11-13-15 03:32 PM
215 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Not sure about opening weekend but I'm going to hope for 500K for November.
    11-05-15 11:50 AM
    Agreed. I guarantee I will not buy the priv. I posted immediately after seeing it, and I don't think I'm alone on that one.

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-05-15 12:21 PM
    i just googles the Priv, and quite few articles were talking about the Kardashians and their BBrrys ..so not bad after all...exposure will help.
    11-05-15 12:29 PM
    ...and it isn't designed for consumers as it has a high price and some security that they don't care about. It's a phone designed to fail.
    You could be describing the iPhone...
    11-05-15 12:36 PM
    All these lipstick on a pig comments :/ Come on guys blackberry isn't so completely despised that Android can't fix it. Give them a chance. BB has sucked hard for a very long time but I think Android is enough to turn it around.
    Last edited by Combat_Wombat; 11-05-15 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling lolz
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    11-05-15 12:54 PM
    ONE MILLION DOLLARS! (in Dr. Evil 's chanting voice)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-05-15 01:22 PM
    blackberry is coming out with a new phone ? the only reason i know this is because of this site but as far as adverts go i have seen nothing outside of my home as far as this phone coming out. i live in nyc and i havent seen an ad on a subway a bus a billboard a commercial on tv nothing how do they expect word to get around
    andy957 likes this.
    11-05-15 02:03 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    andy957 likes this.
    11-05-15 02:07 PM
    11-05-15 02:13 PM
    Outside from those who read mobile technology blogs and websites, how many people worldwide are aware that the Priv actually exists? One million? Two million? Opening weekend sales will be good by BlackBerry standards, perhaps 300K, yet it will take awhile for sales to pick up.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-05-15 02:15 PM
    if i am not mistaken Chen said the goal was 5 million units a year from hardware, that doesn't mean it is the goal for the Priv over one weekend. BB will likely follow up with another device (of course depending on the success of the Priv), and still has time to for sales to pick up even if the first weekend is not a smash.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-05-15 02:23 PM
    More than 10?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-05-15 02:33 PM
    Well in the UK, the Carphone Warehouse is already out of stock based on pre-orders, so it's looking pretty good...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:38 PM
    Hard to predict opening weekend sales...50k?
    I'm more focused on availability in stores and rapid increase in buzz after launch.
    Chen would be foolish not to take some inventory risk right now.
    I really can't see how they won't sell over 5M yoy. That's right, I'm therefore predicting a SP double within 12 months.
    Time will tell, but I see BlackBerry all in on the Priv. Look at how many accessories are available right now compared to any other BB10 device. They've planned this launch, now they just have to execute.
    11-05-15 03:10 PM
    Any guesses to what this could possibly do? 200k? 500k? I'm guessing 1mill would be a gangbanging party

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Do you mean ordered or in-hand during the weekend? You are silly if you think one million units will be sold during the first weekend of availability. Has any BlackBerry smartphone or tablet achieved that milestone?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-05-15 03:38 PM
    I think it will 200K opening weekend but 1Mil by quarter end
    11-05-15 03:44 PM
    Same style of launch as the Passport. So expect the same type of numbers.
    theboogeyman likes this.
    11-05-15 03:45 PM
    The phone yes but I dont see blackberry all in on Android there is too much love out there for BB10 for them to just throw it away in the near future. Android is a great OS but in my opinion if there was a to get full blown google services on BB10 then we wouldn't need an Android OS
    11-05-15 03:46 PM
    10's of thousands and hopefully followed up with great reviews!

Posted via CB10
    I remember the same irrational exuberance about the BlackBerry PlayBook launch and look how it turned out. Not a good omen.
    11-05-15 03:46 PM
    So many negative haters here really really want this device to fail. Can't believe they call themselves "loyal".

Posted via CB10
    We have become jaded about BlackBerry. One can be loyal yet jaded.
    11-05-15 03:48 PM
    I remember the same irrational exuberance about the BlackBerry PlayBook launch and look how it turned out. Not a good omen.
    The playbook didnt have all the apps and easy to use button that android does. The only thing I can see people whining about are Fingerprint Sensor and 808 instead of 810.

This phone literally offers leagues more than the S6 or other top android phones.
    11-05-15 03:50 PM
    The playbook was a miss. Great tablet but just wasnt up to par with the likes of Apple and Android. I see the Priv doing over 100k opening weekend and surpass 1M by end of Q4.
    11-05-15 03:52 PM
    The playbook didnt have all the apps and easy to use button that android does. The only thing I can see people whining about are Fingerprint Sensor and 808 instead of 810.

This phone literally offers leagues more than the S6 or other top android phones.
    I completely agree. Well said my friend
    11-05-15 03:53 PM

I completely agree. Well said my friend
    11-05-15 03:53 PM
    Take that number with a grain of salt. They never elaborated on that figure
    Ah but they did - it was purchase orders so devices in the channel not devices in the hands of end users - which is why that that magical 200,000 figure need seemed to turn into massive sales because it never was to start with.
    11-05-15 03:56 PM
215 ... 45678 ...