I thought I'd be forever happy with the 9900

UNTIL WhatsApp became a MUST for me

Thought I'd always be happy with my Z30

UNTIL it was announced that it'll no longer be supported on BB10

Thought I'd always be happy with my PRIV

BUT I'm already thinking about the upcoming Mercury even though I can already run all required apps!

Is there a fix to end this vicious circle once and for all.
    09-30-16 01:57 PM
    For some of us, it's just not possible. My wife is just now thinking of changing from her beloved 9800. At the opposite end of the scale, I want all the flagship models when they come out. Smh at me.
    09-30-16 02:21 PM
    I thought I'd be forever happy with the 9900

UNTIL WhatsApp became a MUST for me

Thought I'd always be happy with my Z30

UNTIL it was announced that it'll no longer be supported on BB10

Thought I'd always be happy with my PRIV

BUT I'm already thinking about the upcoming Mercury even though I can already run all required apps!

Is there a fix to end this vicious circle once and for all.
    I caught the same incurable disease back when the 9800 was released. It is called BlackBerrious technitius. Symptoms are as you describe: enjoyment of your present BlackBerry but a continual desire for the next one. Once you buy the newest one, this disease immediately causes the infected to search all the rumor threads for what the next BlackBerry device will offer.

There is also a compelling resistance to selling the old device(s) while holding on to the new and yearning for the next rumored one. Some call this hoarding. Those infected with BlackBerrious technitius call it "collecting".

Those infected will surreptitiously reach in to their collection and are known to "lovingly caress" them. Those not so affected who witness this unusual behavior say it looks more like fondling.

Sorry to give you the bad news. As I said earlier, it is incurable.
    FF22, NightFire and andy957 like this.
    09-30-16 02:55 PM
    Just get the flagship phone from a smartphone company that doesn't update more than once a year. Then you always have the top of the line and you will never covet other devices. The best part of the iPhone is that you only have to wait a few weeks after the announcement to get the new model and you will be among the first to get one.

PS - Now that Blackberry isn't making smartphones anymore, shouldn't it be OK to recommend other brands?
    Last edited by early2bed; 09-30-16 at 03:25 PM.
    09-30-16 02:59 PM
    Here's some quotes I found online that are helping a bit:
    -A person with a solid inner world won't obsess over buying things OR forsake the objects she owns (Am I ready to forsake my PRIV *gasp*, I need a stronger inner world)
    -Go on a low info diet (hard with CB)
    -all you need is food and clothes (I got that so the PRIV is an extra...)
    -sit on decisions (must stick with my PRIV until it dies...)
    -When you get that urge to consume, ask yourself "What void am I trying to fill? (A potentially better PKB )"/"What personal problem am I trying to fix" (having the best BB ever)
    -Put your money into savings or retirement account as soon as you get it (so I won't have money to burn on a Mercury...)
    -Only buy good quality stuff to buy less often (PRIV is HQ)
    -Does my phone do everything I want it to do? (Yes)
    -Appreciate what you have (must appreciate my PRIV)
    -consumerism:going beyond what is needed for fancier technology that promises happiness but never delivers (true...)
    -intentional rejection of excessive consumption opens the door to contentment, less need to keep up with evolving trends & less life caring for possessions (don't need to keep up, I have all the apps I use....)
    -fulfillment & happiness is not on sale (Mercury will not solve the problem)
    -True life is found in the invisible things of life: love, hope, and faith. (my phone is pretty visible lol)
    -A one year old flagship is the best mid range phone (that's what the PRIV is)
    Last edited by Villard Defender; 09-30-16 at 03:49 PM.
    FF22, bluesqueen23 and NightFire like this.
    09-30-16 03:15 PM
    Just get the flagship phone
    I like that! -> -Only buy good quality stuff to buy less often
    Last edited by Villard Defender; 09-30-16 at 03:43 PM.
    09-30-16 03:16 PM
    By checking my keyboard statistics, I've realized that I do use the VKB more than I thought so the PRIV is the perfect device for me in the end cuz I need the best of both worlds

How to not covet other devices-screenshot_20161002-021620.jpg
    10-02-16 01:19 AM
    That's how I ended up buying the Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, Classic, and now DTEK50. Even though the Z10 was plenty good for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-02-16 02:21 AM
    My same cross to bear. I just bought a new Priv the other week, but I'm still lusting for a passport. Still have a Q10 bought new months back. Where is reason....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-02-16 02:23 AM
    I can't tell YOU how to feel. That would be inappropriate. All I can say, with all truthfulness, is how I feel.

Never apologize for that. We all have different feelings, emotions, about things. Accept who you are and what you want.

I bought a Priv to support BlackBerry. It took a few months before I adapted, but it opened up a world into things that maybe I was missing and didn't realize. Not to detract from any previous BlackBerry offering, I just discovered something new.

I cannot sit at my computer as long as I would like, from past injuries. It is pleasant to regain some of those things back from merely using my phone. Yes, my device is mainly for business, but at the same time, it is nice to unwind with a little strategic game play. It calms my nerves considerably.

But whatever makes you happy, that's what counts.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 and FF22 like this.
    10-02-16 02:28 AM