Opening the Priv to change bettery, I broke the vol down button.
    Now, I've done some experiments, like from fastboot erasing system and other vital partitions... tiped fastboot reboot... now it just display LED colored in all ways..
    How can I reboot it to fastboot and run the autoloader??
    Maybe unplugging the battery and turn it on will take him to fastboot?
    Or I need to press the vol down button with a screw? What I can do?
    Damn me and my crazy ideas
    02-27-24 03:12 AM
    Now, I've done some experiments, like from fastboot erasing system and other vital partitions... tiped fastboot reboot... now it just display LED colored in all ways..
    How can I reboot it to fastboot and run the autoloader??
    Maybe unplugging the battery and turn it on will take him to fastboot?
    Or I need to press the vol down button with a screw? What I can do?
    Damn me and my crazy ideas
    The button is the only way.
    kayuz6 likes this.
    02-27-24 07:00 AM
    Get a replacement button?
    kayuz6 likes this.
    02-27-24 07:04 AM
    Yeah, the only way is to replace the flex for volumes and power button since they are all connected.. So will have to remove all screws and mother board and put the new flex for it... 18 euro from China :///
    02-27-24 08:17 AM
    Really need to consider if putting more money into a eight year old phone that's running an OS that isn't really supported anymore, with apps that aren't supported anymore.... is a wise decision.

I get the form factor is unique and your use to it. BUT IT IS NOT A DEVICE YOU CAN COUNT ON TO BE SAFE ONLINE WITH.
    02-27-24 09:17 AM
    BUT IT IS NOT A DEVICE YOU CAN COUNT ON TO BE SAFE ONLINE WITH.
    This forum needs to stop making this up. I use BBOS and Windows 7 daily, and I've never been hacked as I don't visit malicious sites.
    02-27-24 10:07 AM
    This forum needs to stop making this up. I use BBOS and Windows 7 daily, and I've never been hacked as I don't visit malicious sites.
    Some people don't wear seatbelts and don't get injured or killed in accidents. I'm not sure what your point is.

Android 6 has many thousands of published vulnerabilities, and it is simply common sense to suggest it may not be safe. A user can mitigate some exploits, but not nearly all of them.
    02-27-24 10:50 AM
    It's like 9 euros actually.
    Anyway it's pretty easy. I'll rip this flex and put a new one with new volumes and power terminals like.
    What to say, here in Italy I just cannot use the Bank app on the Priv, Poste works, Discord works, Facebook Lite, Firefox still gets updated.
    Yeah, I don't know for how long Android 6 will be supported, but for now it's doable. I know, the security is bad.
    But the form factor is great, and believe or not, the camera is impressive! I tested it against an Xperia 10 III, that's 2021 and like 200/300euros, well, Xperia has wider camera, but the quality is much better on Schneider's Priv!
    How to reboot to fastboot without vol down-priv-dentro.jpg
    02-28-24 03:20 AM
    This is exactly why I haven't done a replacement battery etc. Afraid I'd break somn else, and mines been thru a few drops ������
    03-03-24 02:51 PM
    The annoying part is to wait for replacement parts, from China, it takes a long time
    03-03-24 05:32 PM
    Nothing! I've replaced volumes and power button, but power does work, volumes nope.
    I've reassabled it again, keys clicks, everything is on place. But I can't access bootloader pressing vol down and power for 30sec
    any ideas??
    03-11-24 11:31 AM
    Nothing! I've replaced volumes and power button, but power does work, volumes nope.
    I've reassabled it again, keys clicks, everything is on place. But I can't access bootloader pressing vol down and power for 30sec
    any ideas??
    Disassemble and reassemble again.... look carefully at the connectors.

Might have gotten a bad replacement unit.... order another from a different vendor.

But it might be something on the main board.... so how much more do you want to spend?
    03-11-24 12:03 PM
    Mind that from the fastboot I typed something like erase boot.. It's not possible to delete the bootloader menu, right?
    I've done it again, nope. Everything seems working, the electricity pass correctly, but volumes aren't working. Or I don't since cannot boot the phone. Just you press the power button and it goes with multi color LEDs and that's all...

BB10 were unbrickable, they could be always rebooted pressing power for 10sec... Never bricked a BB10...
    03-11-24 08:11 PM
    Mind that from the fastboot I typed something like erase boot.. It's not possible to delete the bootloader menu, right?
    I've done it again, nope. Everything seems working, the electricity pass correctly, but volumes aren't working. Or I don't since cannot boot the phone. Just you press the power button and it goes with multi color LEDs and that's all...

BB10 were unbrickable, they could be always rebooted pressing power for 10sec... Never bricked a BB10...
    Who said it's bricked.... sounds more like bad hardware.
    kayuz6 likes this.
    03-12-24 06:58 AM
    It was kinda of bricked anyway. I made to fastboot by pressing middle vol button and power button, so the LED became blue. After that I ran from my PC like manual commands from the flash script found in Autoloaders. So all the list like flash modem, etc
    I was happy, because it succeed, but I saw a gray screen for a while, some green lines too... Hmmm let's do again an autoloader by, this time, vol down and power. Yeah, it went to bootloader, but I couldn't see anything. Ran tha autoloader anyway... Yes... the screen seems dead. All I can see are some random green lines and flickering, and then it start correctly. If I touch the screen, I hear sounds of buttons, but can't see anything. So, in short, the screen die. What do you think about it?
    03-13-24 12:42 PM
    It was kinda of bricked anyway. I made to fastboot by pressing middle vol button and power button, so the LED became blue. After that I ran from my PC like manual commands from the flash script found in Autoloaders. So all the list like flash modem, etc
    I was happy, because it succeed, but I saw a gray screen for a while, some green lines too... Hmmm let's do again an autoloader by, this time, vol down and power. Yeah, it went to bootloader, but I couldn't see anything. Ran tha autoloader anyway... Yes... the screen seems dead. All I can see are some random green lines and flickering, and then it start correctly. If I touch the screen, I hear sounds of buttons, but can't see anything. So, in short, the screen die. What do you think about it?
    Before you continue this part replacement journey, did this phone work before? Or you got it in this "state"?

If it was working, maybe when you opened it to replace the buttons or the battery... it caused the display connection to come loose?

If it's never worked.. sounds more like this phone got wet at some point and your wasting time replacing parts...
    03-13-24 01:47 PM
    Before it was perfectly working... And I am uploading a video about those connectors. They doesn't seems to come loose...
    03-13-24 05:32 PM