the android OS? Is it buggy?

It doesn't get hot like people have noted. A little warm, but not hot like my Passport. The camera is way faster than what the reviews are saying, at least compared to my bb10 phones, and focus is instant, sharp lens, too much sharpening however. Amazing camera, really.

It is laggy, however. Capacitive scrolling is laggy too. The hardware is great, pressing on the rear cover barely flexes, not noticeable at all. Feels great in hand, but the keyboard is crap compared to other bb10 devices. Still a good keyboard, and better than the touch screen keyboard.

Funny, turning on the flashlight has a half second lag. The passport flashlight toggle is instantaneous. Is this just an example of how convoluted the underlying OS really is? Android sucks, it just does, not BlackBerry's fault.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 09:04 AM
    I stay with BB10 for now

Posted via PP
    Why are you even replying to this!!

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-13-15 09:05 AM
    Screen is amazing. Stunning. Incredibly sharp and clear.

The device rarely heats up. I've had a few days where my passport got hot and needed a restart. Happens to devices.

You will love the PRIV. They did a great job with it.

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-13-15 09:29 AM
29 12