I haven't seen a thread on this, sorry if I missed it:
    How does one transfer files (contacts, pics, docs, music, compatible apps) from a BB10 (Passport) to a Priv?
    * Is it an easy process?
    * Are there any files/ folders/ apps that are NOT compatible except maybe for BB10 specific apps?
    * Is the SD card from my Passport "plug and play" or is any reformatting necessary (I have close to a couple thousand pic and music files)

Could someone give me the basic steps?
    Thanks!
    11-08-15 11:35 PM
    Check out BlackBerry Content Transfer in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59981099

Or, sync everything to your favorite cloud storage service and use that. But the content app I posted above is designed specifically for this task. Just follow the prompts and you'll be fine. Back up on your home computer via Link just in case too.

Posted via CB10
    garpt likes this.
    11-09-15 12:06 AM
    Check out BlackBerry Content Transfer in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59981099

Or, sync everything to your favorite cloud storage service and use that. But the content app I posted above is designed specifically for this task. Just follow the prompts and you'll be fine. Back up on your home computer via Link just in case too.

Posted via CB10
    So that one app does it all? Hope so- Good news!
    Thanks!
    11-09-15 12:45 AM
    If anyone can provide me the .BAR of this Transfer App, I'd really appreciate it. Have a Passport that's locked out of BlackBerry World and need to transfer data over.
    11-09-15 04:29 AM
    My wife has three BBM channels on her BlackBerry Z10 we are getting the Priv, is this going to be a problem moving her BBM account over to the priv

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Is that native App only good for serving the Priv? Or will it work on other Androids?

BB10 is Dead
    11-09-15 07:57 PM
    My wife has three BBM channels on her BlackBerry Z10 we are getting the Priv, is this going to be a problem moving her BBM account over to the priv

Posted via CB10
    It would be associated with her BBID so she would have to sign in with her same credentials (i.e. email address) as she did on her Z10. She should gain full access for her channels if the log-in is accepted.

Is that native App only good for serving the Priv? Or will it work on other Androids?

BB10 is Dead
    I don't see why not, it's really just using either the SD card or cloud storage via email address to store your info until you load it onto the new device. The Priv is basically a simple Android device so I don't see why this couldn't used for other Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:23 AM
    Not sure if device switch is available for the Priv but that app worked perfectly when transferring all my files from the q5 to the passport without any glitches...hopefully it does the same when I get my priv

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:28 AM
    Not sure if device switch is available for the Priv but that app worked perfectly when transferring all my files from the q5 to the passport without any glitches...hopefully it does the same when I get my priv

Posted via CB10
    The content transfer app we're talking about was designed specifically for BB10 users transferring over to the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:12 AM
    The content transfer app we're talking about was designed specifically for BB10 users transferring over to the Priv.

Posted via CB10

Too bad it doenst really work. It actually informs me that it can only transfer 3500 of 3883 sms stored on my phone. But then it only transfers 159.
    And has anyone figured out how the whatsapp function "transfer to android" works?
    02-16-17 10:36 AM
    I just saved everything to an SD card, moved them to my computer, set up the SD card I was planning on using on the Priv, copied the files to it, and then puit it in the Priv. I did not use a cloud service, and still don't. I simply exported my contacts and imported them into the contact app on the Priv. Easy peasy.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-16-17 12:50 PM
    Hughes

I did the same. I had no issues with the transfer using the SD card.
    PHughes likes this.
    02-17-17 07:33 AM
    I also only used the sd card, no cloud.
    I cant use any sms backup programs from my playstore on the BB10 either. The programs wont recognize any text messages...
    02-17-17 11:46 AM