Don’t be a hater ;-D

If you’re enjoying the phone it’s all that matters....
    No, no! After all, I knew from the start it would be easier for the seller to send it to the US rather than to Greece. All's good!! And yes, so far I am enjoying the phone and still learning how to maybe improve some aspects of it.
    09-13-20 10:21 AM
    No, no! After all, I knew from the start it would be easier for the seller to send it to the US rather than to Greece. All's good!! And yes, so far I am enjoying the phone and still learning how to maybe improve some aspects of it.
    I’m sure you know I was joking with you
    saint300 likes this.
    09-13-20 10:32 AM
    I tried to sell priv, playbook and a few others. Only person that wanted it, wanted to come very late at night and wouldn't wait until the next day. So I still have it
    09-13-20 02:09 PM
    Bold 9780, Z10, Playbook, Z30, Priv, still have them in a drawer, together with a Nokia 3310 and my first phone 😁
    09-13-20 04:31 PM
    I tried to sell priv, playbook and a few others. Only person that wanted it, wanted to come very late at night and wouldn't wait until the next day. So I still have it
    Do you really think I only was looking for more BlackBerry stuff? LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-13-20 05:35 PM
    Do you really think I only was looking for more BlackBerry stuff? LOL

Posted via CB10
    lol ... I should've know lol ... was in pj's. If I knew it was you, my answer would have been different
    09-13-20 05:56 PM
    lol ... I should've know lol ... was in pj's. If I knew it was you, my answer would have been different
    Yes!!!!!!!

Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 09-14-20 at 11:28 AM.
    09-14-20 08:29 AM
    Yes!!!!!!!
    Yes... i would have answered, to chop you up
    09-14-20 12:46 PM
    Lots of good condition Priv sell for 100+ on eBay Canada. I just ordered a new digitizer for mine as I have a black cancer dot and white line too. I have a key 1 for the heavy lifting but the Privs awsome screen and 18 pixel camera will be useful for some time to me.
    Last edited by Terry Zanger; 09-15-20 at 10:39 PM.
    09-15-20 09:50 PM
    If you want to own a BlackBerry collection for your own enjoyment... that's fine. But holding onto electronic devices in the hopes that one day they'll really be collectible. Maybe if it's NIB.... and you have twenty-five years to wait.
    I'm with you. If someone has an old device that they used or if they come across one for crumbs, sure. But things like cell phones obtain just about all of their value through utility. Unless it is functional it is pretty much a paperweight. Storing batteries for decades also is problematic.
    09-18-20 05:52 PM
    the charge USB connection block on the motherboard melts even after R&R of motherboard and connector, lasted a week... bit I LOVE the phone so much... I wish OM could be massaged into making one all sniffed up, to satisfy the slab as well as PKB crowd (covering the dozens who will buy it)
    09-30-20 10:58 AM
    Masked men abound these days
    09-30-20 10:59 AM
    I just recently bought a Priv for $40 for the experience of owning one and for my collection.
    It was a little disappointing to use

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-02-20 06:29 PM
    I just recently bought a Priv for $40 for the experience of owning one and for my collection.
    It was a little disappointing to use

Posted via CB10
    Can you be more specific both from hardware and software perspective?
    10-02-20 06:53 PM
    The keyboard is not enjoyable to use, and it is super slow. I have disabled all not needed applications and it's still slow.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-20 06:58 PM
    The keyboard is not enjoyable to use, and it is super slow. I have disabled all not needed applications and it's still slow.

Posted via CB10
    I’m sorry that you’re part of the science experiment that we’ve debated elsewhere.

The combo VKB/PKB seems like the greatest idea on paper or in theory...

What is the not enjoyable part and given choice of PKB or slider for the new OM BB licensed device, your choice having used PRIV now?
    10-02-20 07:06 PM
    I’m sorry that you’re part of the science experiment that we’ve debated elsewhere.

The combo VKB/PKB seems like the greatest idea on paper or in theory...

What is the not enjoyable part and given choice of PKB or slider for the new OM BB licensed device, your choice having used PRIV now?

The slider idea idea isn't too bad, I was just expecting something different I know it's an old device. My kids love the idea of the slide, especially my daughter who has been using the PRIV a lot recently

I'd rather have a Passport form factor

Posted via CB10
    10-02-20 07:18 PM
    The slider idea idea isn't too bad, I was just expecting something different I know it's an old device. My kids love the idea of the slide, especially my daughter who has been using the PRIV a lot recently

Posted via CB10
    Interesting to know.

Now let’s say Passport form is off table, for arguments sake, not debating Passport merits...

