Like many of you I'm using Gmail's new layout that separates Primary, Social and Promotional emails into separate tabs. Since this feature is not part of the IMAP standard it isn't implemented by blackberry hub. I dived into the web in search of a solution and managed to find one and thought to share it here for those interested.

In a browser:
    1) First create a new Label for each of your tabs (except for primary). I ended up making one for Social and Promotions. If you need access to these emails with your priv, make sure "Show in IMAP" is selected in the Settings/Labels.

2) Uncheck "Show in IMAP" for "All Mail" in Settings/Labels.

3) Go to "Settings/Filters and Blocked Addresses" and create a new filter for each of your tabs (except for primary). In the "has the words" field enter "category:promotions" or "category:social" (without quotes) . Finally, select "Skip Inbox" and set "Apply label" to the corresponding label that you created in step 1.

In the blackberry hub:
    In the settings select your gmail account and go to "Folder sync settings". You can choose to sync the emails in social/promotional tabs here.

Note that from now on the emails that normally went to the tabs now go to the new labels you created. This is also true when using Gmail in a browser.
    12-31-15 05:47 AM
    Thread title tweaked to show this is a "how to" , not sure question.
    Esi_T likes this.
    12-31-15 07:50 AM
    Hello,

I read these instructions and I was very confused. It could be because I have no idea how you began to create your labels in a browser. That really confused me. I also have a Blackberry Classic so that may be why I'm confused. Do you possibly know how to separate the Primary/Social/Promotions Tabs on a Classic? Any thing helps! Thank you.
    01-15-16 02:10 PM
    Hello,

I read these instructions and I was very confused. It could be because I have no idea how you began to create your labels in a browser. That really confused me. I also have a Blackberry Classic so that may be why I'm confused. Do you possibly know how to separate the Primary/Social/Promotions Tabs on a Classic? Any thing helps! Thank you.
    the instructions should work in any phone including the classic. however since I don't have one I can't guarantee it. hopefully you can confirm it for us.

to create new labels, log in to your gmail account on a web browser on a pc. go to settings. go to labels tab. in section labels click the button "create new label".

I hope that answers your question. if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Posted with the BlackBerry Priv
    01-15-16 03:32 PM
    Hello,

This is a Priv forum!?

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    01-16-16 02:10 AM