Hi Everyone,

I'm using an unlocked AT&T Priv. Till now, i got no updates from monthly security patches. My current software is AAC734.

Does anybody know how to get update for such an unlocked AT&T Priv? Are there any methods of update ROM like that of BB10?

Thank you in advance.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-02-16 09:29 AM
    What ever carrier you are on should provide you the update. This has nothing to do with it being unlocked. Unlocking the phone will still allow you to get updates. now if the carrier you are on has version 3 of the Priv and yours is version 2 then I don't know if it will see the update because it was not designed for your device. But i woudl imagine if you removed the SIM and went to wifi only it should get the update..
    02-02-16 10:22 AM
    You should be on AAD028 by now, though.

So you bought the Priv from AT&T, unlocked it and are now on some other carrier?
    02-02-16 10:45 AM
    If you're using the unlocked AT&T phone on another carrier, you're not going to get the updates (or update - as only one has been released by AT&T so far.....but it's a major update).

My solution was to get an AT&T GO SIM - it cost me $6 + 10 cents/month. I stuck that in the phone and immediately received the update.
    02-02-16 11:25 AM
    if you have no SIM there is no way for the phone to know who its connected to so if on WiFi you should get the update. This should be the same even if you have your SIM card installed as update are over the air from the carrier the device was made for. I cannot imagine unlocking a phone would break that connection
    02-02-16 11:27 AM
    You should be on AAD028 by now, though.

So you bought the Priv from AT&T, unlocked it and are now on some other carrier?
    Yes. But even i remove Sim card and update under wifi, still got no update.

02-03-16 07:12 AM
    Take it to an att store and ask them see if the put in their Sim if you get the update
    02-03-16 07:15 AM
    Take it to an att store and ask them see if the put in their Sim if you get the update
    Unfortunately, i'm living in Vietnam.

02-03-16 07:49 AM
    There's an update today.

I'm not sure if AT&T will push it to you, though.

Maybe find an AT&T SIM on the Internet?
    02-03-16 09:02 AM
    Bump .

Is having an AT&T SIM card enough when using the phone outside the USA? If yes, does it have to be active (I plan to buy a prepaid one in the USA).

I bought an AT&T Priv and will get it next week when I'll be in the USA, but I didn't know about the update restriction AT&T has even on unlocked phones (even now it's hard to find relevant forum topics).
    05-09-16 02:34 AM