Considering getting the Priv or Mercury but I'm concerned about stability and the keyboard. How usable is the priv on Marshmallow, and is the keyboard nice to type on? I've read about lots of people hating on the keyboard. Seems the mercury may or may not come out and the slider seems nice.
    10-08-16 01:02 PM
    Keyboard is not as good as passport version, BUT... it still good, much like anything the more you use it the better it gets. I do wish it was just a touch wider though, that's really the only complaint I have

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-08-16 01:17 PM
    Just got the latest update before we left Canada for France. It's the first chance to exercise the whole phone in some challenging situations for photos, videos, email, banking, and a lot of typing on the PKB...and a few unplanned drops. The phone is extremely good, and usable, and tough...connecting to Wi-Fi reliably and taking great photos, such that we put the old DSLR to bed.

Priv and...

Q10  OS 10.3.1.2474  Z30
    zocster and FF22 like this.
    10-08-16 02:39 PM
    Keyboard of the Priv is fine.
    I am coming from a passport that has a huge and very wide keyboard and didn't took me more than a couple of days to adapt on it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    10-08-16 03:06 PM
    As far as I can tell, the update to Marshmallow was the best thing that could have happened to the Priv. I also have no issues with the physical keyboard, although I don't use it often.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    10-08-16 05:47 PM
    Well, I've been using the PRIV for 6 months now and ever since the M update everything is running much better. As for the keyboard side, being a Passport user before, sometimes i feel that the PRIV's is a bit cramped but that's fine, it still offers a set of PKB with the original BB setup, i still can type without having to see the keys. Overall everything is good, i just wish the battery is slightly bigger than 3410 mAh so it can go longer and longer.

10-08-16 06:20 PM
    Works well for me on MM. I tend to "clear all" recent apps each night and reboot once a week or so just to keep everything running nice and smooth.

10-09-16 12:19 PM
    Ok! Thanks for your responses!
    10-09-16 01:43 PM
    The Priv runs great, on the most recent version of Marshmallow. Lots on people say the Priv's hardware is capable of running Nougat, which should be even better :-)
    10-10-16 07:45 AM
    Keyboard is good. I liked the Palm/HP Pre keyboard better for typing, but the Priv's keyboard scrolling is a plus. It saves the screen from a lot of smudging. I wish I had MM to report, but I'm currently on VZW. If it's any indication, I'll be picking up a Priv from BB and move to AT&T. Having a secure phone is top priority and Verizon's mishandling of updates was the end of the line for me.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-10-16 08:40 AM