Can anyone tell me how to set up a text group for SMS/MMS on the Blackberry Priv... I used to be able to do this on my OLD Blackberrys, way back when - but can't seem to figure it out on the Priv ...
    02-02-16 01:04 PM
    Please take this kinda questions to android forums!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 01:06 PM
    Please take this kinda questions to android forums!

Posted via CB10
    Priv is a BB. This is a BlackBerry forum. OP has asked an appropriate question regardless of internal OS.

To the OP hang tight...someone should be able to provide some direction to you.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    02-02-16 01:56 PM
    Thanks, much appreciated Lusitano17, I was a bit confused by that earlier reply???
    02-02-16 02:40 PM
    No prob...don't own a Priv yet so I can't provide the best response but searching through forums it appears that Messenger isn't ideally suited to group SMS/mMS.

There are some apps available in Google play which have been recommended but I'll defer to someone who has hands on experience.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-text-1050296/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssues-1054337/

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 02:59 PM
    I installed Textra it worked okay. Better then Messenger had some costumization. But the group and mms didn't always work. When it did it did it well.

But I got frustrated waiting to see if it worked.

I'm using Yaata now. I really like it. I wanted to be able to use the enter key to send texts from the pkb. There is an option for it in settings. But for some reason only worked with vkb. I contacted the developer and he replied promptly and was able to help me with that. Which then made mms unusable. But the dev helped me through that and all is good and in working order. I'll soon be able to customize per contact and all will be perfect.

So I recommend installing Yaata. If you have problems email dev and you'll be good to go!

When installed just select the plus sign in bottom right corner and then for each contact type their names in top bar

Enjoy. Good luck!

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    02-03-16 04:56 PM
    I have added a group in my contacts. When I try to text it automatically uses every number saved for each person including land lines. I have tried to edit the group but it will only let me copy to clipboard unwanted numbers not delete. Can anyone help

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-06-16 07:12 AM
    Group texting by named group is not a feature of Android as far as I know. Make a manual group for the first text and then keep using that thread. Or use a messaging app like BBM or WhatsApp.

Sorry I don't know other solutions. There's probably an app for that

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-06-16 07:27 AM
    All you have to do is type multiple names in the "To" field of Messenger. Works fine.
    02-06-16 07:27 AM