Last blackberry that sold well was the 9900 and even that didn't save the company.
    All things being equal, I would still use a 9900 to this day. And it's not even the app issue, it's more the browser slowness in OS7 that was the killer. I love the keyboard on that phone, the look of the phone itself (a beauty!), and it was a solid piece of hardware. I think the Passport and Classic were not the successes they were meant to be. Unfortunate. I won't buy the Priv, even though I've bought almost every BB since the 7xxx series, because the one thing I wanted - a great PKB - is not there, it seems small, plastic-y and not the high quality of the 9900.
    11-07-15 07:08 PM
    All things being equal, I would still use a 9900 to this day. And it's not even the app issue, it's more the browser slowness in OS7 that was the killer. I love the keyboard on that phone, the look of the phone itself (a beauty!), and it was a solid piece of hardware. I think the Passport and Classic were not the successes they were meant to be. Unfortunate. I won't buy the Priv, even though I've bought almost every BB since the 7xxx series, because the one thing I wanted - a great PKB - is not there, it seems small, plastic-y and not the high quality of the 9900.
    The pkb is great, but the size of it will take time to adapt too. Easier then the passport out of box. The passport was a bit to stiff. The priv will be will be great in 9 days. I'm sure of that on day one!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 07:11 PM
    Wil we ever know for sure?

11-07-15 07:25 PM
    I repeat the backgrounder is great. Better then the bb10 version. Pkb is better and better by the message. I use the pkb 90% of the time. Day 1

11-07-15 07:57 PM
    On the battery, it's not the passport but decent life today. I'm about as heavy a user as there is, and I'm 10-12 hours day 1. No customization and display near full brightness.

***pkb has sym button to pull up numbers and symbols ***

11-07-15 08:00 PM
    ... which is why it's puzzling that some people here still think another BB10 high-end slab would actually make an impact to the level that's needed...
    That was before we knew that any new BB10 device probably would not have runtime.
    11-08-15 12:29 AM
    Definitely going to sell out. Eom

11-08-15 01:14 AM
    That was before we knew that any new BB10 device probably would not have runtime.
    I'm referring to the idea that a new BB10 high-end slab with the Android Runtime, instead of the PRIV, would have changed things.

To me, it's a huge shame if BB10 goes away since it's really matured. The situation is akin to a software project I know of that R&D spent a year rewriting, which made the software much better in terms of getting new updates, but the year long process halted any major updates and pissed off the users. Some of the users made the decision to go with commercial software which resulted in the software project losing a lot of funding.
    11-08-15 04:02 AM
    I think it is doing very well from our experience,

We are seeing far more customer buying Priv's compared to passports and classic's when they released

This will be good!
    11-08-15 04:03 AM
    Not much considering the device hasn't been released world wide. Still waiting for a definitive release date in France. Having zero marketing will not get you far. I'm sure they'll sell a lot more around the holidays.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:14 AM
    The number of devices supplied to the distribution chains is absolutely ridiculous... wonder how many have been produced in this first batch... but the product shortage is a sign of the lack of confidence of the company on their new smartphone. I would call this " The Playbook syndrome " as it seems everybody at Waterloo beginning with Mr Chen are afraid of repeating the inventory surplus experience they had with that nice but underdeveloped machine.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:33 AM
    The number of devices supplied to the distribution chains is absolutely ridiculous... wonder how many have been produced in this first batch... but the product shortage is a sign of the lack of confidence of the company on their new smartphone. I would call this " The Playbook syndrome " as it seems everybody at Waterloo beginning with Mr Chen are afraid of repeating the inventory surplus experience they had with that nice but underdeveloped machine.

Posted via CB10
    Everyone in business is afraid of excess inventory, see 1984. Having the right balance and being able to ramp up production is what matters. No sell out news yet. So ur point is moot

Mr4aces likes this.
    11-08-15 01:20 PM
    I would call this " The Playbook syndrome " as it seems everybody at Waterloo beginning with Mr Chen are afraid of repeating the inventory surplus experience they had with that nice but underdeveloped machine.
    ....or Z10.
    11-08-15 05:31 PM
    A. No one is buying BB10, regardless how great the HW and OS are.
    B. Not meant for everyone
    C. For now, T-Mobile in the next couple of weeks, CDMA version already confirmed by Verizon.
    11-09-15 02:34 PM
    Passport would have sold more (at least in the US) if it had a CDMA version. Delaying the CDMA PRIV too long will kill any chance at making a splash with it.

Passport style launch, passport style numbers.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-13-15 03:32 PM
215 ... 789