I'm using a Note 5 through a Samsung promotion for a bit and performance is very good on it, coming from a Z30. I'm waiting for a price drop of my the Priv, but I'm just wondering how the performance is on your Priv? Any lag, app reloads, dropped apps?
    12-13-15 09:54 PM
    From a fellow note 5 user... Maybe Mr Williams can tell us...
    12-13-15 09:55 PM
    It's definitely not as snappy as my Nexus 6P or the iPhone 6S plus. But I had the EDGE+ before and I think it's very comparable to that one. So it'll be similar to what you have now. From my short experience with the device, there isn't any major lag, but scrolling in some apps isn't as smooth as on the Nexus and sometimes it takes a while for apps to open. The only app is that seems too slow for me is the Hub, really.
    12-14-15 12:00 AM
    I'm coming from a Z30 also. Overall the performance is very good in my estimation. It's true, there is a tiny lag refreshing messages when you open the hub, though I really only find that to be true if I haven't opened it for a while and it needs to catch up. I've had a couple of apps crash on first use but never again since then. The very hot back issue has been documented and has happened to me as well and there are a few other irritants but I'll focus on your performance questions... I'd say you'd be very pleased with performance coming from a Z30. I'm not in a position to compare it to another Android but certainly I find the phone calling, the GPS mapping, voice assistant and even the Web page loading and searching much faster than the Z, which to me is a fair trade for waiting a half second for the hub. The stupidest thing is the inability to multitask properly, unless using specific Google Apps or digging up workarounds from the Play Store. Your Z30 puts it to shame in that regard... but I guess that's just Android.

Posted on my Android M Priv Silver Edition
    12-14-15 02:12 AM
    Overall performance after about a month is bad. It's quite slow and very buggy. The hub is just plain slow. The performance goes down so does multitasking. It sucks really

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-14-15 02:55 AM
    Coming from an iPhone 6, there are a few things I miss but smooth transitions are not one of them. Have had the priv since the first week it was available and , with the exception of the hub as mentioned earlier, the os is buttery smooth

12-14-15 03:33 AM
    I feel the performance is on par with my Note 5 and the Hub is laggy and has to catch up at times, but I feel with timely updates, the device will be on par with what's currently out there.

I still say they overpriced the Priv and if the device would have come in at 549.00 US, you would have less complaining and folks would be more receptive to some glitches and bugs then they are when paying 699.00 plus tax. Just my two cents worth.
    12-14-15 04:21 AM
    Excellent performance for me. Speedy and snappy especially after I tweaked a few settings through developer tools.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    12-14-15 04:36 AM
    Excellent performance for me. Speedy and snappy especially after I tweaked a few settings through developer tools.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    I am curious what settings did you tweak?

12-14-15 04:52 AM
    I am curious what settings did you tweak?

Probably the animations settings

12-14-15 12:42 PM
    Interesting to see the performance varying from bad to excellent. Mine has also been excellent.

12-14-15 01:06 PM
    I feel like the STV100-1 tend to run the smoothest from what people have been saying.
    12-14-15 01:36 PM
    So the consensus seems that it runs very well, except for the Hub, hopefully the update today helps. So no one has issues with apps refreshing or dropped in the background?
    12-14-15 01:52 PM
    So the consensus seems that it runs very well, except for the Hub, hopefully the update today helps. So no one has issues with apps refreshing or dropped in the background?
    Not once for me. Also, it's noticeably faster than my wife's top line Motorola also on the same version of lollipop. My hub has also been good after I did an initial factory reset. Don't use the transfer tool unless you follow the instructions posted in the forums.

Posted from my Priv
    12-14-15 02:19 PM
    Zero performance complaints here...

12-14-15 07:43 PM
    Absolutely loving the new OS and apps on the Priv.

Since the OS update last week it hasn't had any error popups, and doesn't run as hot. Battery life was still random though - 5hrs SOT one day, 3.5 another with the same use. With todays full round of app updates to things like BB Services and the Hub it is finally how it should have been at launch...

Battery life is much improved (~2hrs SOT in I was still at 67% battery, usually I am 45-50% by then), camera is WAY faster especially in HDR mode, Universal Search from wallpaper is nearly instant, texts and emails are now instant in my hub which used to be delayed and cause sync issues, and my Fiance is thrilled that the keyboard can now do spelling and suggestions in multiple languages at the same time like the BB10 keyboard did. Misc updates to Notes, Calender, Contacts, and Remember as well but I haven't gotten to into them yet.

Now the only thing on my list is an integrated SMS app in hub so I can respond right from Hub without having to launch another app.

Kudo's to the BB team, I am very happy.
    Marauder2 likes this.
    12-14-15 08:31 PM