$549usd MAX in Black & White
    $649usd MAX in RED
    $849usd MAX in GOLD & Silver
    $10,049usd MAX in a solid Gold Bar
    03-12-15 10:35 PM
    I don't think I'm going to pay much for another BlackBerry device, I spent 600 usd on this Q10 that developed the double typing issue and BlackBerry 's support didn't even attempt to fix the inconvenience. I won't say that I'm not totally tempted to buy the slider but I might just wait until its price goes down a bit or go down the android route while BlackBerry releases a high end touch device.

Posted via CB10
    Same here!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 10:52 PM
    Hmm, would be willing to put down..
    $599 or $649 but it has to be awesome.

I would possibly wait 18 months after it launched to purchase. Hoping for a $349 or $399

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    04-30-15 07:48 AM
    I'm waiting for a mediocre $2000 phone so that I will be able to brag to everyone that my phone is more expensive than their phone...
    04-30-15 07:53 AM
    If it has great specs and a touch enabled keyboard I would pay up to 699 without great specs I won't buy it and without a touch enabled keyboard I would go up to 599-649

 ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.1448 
    04-30-15 07:55 AM
    Why is everyone too much in to specs? The infamous IPhone has just 1 GB of RAM and it works exceptionally well. With the android phones, they need all that to run their bloatware at the back end and also keep the phone fast. While it makes sense for android to all this, it isn't required for BlackBerry.

Honestly if the OS is optimized, there isn't much to worry about RAM or whatever.

I believe BlackBerry is still doing it bcoz they don't want to look outdated compared to android.

People who had seen my passport are so judgemental. When it says BlackBerry, nooo it can't be good. I had the same thought till I got my Z30. God...

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    05-07-15 11:27 PM
    Why is everyone too much in to specs? The infamous IPhone has just 1 GB of RAM and it works exceptionally well. With the android phones, they need all that to run their bloatware at the back end and also keep the phone fast. While it makes sense for android to all this, it isn't required for BlackBerry.

Honestly if the OS is optimized, there isn't much to worry about RAM or whatever.

I believe BlackBerry is still doing it bcoz they don't want to look outdated compared to android.

People who had seen my passport are so judgemental. When it says BlackBerry, nooo it can't be good. I had the same thought till I got my Z30. God...

I agree except for just a few small issues. The constant browser reloads and the app refreshes. The RAM seems to limit the iPhones ability to keep a program infinitely in the background. Which isn't usually a problem but if I'm filling out info or reading manga, it can get a little irritating.

My Note 3 still has a page from a manga I've been reading open from months ago. It's quite incredible. Though I believe when I had my Z10 and Z30 they'd do the same thing too. It's definitely nice to not have the reloads.
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-08-15 12:43 AM
    If it has flagship specs, $700.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 10:09 AM
    I'll pay anything, really. I've had a lot of time to save up because the last phone I got was the Q10 back in June of 2013.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-08-15 01:10 PM
    I'll pay anything, really. I've had a lot of time to save up because the last phone I got was the Q10 back in June of 2013.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Apple would love you as a customer, they rely on you to keep their business going :P lol

05-08-15 02:09 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Apple would love you as a customer, they rely on you to keep their business going :P lol

Apple already has many such customers.. Blackberry needs to bring them over to the BlackBerry world!!! Lol

Will happen slowly once apple consumers stop drinking the Apple cool aide? Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 05:23 PM
    I'm hoping the bb10 software will be top notch when this slider is released or no matter the price it will be overpriced.

BlackBerry needs to be very competitive right now so I'm thinking around $650.00 outright and $250.00 on contract.

I'm still a little disappointed that I spent $600.00 on the Q10 with 10.1 os...I should have waited for the Classic but oh well, with that said BlackBerry needs to bring it and amaze us like never before.

Posted via CB10
    I also paid a high amount for the Q10. I paid $395 (tax included) on a two year agreement with Fido on release on May 5th, 2013.

Thinking back, this phone lasted two years, not a single issue, not a single thing replaced, nothing. It's still going strong. I'm waiting for a new BlackBerry phone to upgrade to. I don't like the passport keyboard and the classic is not an 'upgrade'.

But I think BlackBerry phones last well. Even though we paid $400-$600 while they were on 10.1, it's not like they were left at 10.1. I've been able to see every iteration from 10.1-10.3.1- it's crazy.

I think BlackBerry will continue supporting this phone until 10.4+ (considering the Leap just came out, EoL should be around two years and since it shares specs with the Q10, this phone will last forever, lol!)