Key or modern PRIV device? Which honestly running Android 11 gets your actual cash and you keep 24 months
    10-02-20 07:24 PM
    I happen to have a different experience with the Priv so far....well, only in my first month of ownership, but still....

I still favor my PP SE more, but the Priv was (and still is) a very nice surprise indeed!

I bought a NOS device, the STV100-4 version actually, and after fiddling with some settings, I can honestly say I am very happy with the phone, even on Android 6; actually I do like this Android version, coupled with Blackberry's own tweaks. I just love the form factor, and although the PKB at first seems not very friendly, truth is it's great! Not as good as Passport's (but then again, nothing will be as good as that keyboard), but really excellent, and more enjoyable than the VKB (although that one is still miles away from any other VKB really!). The phone does become warm at times, but usually it runs cool. Some other times, but not that often, it becomes hot, mainly when I run some updates, but on the whole everything is just OK! Now, battery life, is not anywhere near the horror stories we have read, and it will get me through the day, which is just fine with me. I have also bought a compatible fast charger, and I can have the phone good to go in less than an hour. So far, all's good. Oh! And that display is just awesome!
    the_boon likes this.
    10-03-20 12:03 PM
    I happen to have a different experience with the Priv so far....well, only in my first month of ownership, but still....

I still favor my PP SE more, but the Priv was (and still is) a very nice surprise indeed!

I bought a NOS device, the STV100-4 version actually, and after fiddling with some settings, I can honestly say I am very happy with the phone, even on Android 6; actually I do like this Android version, coupled with Blackberry's own tweaks. I just love the form factor, and although the PKB at first seems not very friendly, truth is it's great! Not as good as Passport's (but then again, nothing will be as good as that keyboard), but really excellent, and more enjoyable than the VKB (although that one is still miles away from any other VKB really!). The phone does become warm at times, but usually it runs cool. Some other times, but not that often, it becomes hot, mainly when I run some updates, but on the whole everything is just OK! Now, battery life, is not anywhere the horror stories we have read, and it will get me through the day, which is just fine with me. I have also bought a compatible fast charger, and I can have the phone good to go in less than an hour. So far, so good. Oh! And that display is just awesome!
    I own two PRIV and have awful battery life with both. How many apps do you have installed?
    10-03-20 12:06 PM
    I own two PRIV and have awful battery life with both. How many apps do you have installed?
    Not many. Mainly messaging apps, like Whatsapp, viber and FB messenger, I also got rid of the FB app and installed FB Lite, and I also have Spotify, and that's all really, I think. I have also turned off location and I have all around dark theme..I don't even use Google, and have installed Google Go, which is much better....I have also done other little things here and there, but I have left all Blackberry apps working and it seems all's well for now at least.
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    10-03-20 12:12 PM
    Not many. Mainly messaging apps, like Whatsapp, viber and FB messenger, I also got rid of the FB app and installed FB Lite, and I also have Spotify, and that's all really, I think. I have also turned off location and I have all around dark theme..I don't even use Google, and have installed Google Go, which is much better....I have also done other little things here and there, but I have left all Blackberry apps working and it seems all's well for now at least.
    Sounds like you have done some of the @the_boon modifications.

I only turn off location. For me, it's just a hobby piece on coffee table. I enjoyed as first BlackBerry Android hardware poorly optimized due to BlackBerry inexperienced development. It was fun watching the improvements from PRIV to DTEK to BBMo hardware.
    saint300 likes this.
    10-03-20 12:42 PM
    Yes Privs camera is amazing
    10-05-20 02:17 AM

If you don't mind my asking, how old are your kids? And would they be interested in buying a new PRIV-like phone if it came to the market?
    10-06-20 06:17 AM
    While I won't give up on my PP SE, I did buy a NOS Priv recently on ebay. I had expressed my interest in the Priv that eventually Chuck bought here, but I wasn't lucky. Anyway, I paid around 150 euros for this new old stock Priv, and according to what most of you say, this is a lot of money for this device today. However, I am not convinced this is the case really....just check not only ebay, but amazon as well and you will see a different story. So, why did I buy this phone in 2020? Well, I have always liked it a lot more than the Key series phones, it is the last real Blackberry phone and even at 150 euros is way cheaper than any Key2 device currently. At the same time, both phones are on an outdated Android OS, so no big deal if it's 6 or 8; for me at least. What I am trying to say is that while prices can be very relevant, there's no way one can actually find and buy a decent Priv for 25 or 50 dollars. The exception here just validates my line of thinking.
    I bought one off ebay for 70 dollars canadian and I am loving it. SO much so I sold my blackberry keyone black edition for 350 dollars today and I do not miss it at all
    11-26-20 08:38 PM
60 123