The two Telus stores closest to me had sold out by around 4PM, while the next four were down to less than 10 units each. It seems quite severely understocked. I'm going to try my luck getting one over the weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.
    11-06-15 07:26 PM
    I've got it. Not loaded yet, worried about the pkb after the Cadillac that is the passport!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 08:01 PM
    Chrome, take it from bb. Put address bar on the bottom.

11-06-15 08:02 PM
    Chrome, take it from bb. Put address bar on the bottom.

Yuck. Chrome is crap. I use mozilla. Comes with adblock plus
    11-06-15 08:25 PM
    On BlackBerry's FaceBook, a LOT of users are wanting this phone, waiting for Verizon , and waiting for the price to be lowered.
    11-06-15 09:09 PM
    I went into my local AT&T store today to calm my excitement for the phone. To my dismay though, the manager was not in and wouldn't be in until Monday. The reps told me they had received some packages, which probably contained the Priv, but they couldn't open them. They told me I was the only one to come in today and ask about the device, and it seems like the few reps that were there were definitely aware of the device! Honestly though, I'm not surprised. This isn't an ATT store in a big city or anything, so..., but they did have a big BB Priv poster that had some of the latest Samsungs displayed in front of it as well.
    11-07-15 02:15 AM
    On BlackBerry's FaceBook, a LOT of users are wanting this phone, waiting for Verizon , and waiting for the price to be lowered.
    By the time Verizon gets it, it'll probably be cheaper...
    11-07-15 02:34 AM
    Guys, I'm from the future and I come bearing good news! The Priv sold 20 million during the opening weekend. 20 million I tells ya! Woooooooo. BlackBerry is back!!

Posted via CB10
    LiterallyLogan and Lacuna_a_x like this.
    11-07-15 02:45 AM

The Z30 is unbelievable!
    Lol! Very specific!

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    11-07-15 02:52 AM
    Great short term headline - a bit of a disaster when we come to quarterly results.
    With every store having only 2 stocks of the device, yeah, expect it to be sold out in no time.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 03:30 AM
    I doubt there will be many sales. This launch was pathetic.
    11-07-15 04:26 AM
    I doubt there will be many sales. This launch was pathetic.
    Better then closing up shop splitting the company and selling.
    11-07-15 04:28 AM
    Better then closing up shop splitting the company and selling.
    They could have released another BB10 phone and the same thing could still happen.
    andy957 and Bluenoser63 like this.
    11-07-15 04:30 AM
    They could have released another BB10 phone and the same thing could still happen.
    Rleasonngbnaother. Touch typing on. Android everyone.

Releasing another bb10 phone would be worse off. At least the priv is selling
    11-07-15 04:33 AM

Releasing another bb10 phone would be worse off. At least the priv is selling
    It is? And you know this how? It might be selling a very small amount in here but the masses don't know this phone exists.
    11-07-15 04:35 AM
    It is? And you know this how? It might be selling a very small amount in here but the masses don't know this phone exists.
    They could have marketed it like apple. But that costs apple like a billion a quarter. So that's out of the question.
    11-07-15 04:37 AM
    They could have marketed it like apple. But that costs apple like a billion a quarter. So that's out of the question.
    They didn't have to market it like Apple. They didn't market it at all.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-07-15 04:38 AM
    They didn't have to market it like Apple. They didn't market it at all.
    Chen didn't want to take the risk of spending millions on marketing and loosing money if the device didn't sell. Either he takes a chance and the company loses money and stock price or he takes this chance which is less of a gamble in my eyes.
    11-07-15 04:40 AM
    Chen didn't want to take the risk of spending millions on marketing and loosing money if the device didn't sell. Either he takes a chance and the company loses money and stock price or he takes this chance which is less of a gamble in my eyes.
    I understand that. But you're kidding yourself if you think this phone is going to sell well.
    11-07-15 04:41 AM
    I understand that. But you're kidding yourself if you think this phone is going to sell well.
    Last blackberry that sold well was the 9900 and even that didn't save the company.
    11-07-15 04:42 AM
    Also my guesstimate for this quarter was 100k units sold.
    11-07-15 04:43 AM
    Also my guesstimate for this quarter was 100k units sold.
    Hope not, because if that's the case it's the last phone you will see by Blackberry.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-07-15 04:44 AM
    No risk, no gain! That's the strategy of a coward businessman!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 06:52 AM
    Yeah, I don't think it'll sell well either. Initially, sales might look good but, beyond the first quarter or so, they'll not be so good.

At first, sales will be fairly brisk, buoyed by the BB faithful buying it because "it's a BlackBerry, with a keyboard". Add in the "hipsters" who will be attracted by the interesting form-factor of this new Android phone... and sales might actually have a significant uptick which will help the quarterly results (including the residual BB10 and BBOS sales) to look good.

It won't last. There aren't enough BB faithful left to keep those sales up, and there'll be something new and shiny from another vendor to catch the eye of the hipsters real soon.

I'm sure it'll sell more than my estimate of 17 in the opening weekend, but millions in the longer term? - No.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-07-15 07:10 AM
    It won't last. There aren't enough BB faithful left to keep those sales up
    ... which is why it's puzzling that some people here still think another BB10 high-end slab would actually make an impact to the level that's needed...
    andy957, JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    11-07-15 07:03 PM
215 ... 6789