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    05-09-15 11:26 PM

Yea and the iphone has one of the most powerful and fastest processors, one of the best cameras second to the s6. Not to mention apple products have been known to be very efficient. Maybe if you actually know about how them you'd know.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 06:19 PM

Will happen slowly once apple consumers stop drinking the Apple cool aide? Lol

Posted via CB10
    You mean quit drinking that Apple Juice?
    05-11-15 05:37 PM
    $650 cad

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 09:34 PM
    I would probably pay any amount they would realistically charge. I wouldn't be happy of it was $1000 but i'd pay it.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 07:00 AM
    Paid:
    Z10 - $550 within the first month because I cracked the glass on the work one within two weeks and didn't want to tell the boss
    Z30 - $399 within the first year because of non-removable battery and screen size was the only upgrade desired
    Passport - $599 within the first day due to the hype and all that I read on here
    Slider - willingly anything < $600, length of time depending on specific info given before release date

If the slider comes with Z10 or Z30 comparable specs, I may have to wait a while before I can convince myself to get it (when price matches perceived value). If it comes out with at least Passport comparable specs, it won't take as long to convince myself. Price willing to be paid will depend on what comes with the slider, but the only upgrade desired from Passport to Slider is the sliding keyboard. Still, my max is $600, but will happily accept any US discounts BBRY wants to throw this way again.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    05-18-15 11:41 AM

Ha! What I meant to say is I'll pay anything reasonable... Nothing over $700. I suspect the slider will cost more because of the building costs (slider functionality+curved screen+physical keyboard=EXPENSIVE!), so I'm willing to dish out a bit more dough.
    05-18-15 06:11 PM
    If it has comparable specs to the Galaxy S6 Edge, then it would justify S6 Edge pricing. $300 on contract. $700 full price.
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-18-15 10:16 PM
    It would price above passport. It might be above 700.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-29-15 12:00 PM
    I'm waiting for a mediocre $2000 phone so that I will be able to brag to everyone that my phone is more expensive than their phone...
    *Cough*
    *cough*
    *cough*
    *Cough-Porsche-cough-Design-Cough*
    *Cough*

Ahem. Sorry, had to clear my throat.
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-04-15 at 10:03 PM.
    jmr1015 and needforbbx like this.
    06-04-15 08:45 PM
    The Samsung galaxy edge is $800+ ($899 CDN / $829 USD). On a two year contract it's almost $400 CDN. That phone comes with one curved edge.

So add two curved edges and a keyboard and its not going to get much cheaper. I guess if the phone is released by the summer or later, prices for the tech could drop - but still this is going to be one of the more expensive phones on the market.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has a dual curved edge screen. Maybe you meant the Galaxy Note Edge, which does have a single curved edge.

My current hunch is that if this phone makes it to market looking anything like the teased demo at MWC, it will literally be the same display as S6 Edge, supplied to BBRY by Samsung.
    06-04-15 08:49 PM
    I also paid a high amount for the Q10. I paid $395 (tax included) on a two year agreement with Fido on release on May 5th, 2013.

Thinking back, this phone lasted two years, not a single issue, not a single thing replaced, nothing. It's still going strong. I'm waiting for a new BlackBerry phone to upgrade to. I don't like the passport keyboard and the classic is not an 'upgrade'.

But I think BlackBerry phones last well. Even though we paid $400-$600 while they were on 10.1, it's not like they were left at 10.1. I've been able to see every iteration from 10.1-10.3.1- it's crazy.

I think BlackBerry will continue supporting this phone until 10.4+ (considering the Leap just came out, EoL should be around two years and since it shares specs with the Q10, this phone will last forever, lol!)

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    Bingo. No other platform does this for their customers. While the Q10 /Z10 may have outdated specs, new releases share those same specs and are fully supported. Its looking like the entire line of BB10 will be supported for a long time. Well for as long as BlackBerry is around to support it. Apple and Android don't do that. They find ways to exploit their installed user base.

BlackBerry is filling a low cost niche with reliable hardware that is well supported. Supported to the best of BlackBerry's ability. There are a lot of people that want reliable phones that will last them 3-5 years. BlackBerry has that image. Hopefully the increased exposure of affordable BB10 will help people stumble onto the platform. Thats how it happened for me.

I do hope the Slider comes out with great specs though. A Leap with slide out keyboard would be disappointing and would not value more than $350 from me. Samsung Galaxy level hardware and touch enabled keyboard? $600 seems like a decent value.

 Q10 on 10.3.1.2582 
    06-04-15 10:00 PM
    I don't think I'm going to pay much for another BlackBerry device, I spent 600 usd on this Q10 that developed the double typing issue and BlackBerry 's support didn't even attempt to fix the inconvenience. I won't say that I'm not totally tempted to buy the slider but I might just wait until its price goes down a bit or go down the android route while BlackBerry releases a high end touch device.

Posted via CB10
    Dont ever be a first adopter of any mobile device. That's is my one and only thought when it comes to smartphone purchase

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 11:31 PM
    While I guess this phone will probably fall under the flagship line-up, much like the Z30 and Passport, the physical QWERTY keyboard is a no go for me. Never been too keen on flip phones or sliders.

I was willing to spend the money on the Z10, because that was my first full touch device (I would have wanted for buy the Z30 but BlackBerry in all their wisdom decided to launch it later in 2013). And I had a good 2 years with it.

Now I've opted to go with the Leap and so far so good. Don't regret it.

It's good value for the level of phone it is and for its target audience.

Of course I will definitely check it out, after all I dig BlackBerry, thus the reason I've stuck with them over the past four years. But not a viable option for me.

Now if they come out with another full touch flagship device to replace the Z30...and I have enough money...maybe, after the Leap gives me a good run, I might consider replacing it.

But that is down the line...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    06-05-15 12:38 PM
77 1234