So, as the thread title says, How would typing be on the Slider? Im asking because we know that it's going to have dual curved screen. So im thinking that typing on the virtual keyboard may be a little hard for the letters that'd be on the curved part of the screen. What do you guys think?
    03-08-15 10:16 AM
    i don't know will have to try it
    it cannot be to bad ,i'm sure they thought about that before design it
    03-08-15 10:25 AM
    I'd bet that the keyboard doesn't wrap over onto the curved edges.

Posted via CB10
    billsterjito likes this.
    03-08-15 10:27 AM
    I'd bet that the keyboard doesn't wrap over onto the curved edges.

Posted via CB10
    It does on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

And if it doesn't curve over the edge, what will? They can't leave that empty or it'll look bad

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:29 AM
    It does on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

And if it doesn't curve over the edge, what will? They can't leave that empty or it'll look bad

Posted via CB10
    I haven't got a clue what they will do. They could put the emoticon, paperclip, timer, etc on the edges I suppose. I agree with you, though, that if it were to wrap over the curves, it could prove to be a pain to type, especially one handed.
    03-08-15 11:03 AM
    5 inches ,it's hard to use 1 hand
    03-08-15 11:12 AM
    It will have a real keyboard, type on that.

Beyond that, go into a store and try typing on the curved android phones, either the Samsung or the LG. I think you would adjust pretty quickly.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:22 AM
    It will have a real keyboard, type on that.

Beyond that, go into a store and try typing on the curved android phones, either the Samsung or the LG. I think you would adjust pretty quickly.

Posted via CB10
    I dont want a real/physical keyboard. Im only going to buy the slider to replace my z10. Ill probably superglue the keyboard and just use the virtual keyboard. Thats why i was asking
    03-08-15 11:39 AM
    i guess superglue it's a good option in case slides really easy or it doesn't lock
    or maybe a cover that would hold it
    03-08-15 11:42 AM
    So, as the thread title says, How would typing be on the Slider? Im asking because we know that it's going to have dual curved screen. So im thinking that typing on the virtual keyboard may be a little hard for the letters that'd be on the curved part of the screen. What do you guys think?
    Oh my god!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-08-15 02:40 PM
    I dont want a real/physical keyboard. Im only going to buy the slider to replace my z10. Ill probably superglue the keyboard and just use the virtual keyboard. Thats why i was asking
    That's what I was thinking too, but if the keyboard is capacitive as some of the rumours suggest, we may find we'll use it more than we might think. Using it like a trackpad for fine editing might be nice. Also typing in some situations where you don't want to give up half your screen for the virtual keyboard is another possibility.

It will be interesting to see how it will affect my work flow. Excited.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    DJM626 likes this.
    03-08-15 02:47 PM
    Oh I see, I wonder if they'd release a full touch version the way they did with the Torch. That would make sense and likely be pretty simple.

I imagine you'd adjust to it but I'd for sure try typing on one (or on an S6 Edge) before pulling the trigger.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:08 PM
    Try typing on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. It will probably be a similar experience except with the slider will have the BlackBerry 10 keyboard.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-08-15 07:08 PM
    I loved my Torch. Hope it will be the same typing experience .... Was gonna get a Passport to replace my z30, guess have to wait now and see when that beauty new white slider will come out.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 07:10 PM
    Not challenging your honesty or opinion but that keyboard will come in handy a few times for you. Stay away from anything drastic like super glue.
    03-10-15 03:49 PM
    Not challenging your honesty or opinion but that keyboard will come in handy a few times for you. Stay away from anything drastic like super glue.
    I was joking about the superglue.

But in all honesty, at first I hated that it'd have a pkb but I realized that it might be useful once in a while and if the keyboard is touch sensitive like the passport's, then even better

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    03-10-15 04:03 PM
    I was joking about the superglue.

But in all honesty, at first I hated that it'd have a pkb but I realized that it might be useful once in a while and if the keyboard is touch sensitive like the passport's, then even better

Posted via CB10
    One thing I really miss from my 9810 was sliding the screen open and using the keys to move to messages and scroll through feeds. Not sure about BB10's shortcut keys. Also, not having the VKB cover up half the screen was pretty nice too.
    03-10-15 04:34 PM
    If it's a Zzzzzlider,
    I'll use it like a Zeddy, most of the time... :-)

(hope they get this right!?!)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-10-15 06:18 PM
    My guess it that it'd be almost identical to either the Z10 or Z30 typing experience when using the virtual keyboard. It'd be the virtual keyboard that everyone who owned a Torch was dreaming of! (man I would have actually used the touchscreen keyboard if it were that good!)

The physical slider component I'd assume would be more similar to the Classic + possible the touch-enabled part from the Passport.

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    03-10-15 06:57 PM
    My guess it that it'd be almost identical to either the Z10 or Z30 typing experience when using the virtual keyboard. It'd be the virtual keyboard that everyone who owned a Torch was dreaming of! (man I would have actually used the touchscreen keyboard if it were that good!)

The physical slider component I'd assume would be more similar to the Classic + possible the touch-enabled part from the Passport.

I'm not sure if it'll be like the z10/z30 keyboard because the screen is curved so you'd have to hit those letters on an angle

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:06 PM
    I'm not sure if it'll be like the z10/z30 keyboard because the screen is curved so you'd have to hit those letters on an angle

Posted via CB10
    Oh, the entire display is curved?

To my knowledge it was flat with the edges being curved :/ I might not like the phone as much if the entire screen is curved..

That'd affect a lot of the apps I use pretty regularly in a bad way..

03-10-15 07:19 PM
    Oh, the entire display is curved?

To my knowledge it was flat with the edges being curved :/ I might not like the phone as much if the entire screen is curved..

That'd affect a lot of the apps I use pretty regularly in a bad way..

Just the outside edges. The OS will be modified to deal with it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-10-15 07:28 PM
    Just the outside edges. The OS will be modified to deal with it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Okay, so to clarify, just the outside edges are curved, not the entire screen. Meaning in theory, the keyboard from say, Z10 or Z30 would work just fine?

03-10-15 07:31 PM
    Okay, so to clarify, just the outside edges are curved, not the entire screen. Meaning in theory, the keyboard from say, Z10 or Z30 would work just fine?

Correct.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-10-15 07:41 PM

Yes, I think the 'curved' screen is getting way blown out of proportion. I'm not saying it won't be useful, it's just not as big as something that could interfere with the typing experience. It's not really going to feel much different than typing on the Z30. Just imagine that with side bezels that light up as part of the screen.

And, from the pictures, I don't know if the keyboard will work like the Passport. It would be quite awesome if it did but the different depth of the physical keys from the screen would feel less fluid than what it does on the Passport. Capacitive features for scrolling and text editing would be phenomenal though! It will make it more expensive, for sure, but why not... the only way to bring the price down is to keep pushing the technology until more people buy into it!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-10-15 07:42 PM
38 12