I have two primary accounts - my exchange work account with carefully managed and correct contacts.

My personal google account with my gmail and a mess of google contacts that are duplicates of my exchange and are out of date and messy.

On BB10 it was simple, I only had my exchange contacts available on my phone. On my priv I can't find a way not to have my google account contacts mess everything up. I have turned off my gmail contact sync in hub and in contacts and turned off people details but my contacts are still a mess.

Help. With the contacts quagwire I forced to still use my z10 on wifi just to send emails still and that is not the reason I dropped $900 bucks on that is beautiful hardware.
    11-15-15 07:15 PM
    From what i'm seeing, you would have to set upt the device initially without a GMail account, then add the Gmail later and ensuring you've got "auto-sync" turned off in the People/Contacts app until you turn OFF the contact & people details sync
    11-15-15 07:52 PM
    From what i'm seeing, you would have to set upt the device initially without a GMail account, then add the Gmail later and ensuring you've got "auto-sync" turned off in the People/Contacts app until you turn OFF the contact & people details sync
    Sounds about right. Your original Gmail account is going to sync your contacts upon set up.

Or wait, during the initial set up, before you get to the home screen, isn't there a place to select what you want to sync with your Google account. I think Nexus has this.

Alternatively I may be time to delete all those contacts in your Gmail account.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 08:04 PM
    You can also define custom view in the Contacts app if that helps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 08:05 PM
    Deleting the contacts in gmail really isn't an option.

Is it possible to set up the phone without the google account? if i recall i tried to hold off originally logging into google without success.
    11-15-15 10:33 PM
    Are you not able to go into Gmail settings and untick the sync contacts off?
    11-15-15 10:35 PM
    Are you not able to go into Gmail settings and untick the sync contacts off?
    That was my first attempt but it stops future syncing doesn't get rid of the contacts.
    11-15-15 11:00 PM
    Deleting the contacts in gmail really isn't an option.

Is it possible to set up the phone without the google account? if i recall i tried to hold off originally logging into google without success.
    Yes, you should be able to set up without an account. There should be a small "skip" button at that stage of setup

Posted via my  Z30 running 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    11-16-15 05:07 AM
    I would suggest getting a Gmail account just for managing your phone and apps. There are other problems with androids when you use a working gmail account as your android Device account. You can always add your mail gmail account later as an normal email account.
    11-16-15 06:55 AM