When I tether the Priv to the laptop and try to access the photos (with Lenovo photomaster), I get the message "You must ulnock or allow access to your phone to access your photos." I can't seem to access my Priv's photos or documents from my laptop. I need to get them off the phone, I have no space left and don't want to store the in the cloud (i.e., "Photos"). Many thanks!
    10-14-17 04:37 PM
    I'm using Asus File manager.

On the bottom of the screen you will see a button that says "File transfer", you hit that, then it will ask you to connect to the same wifi you PC or Laptot is connected to, on the next screen you hit the "start" button and it will give you an ip address with a port, you copy that on your laptop browser (in the address bar) and you have access to you phone storage. Now you can copy or move your files around. From your phone or to your phone.
    10-14-17 06:50 PM
    thanks for responding! Where do I get the Asus File Manager? is this something I need to download? What about Phone Companion? I was going to download that, but, the issue is that I am out of storage on my phone, so I didn't have enough room. I'm currently sending the pics to my laptop via Bluetooth in blocks of 50 , but there were almost 800. I also wanted to copy and save my address book so I could have a hard copy of it, can you do that with Asus?
    10-14-17 09:00 PM
    Just grab the drivers from blackberry site and install. Than simply plug phone into computer than use the pulldown on phone and choose fille transfer. Once ur connected find the folder the pix are in. Drag em to your desktop or whatever. Done
    Or u can use a file manager as already mentioned
    10-14-17 09:43 PM
    thanks for responding! Where do I get the Asus File Manager? is this something I need to download? What about Phone Companion? I was going to download that, but, the issue is that I am out of storage on my phone, so I didn't have enough room. I'm currently sending the pics to my laptop via Bluetooth in blocks of 50 , but there were almost 800. I also wanted to copy and save my address book so I could have a hard copy of it, can you do that with Asus?
    You can download Asus File Manager from Playstore, its free.
    10-14-17 10:54 PM
    ok, thanks! as a note, i was able to copy/import all pics to my laptop finally. somewhere in my searchings in the BB KB, i somehow happened upon a driver download for file transfer and, when i rebooted my phone while tethered to my computer, i suddenly got a notification to chose how i wanted to tether, and was able to chose to copy photos, so that's done! Now, I just need to figure out how to import my phone book, I think I need Phone Companion for that.
    10-14-17 11:12 PM
    thank you, somehow i accidentally happened upon the drivers download and did it. What is the best option to copy my phone book? I really want a hard copy of it.
    10-14-17 11:15 PM
    Try apps in the playstore. There's many. I use "sa contacts"
    10-15-17 12:41 AM
    or upload to Google Drive or Google photos.
    10-15-17 09:33 AM
    or upload to Google Drive or Google photos.
    Avoid that at all costs. That isn't safe for private pix of your family or whatever.
    10-15-17 02:37 PM
    Get a decent SD card, and put all your pics on it. There's also a lot of apps that will back up your contacts, SMS's, calendars, music and etc to the SD. Get a 256 and you'll prob never run out of memory. Then you can just pull the SD, slap it into a port on your computer and do what you want. The Priv supports up to 2TB, but anything over 256 gets pricy, and 256 is a lot of memory.
    Do Not set it up as internal, or adopted memory, it is worthless out of the phone, and you're rolling the dice that it will suddenly become worthless in the phone.
    10-16-17 09:05 AM