I could've sworn there was a way using the physical keyboard gestures to sort of say "No, thanks" to an autocorrect suggestion. Sometimes I'm trying to type an odd word and it will resort to the "press space to correct" function. If I'm not typing anymore, no problem; just hit send/input or even punctuation. If I want to have a space and type more words, it's going to make the "correction" even though I might not want it to. I don't want to turn the correction feature off, since it can be useful, but I want a way of rejecting the current suggestion. I thought it was a swipe-up gesture on the physical keyboard, but both that and swipe-right just accept the correction and change the word (like pressing space.) Swipe-left deletes it.

Am I crazy or is there a way to reject an auto correct suggestion and move on with the message?
    04-02-16 12:54 AM
    I am assuming you're using the virtual keyboard.
    The physical keyboard works a little differently as it doesn't enforces the autocorrection (or perhaps I'm much better with it)

The best way I've found is to just press Backspace once and it reverts the corrected word to the one typed. It just becomes a habit. I think this behaviour is similar to the autocorrection from legacy BlackBerry OS.

Note: There's a level of autocorrection in the Keyboard settings. I just found out my Physical Keyboard was set to "Weak" while Virtual Keyboard was on "Strong".

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    Jashn likes this.
    04-02-16 03:56 AM
    It's on both; it does enforce autocorrection (like changing **** to duck, for example) even on the physical keyboard.

It wouldn't be a huge deal but things like that break my stride and make the keyboard moot.
    04-02-16 06:28 PM
    Swipe up on the space bar.
    metastasis_d likes this.
    04-02-16 06:31 PM
    You know, that was the gesture I thought it was, then it didn't work, and now it does again. Maybe I just need to be better.
    04-02-16 07:05 PM
    Don't have Priv, but on Z30, to nullify an auto-correction after the word is already in the text box, Swipe Left and the AC'd word will revert to the word you typed.

Verizon Z30 STA 100-3 10.3.2.858
    otaku2 likes this.
    04-03-16 12:07 PM
    You can always add the word to dictionary!

Posted via CB10
    Jashn likes this.
    04-03-16 01:51 PM
    Don't have Priv, but on Z30, to nullify an auto-correction after the word is already in the text box, Swipe Left and the AC'd word will revert to the word you typed.

Verizon Z30 STA 100-3 10.3.2.858
    This also works.
    04-03-16 08:15 PM
    Just swipe up on the space bar
    04-04-16 07:35 PM
    Swipe up on the space bar.
    This exactly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-04-16 10:05 PM