Yes, I think the 'curved' screen is getting way blown out of proportion. I'm not saying it won't be useful, it's just not as big as something that could interfere with the typing experience. It's not really going to feel much different than typing on the Z30. Just imagine that with side bezels that light up as part of the screen.

And, from the pictures, I don't know if the keyboard will work like the Passport. It would be quite awesome if it did but the different depth of the physical keys from the screen would feel less fluid than what it does on the Passport. Capacitive features for scrolling and text editing would be phenomenal though! It will make it more expensive, for sure, but why not... the only way to bring the price down is to keep pushing the technology until more people buy into it!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Neither am I, it very likely will be useful! I agree, it shouldn't affect the normal virtual typing experience since the main screen is flat.

If it's going to be a flagship device, and they've already got the core research and interaction done thanks to the Passport, I don't see why they wouldn't include it! They definitely should avoid introducing innovate features with one phone and then dropping it from all future ones, that's unnecessarily punishing any developer who tried to embrace it, and that's just mean. A little bit more cost wouldn't hurt too much if they really nail the BlackBerry10 experience with this new one!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    03-10-15 08:07 PM
    Oh, the entire display is curved?

To my knowledge it was flat with the edges being curved :/ I might not like the phone as much if the entire screen is curved..

That'd affect a lot of the apps I use pretty regularly in a bad way..

Only the edges are curved but if you look at the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge, the display and everything curves onto these edges. So when typing, "a" "q" "l" and "p" along with "shift" "enter" "backspace" etc. Would be on the edges

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:33 PM
    Correct.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Wrong. As I mentioned in my previous post, if you look at the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge, the keyboard and apps wrap on to the edges.

Maybe BlackBerry will change this but it's unlikely because if they don't, then that's a lot of wasted screen real estate

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:34 PM
    Wrong. As I mentioned in my previous post, if you look at the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge, the keyboard and apps wrap on to the edges.

Maybe BlackBerry will change this but it's unlikely because if they don't, then that's a lot of wasted screen real estate

Posted via CB10
    10.3.2 will be released with this phone. No way in the world they would not adjust for that.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-10-15 08:38 PM
    10.3.2 will be released with this phone. No way in the world they would not adjust for that.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Well what will they put instead of the keyboard. They can't leave the curved edge without doing anything. That's just wasted screen

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:55 PM
    Well what will they put instead of the keyboard. They can't leave the curved edge without doing anything. That's just wasted screen

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, maybe they could make it a better way of selecting stuff! The Passport way, by holding the virtual shift key, drives me nuts because I always accidentally get stuck in caps lock -.-

I'm sure they will come up with smart little tricks there. In all honesty we still don't even know that there will be a virtual keyboard (of course there will be, but we don't know that yet )

03-10-15 09:06 PM
    Do we even need a slider, though? It sounds cool, but the PKB could well be unbalanced to type on, and I have to say that the Z30's VKB is so fast that even as a lover of BlackBerry's past PKBs, I'm totally sold in it. And as for the problem of the VKB taking up too much real estate, I rarely find it a problem.

I think BlackBerry may have convinced enough die-hard PKB fans to go over to the dark side; for me, I believe we need to be seeing a more powerful Z30 flagship, the launch of which is supported with much better marketing...

The Z30 is an incredible phone, yet in the year I've had mine, I've yet to see one in the wild!!! An update, correctly marketed, would be bound to get attention.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.3.1
    03-11-15 03:47 AM
    Do we even need a slider, though? It sounds cool, but the PKB could well be unbalanced to type on, and I have to say that the Z30's VKB is so fast that even as a lover of BlackBerry's past PKBs, I'm totally sold in it. And as for the problem of the VKB taking up too much real estate, I rarely find it a problem.

I think BlackBerry may have convinced enough die-hard PKB fans to go over to the dark side; for me, I believe we need to be seeing a more powerful Z30 flagship, the launch of which is supported with much better marketing...

The Z30 is an incredible phone, yet in the year I've had mine, I've yet to see one in the wild!!! An update, correctly marketed, would be bound to get attention.

Agreed

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 05:15 AM

To answer your question: were you a Torch user at any point?

Or have you tried the Passport/Classic's PKBb?

You may be well adjusted to the VKB, but nothing matches the precision nor speed of the PKB, and assuming they execute this phone similar to the Torch's, it'll be well balanced and be amazing!

03-11-15 06:43 AM
    5 inches ,it's hard to use 1 hand

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 01:42 PM
    To answer your question: were you a Torch user at any point?

Or have you tried the Passport/Classic's PKBb?

You may be well adjusted to the VKB, but nothing matches the precision nor speed of the PKB, and assuming they execute this phone similar to the Torch's, it'll be well balanced and be amazing!
    Yes, I was a BlackBerry Legacy user and have tried the Passport - but having experienced the Z10/Z30 VKBs over the past 30 months, I have turned 180 degrees; I find BlackBerry's VKB to be better than any of their PKBs. I think they're much speedier - hence my post.

03-11-15 03:54 PM
    Yes, I was a BlackBerry Legacy user and have tried the Passport - but having experienced the Z10/Z30 VKBs over the past 30 months, I have turned 180 degrees; I find BlackBerry's VKB to be better than any of their PKBs. I think they're much speedier - hence my post.

I also prefer virtual keyboard tbh

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 04:09 PM

I also prefer virtual keyboard tbh

Posted via CB10

I find the PKB a little speedier, less mistakes, and I love finally being able to text without looking and expect my sentences to be 100% the way I meant to type them!

To each their own though :P

03-11-15 05:48 PM
38 12