It should not be this hard.
    It really shouldn't.
    I've made an appointment early in the morning next week before work.
    So, I want to make sure that I'm awake for it.
    So, I want to set an alarm for it to wake me up.

But.

The alarm / clock app only lets me set an alarm within the next 24 hours. I don't want to wake up early tomorrow, I want to wake up early one day next week.

I tried to use the inbuilt calendar app for the first time. It won't even let me save an event without signing up an account. I don't want the rest of the internet knowing my movements, all I want is an alarm. After searching a few threads here it turns out there is no way to use the calendar without it being online. So block, force stop, disable, no point in even having that icon on my home screen anymore.

Another thread suggested Appgenix Business Calendar, so I installed that. I can't even start it without it reading all of my contacts. I'm not giving an app that permission just to set an alarm, so that got uninstalled straight away.

I tried creating a 'task', which does have an alarm associated with a due date. Kludgy but it worked when I tested it. But the notification sound is just my default sms-received notification (Lalande), which I specifically chose to not persist and wake me up if it goes off in the middle of the night. And there's no way to change the ringtone just for that app.

Tried another calendar app called 'Simple Calendar', which true to its name didn't need an online account. But again, it just gives me the same default sms notification that can't be changed.

So how hard can it be?
    Can someone recommend an app that I can set to wake me up next week with an alarm-sound?
    All I ask is that it doesn't ask for online accounts, or access to contacts, or other bollocks that it doesn't need.
    It just has to play the sound I want at the time I want.
    11-21-16 10:23 PM
    Afaik aCalendar+ has local Cal account without the need of giving it the right to read contacts. But you need to give right to read media for selecting different sound.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-21-16 11:47 PM
    I take it that the appt is more than 7 days out? because you can set your alarm for up to a week in the feature without issue.
    11-21-16 11:54 PM
    It should not be this hard.
    It really shouldn't.
    I've made an appointment early in the morning next week before work.
    So, I want to make sure that I'm awake for it.
    So, I want to set an alarm for it to wake me up.

But.

The alarm / clock app only lets me set an alarm within the next 24 hours. I don't want to wake up early tomorrow, I want to wake up early one day next week.

I tried to use the inbuilt calendar app for the first time. It won't even let me save an event without signing up an account. I don't want the rest of the internet knowing my movements, all I want is an alarm. After searching a few threads here it turns out there is no way to use the calendar without it being online. So block, force stop, disable, no point in even having that icon on my home screen anymore.

Another thread suggested Appgenix Business Calendar, so I installed that. I can't even start it without it reading all of my contacts. I'm not giving an app that permission just to set an alarm, so that got uninstalled straight away.

I tried creating a 'task', which does have an alarm associated with a due date. Kludgy but it worked when I tested it. But the notification sound is just my default sms-received notification (Lalande), which I specifically chose to not persist and wake me up if it goes off in the middle of the night. And there's no way to change the ringtone just for that app.

Tried another calendar app called 'Simple Calendar', which true to its name didn't need an online account. But again, it just gives me the same default sms notification that can't be changed.

So how hard can it be?
    Can someone recommend an app that I can set to wake me up next week with an alarm-sound?
    All I ask is that it doesn't ask for online accounts, or access to contacts, or other bollocks that it doesn't need.
    It just has to play the sound I want at the time I want.
    I thought you could set LOCAL events that were not part of some overarching scheme.

The HELP for the app (left menu - help) states: "Even if you don't add any account to the BB Hub, you can still create events in the Calendar app." Since I have set up an account I'm not sure how to go about it and keep the event solely within the device.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in.
    11-22-16 12:51 AM
    After doing a quick search in the Google Play Store, I found an app called "Alarm Calendar Plus" by Moyou that might meet your needs. You can set alarms based on calendar events. I can't immediately tell what the app permissions are so you may or may not have the same concerns you have using Business Calendar. Hope this helps.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-22-16 05:00 AM