While I won't give up on my PP SE, I did buy a NOS Priv recently on ebay. I had expressed my interest in the Priv that eventually Chuck bought here, but I wasn't lucky. Anyway, I paid around 150 euros for this new old stock Priv, and according to what most of you say, this is a lot of money for this device today. However, I am not convinced this is the case really....just check not only ebay, but amazon as well and you will see a different story. So, why did I buy this phone in 2020? Well, I have always liked it a lot more than the Key series phones, it is the last real Blackberry phone and even at 150 euros is way cheaper than any Key2 device currently. At the same time, both phones are on an outdated Android OS, so no big deal if it's 6 or 8; for me at least. What I am trying to say is that while prices can be very relevant, there's no way one can actually find and buy a decent Priv for 25 or 50 dollars. The exception here just validates my line of thinking.
    I bought one off ebay for 70 dollars canadian and I am loving it. SO much so I sold my blackberry keyone black edition for 350 dollars today and I do not miss it at all
    Well @saint300 has forgiven me, but $70 CAD is good enough deal. I’m surprised that someone paid $350 CAD for BE KEYone but congratulations on that.
    11-26-20 09:46 PM
    Well @saint300 has forgiven me, but $70 CAD is good enough deal. I’m surprised that someone paid $350 CAD for BE KEYone but congratulations on that.
    I got lucky because the guy was coming from the blackberry classic and new very little about blackberry which i found strange. He thought the keyone ran bb10. I told him it ran android. I think he just looked at how ridiculous some of the prices are online for keyones in perfect condition and my price looked like a steal to him.
    11-27-20 09:01 AM
    Anyone know if the Priv would charge in this classic sync pod? My understanding is they have the same charging wire. So this should work right?

Here is the link

https://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-ACC...UvbUpU13559918
    11-27-20 09:06 AM
    Anyone know if the Priv would charge in this classic sync pod? My understanding is they have the same charging wire. So this should work right?

Here is the link

https://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-ACC...UvbUpU13559919
    The issue is specific spacing. The Classic's depth and micro USB placement is what that sync pod is designed for. You might luck out. I remember the Z30 would fit in either the Passport Sync Pod or the Classic Sync Pod.
    11-27-20 09:12 AM
    Using my priv still as a daily driver. And it stilll Works perfect

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) and Exedorable like this.
    12-05-20 06:04 PM
    I will never give up my Priv. I even have a torch laying around, somewhere. But this, despite its many (many) flaws, has been my fav phone of all time. I'm also genuinely curious to find out when it'll stop turning heads hehe
    02-07-21 02:00 AM
    I will never give up my Priv. I even have a torch laying around, somewhere. But this, despite its many (many) flaws, has been my fav phone of all time. I'm also genuinely curious to find out when it'll stop turning heads hehe
    As long as you're not worried about its 1,800 published vulnerabilities - of which over 200 are denoted as critical.
    02-07-21 07:36 AM
    I fired up my PRIV from my coffee table collection and the operating lag along with running warm has really limited any reasonable usage. Literally while running Google Play Store app updates, temperature warning came on.

Keep in mind, this is my FU PRIV, not the AT&T PRIV I used and sits in my garage storage collection, so it has never been loaded up for daily usage. I have a TMO SIM that I didn’t even bother testing any further with. The Motion and BE KEYone are still running awesome if only for the Android OS version being antiquated from my security perspective.
    Exedorable likes this.
    02-07-21 10:29 AM
    I've kept my Priv like I keep all my old phones, except the flip ones and feature phones. I like to fire them up from time to time and reminisce. They'll get recycled one day. . .
    02-07-21 03:39 PM
    As long as you're not worried
    Well, on the security side I don't visit too many of *those* websites if y'know what I mean. And in general I just don't have that much money laying around to be stolen hehe.

It's the lag and battery issues that are a daily struggle, but tbh like w/ most things you just love too much - you look past a ton of the drawbacks for those couple things that make it so unique.
    Last edited by Exedorable; 02-09-21 at 12:34 AM.
    gebco likes this.
    02-08-21 07:28 PM
60 123