Anybody remember the Z10 launch? How about the first BlackBerry 10 OS? So many features missing and the Z10 an iPhone killer, not! BlackBerry has done a much better job on all fronts with the Priv. Yes, the BlackDroid needs some work, but we are so much further ahead today then at the Z10 launch. With a little time and patience the BlackDroid will be a solid fit for many. Just wait and see...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 10:37 AM
    Anybody remember the Z10 launch? How about the first BlackBerry 10 OS? So many features missing and the Z10 an iPhone killer, not! BlackBerry has done a much better job on all fronts with the Priv. Yes, the BlackDroid needs some work, but we are so much further ahead today then at the Z10 launch. With a little time and patience the BlackDroid will be a solid fit for many. Just wait and see...

+1
    Everybody forgets!

BlackBerry did a remarkable job in less than a year.

Things will get better. The phone is awesome.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-16-15 10:51 AM
    When did anyone even say it was supposed to be an iPhone killer? No, I didn't forget a thing. And I didn't forget the answer to the above question: No one. No one did.

But I agree, no device is ever launched perfect. The iPhone wasn't. Android surely wasn't. And the Priv isn't.

Time (provided the company can buy enough of it), will surely get most issues ironed out.
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-16-15 at 03:06 PM.
    lift likes this.
    11-16-15 10:56 AM
    "Without a doubt the BlackBerry Z10 is more than a bare-bones 1.0 product."

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-review

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 11:34 AM
    +1
    Everybody forgets!
    Everybody forgets.... conveniently!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-16-15 11:37 AM
    How soon we forget...-img_20151116_104010.png

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-16-15 11:40 AM
    BlackBerry never once claimed the Zed10 or any BB10 device was an "iPhone killer". BlackBerry has said numerous times its not trying to compete directly with Apple.

Also who are you kidding? The Priv launch has been anything but mediocre at best. Only one US carrier has any and BlackBerry's own pre orders haven't even shipped yet. I have had a Priv for about four days and will be returning it tomorrow. Android is a mess and was only really using it for Chromecast. Passport is still my favorite hands down. I will probably pick another one up when Marshmallow comes our way and BlackBerry has polished it a bit more.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pkcable; 11-16-15 at 09:50 PM.
    lift likes this.
    11-16-15 11:42 AM
    When did anyone even said it was supposed to be an iPhone killer? No, I didn't forget a thing. And I didn't forget the answer to the above question: No one. No one did.

But I agree, no device is ever launched perfect. The iPhone wasn't. Android surely wasn't. And the Priv isn't.

Time (provided the company can buy enough of it), will surely get most issues ironed out.
    Its was suposed to compete head to head with iphone, for the following reasons:
    -It did cost the about the same an iphone
    -was more or less the same size and form factor
    -Blackberry CEO said it was going to sell "tens of millions"
    DaDaDogg and modbro like this.
    11-16-15 12:22 PM
    When did anyone even said it was supposed to be an iPhone killer? No, I didn't forget a thing. And I didn't forget the answer to the above question: No one. No one did.

Here you go concerning the iPhone killer reference maybe they are talking about all of the articles that came out around the release of the z10. .

BlackBerry Z10: iPhone, Android killer? - AGBeat
    theamericangenius.com/gadgets/smartphones-gadgets/blackberry-z10/
    Jan 31, 2013 - The BlackBerry Z10 is the sexy new flagship device set to hit palms across America - does it have a chance to hurt competitors, or is it just a
    The Real iPhone Killer – Z10 | BlackBerryRocks.com
    blackberryrocks.com/2013/02/22/real-iphone-killer-z10/
    Feb 22, 2013 - If one compares the BlackBerry Z10 with iPhone 5, there is a lot to discuss about. The Z10 has been giving tough competition to the already
    modbro likes this.
    11-16-15 12:45 PM
    The Storm was supposed to be the iPhone killer.
    "Press and be impressed!"
    nokia4life likes this.
    11-16-15 12:47 PM
    Wasn't referring to BlackBerry about the iPhone killer and why are all the negative comments about a bad launch based on US carriers? What about the rest of the world? The US market has not shown BlackBerry much support the past several years so why would they focus on it. I do think my Passport is excellent, but the Priv is a very good Android phone, so far. I have only been using it sparingly since the 6th, learning curve on my end.

11-16-15 01:08 PM
    The Storm was supposed to be the iPhone killer.
    "Press and be impressed!"
    How quickly some forget the phone that soured the name BlackBerry permanently for just about all those who had to put up with them.
    modbro and nokia4life like this.
    11-16-15 01:49 PM
    Let's not forget what got BlackBerry into the hole it's in now. I think BlackBerry's biggest problem is listening to fans/loyalists and not to the larger market. You BlackBerry fans r too quick to accept subpar quality just because it's a BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry needs to stop releasing "beta" products to the market.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 01:56 PM
    "Without a doubt the BlackBerry Z10 is more than a bare-bones 1.0 product."

