Many reviews say that the call quality is staticy. I think the speaker is terrible for music, but how is it for phone calls? There are conflicting opinions on the reception signal strength too.

Can actual owners chime in on these features and if they are good or bad? Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 12:30 AM
    Many reviews say that the call quality is staticy. I think the speaker is terrible for music, but how is it for phone calls? There are conflicting opinions on the reception signal strength too.

Can actual owners chime in on these features and if they are good or bad? Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    There's a thread going on right now about how, no matter the carrier, it seems the Priv shows fewer bars than many of our previous devices (while having the same dB signal). So Blackberry's algorithm for cellular signal is a little different in displaying. Signal has been fine for me if i don't pay attention to the lower-than-usual bars; I've no dropped calls or any issues with it.

The sound is fantastic; I can hear the other voice super clearly. Granted, I have the AT&T version which comes with that option in the settings for "HD LTE Voice" or whatever, and it is checked. I've been meaning to turn it off and see if I can hear any difference.

The front speaker is surprisingly good. It's no HTC stereo Boomsound, of course. But compared to any phone with a speaker on the back or the bottom of the phone, this is heaps better. It disappointed me when I read about there only being one speaker, despite the trick of looking like a giant speaker (or two speakers on either side). There's only a speaker on the left side. Just like LG duped us with the original Nexus 5. But, again, the speaker sounds pretty good for what it is. Not tinny to me, and plenty of volume.
    12-31-15 12:50 AM
    I have been pretty impressed with the call quality. Better call reception and signal than my z30. Speaker phone decent as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BlackBerry PRIV
    12-31-15 03:14 AM