BlackBerry Z10 Review | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry could have taken the opportunity to make the wholesale switch to Android as many smartphone manufacturers have, but decided there's more long term value in owning and building their own platform. They chose the longer, harder road, but the better one. By building their own end to end solution, BlackBerry is in control of its own destiny. BlackBerry can differentiate from the competition. They can build services they simply would not be able to do without full ownership of the code. Though that decision has hurt BlackBerry for the last couple of years -- they likely could have brought new high-end Android handsets to the market sooner -- it's clearly looking like they chose the right path
    nokia4life and AnimalPak200 like this.
    11-16-15 02:01 PM
    Wasn't referring to BlackBerry about the iPhone killer and why are all the negative comments about a bad launch based on US carriers? What about the rest of the world? The US market has not shown BlackBerry much support the past several years so why would they focus on it. I do think my Passport is excellent, but the Priv is a very good Android phone, so far. I have only been using it sparingly since the 6th, learning curve on my end.

Because the US was a huge market for BB thats why they want to focus on it, along with every other Android Big player. Lets not act like we do not know why blackberry fell off not only in the USA but in other countries as well, and there are a lot of us here that still like BB I have a Red Passport and show my support for the PRIV but not everyone is going to wait around for a companies culture to change. Where are you located if it is not Canada your country probably dropped BB just like many others as the number 1 choice when it came to smartphones for business and consumer.
    11-16-15 02:10 PM
    They just need to move faster with this one if they want sales to climb. If the Priv and other android devices from blackberry are going to save the hardware business the the sooner the better.

11-16-15 02:30 PM
    It doesn't matter if the fanboy ilk forget or not... this Priv exploit needs new customers in droves... sending a couple to each store doesn't do that, especially when the demo doesn't work...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 02:31 PM
    Its was suposed to compete head to head with iphone, for the following reasons:
    -It did cost the about the same an iphone
    -was more or less the same size and form factor
    -Blackberry CEO said it was going to sell "tens of millions"
    Still doesn't spell killer.

A 'something'-killer is designed to supplant whatever it is supposed to kill. It will take over and make obsolete. No where did BlackBerry say the Z10 would do that. Sure they wanted it to happen. Sure we wanted it to happen. But nowhere did they state it.

Here you go concerning the iPhone killer reference maybe they are talking about all of the articles that came out around the release of the z10. .

BlackBerry Z10: iPhone, Android killer? - AGBeat
    theamericangenius.com/gadgets/smartphones-gadgets/blackberry-z10/
    Jan 31, 2013 - The BlackBerry Z10 is the sexy new flagship device set to hit palms across America - does it have a chance to hurt competitors, or is it just a
    The Real iPhone Killer – Z10 | BlackBerryRocks.com
    blackberryrocks.com/2013/02/22/real-iphone-killer-z10/
    Feb 22, 2013 - If one compares the BlackBerry Z10 with iPhone 5, there is a lot to discuss about. The Z10 has been giving tough competition to the already
    Still not BlackBerry's official statement on the Z10.
    11-16-15 03:02 PM
    Agreed, the US Market was huge for BB. Its not anymore, but it doesn't help when so many people rant and rave about how poor the carrier support is when the carriers are only doing what makes them profitable. I don't agree with your comment about "That's why they want to focus on it", because they are not doing that. Have you seen any commercials here in the US? Have you heard of any endorsements here in the US? Other than the internet traffic about the Priv, which costs BB nothing, what are they doing to focus on the US market? I live in the US and have been using BB's for years, just get tired of all of the negativity without suggestions or solutions.
    11-16-15 03:11 PM
    The US market is demanding... if a millennial passes a mall kiosk & sees a phone they want & can try the features in 5 minutes being shown by a knowledgeable salesperson, they will pull out their credit card & buy it then... if there is no demo to hold, no answer to their question(s), & no stock to take home, they will walk on to the next store & buy a coat or shoes... phones are a commodity & are purchased like a meal, flavor of the minute... JC&Cie do NOT understand how to address the market & do NOT see beyond the tiny clique of existing BlackBerry customers who might upgrade... that will sell dozens of phones a month in th US... not millions !!
    modbro likes this.
    11-16-15 03:25 PM
    You actually think this was a product launch? What launch? There wasn't one. There were units given to review sites and BB updated their website. I've yet to see one piece of marketing literature for this phone. Outside of walking into a store and specifically looking for the Priv the majority of the population doesn't even know it exists. Yeah you have your Android enthusiast and tech freaks that know about it but I bet if I polled 50 random people off of the street 3 or less would have any idea that this phone even existed.

I wouldn't even call this a launch, it's more like BB released a phone and forgot to tell anyone about it.
    modbro, NtotheK and lift like this.
    11-16-15 05:44 PM