For the USA, Google Trends shows a level of interest in the PRIV roughtly at the level of the HTC One A9. I think that the PRIV will have more staying power on the shelves than BB10 products which never caught beyond the fan base. The PRIV will do better with Enterprise than the Passport just because it is not full time PKB.
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-05-15 04:08 PM
    Guys.. android central is this way ----> Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers

He just sounds like someone who likes Blackberry OS to me. Besides you have to realize that the biggest complaint Blackberry users have had recently is hardware quality. If hardware lacks and is behind in specs what do you think Blackberry's main draw has been all these years? Legacy and OS10 have always stood apart from iOS , android and even Brew. It has been what has defined the company since they adopted VKB devices. Even then the PKB is easily duplicated but protected under patents fiercely protected by Blackberry. If you hate the OS so much and really don't mind android but want the PKB you should be wishing for the company to die so the patent can be sold.
    I love BlackBerry 10 OS. Best OS out there and I will continue to us it until it doesn't work anymore. I don't want iOS or Android and won't use them. They are both not even close to BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry has made a big mistake going to Android.

Chen doesn't want to make hardware and the Priv is just a low volume showcase for it's version of Android. Check wants to go to software as he has no clue about consumers and requiring software developers for it's devices.

Come back in a year and you will probably say that I was right.
    11-05-15 07:36 PM
    I love BlackBerry 10 OS. Best OS out there and I will continue to us it until it doesn't work anymore. I don't want iOS or Android and won't use them. They are both not even close to BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry has made a big mistake going to Android.

Chen doesn't want to make hardware and the Priv is just a low volume showcase for it's version of Android. Check wants to go to software as he has no clue about consumers and requiring software developers for it's devices.

Come back in a year and you will probably say that I was right.
    A mistake? why? the company needed to stay in the hardware business and Android was the only possible solution now and in the near future. Nothing prevents BB from launching another device on BB10. I understand that BB fans are worried that BB10 could die, but there is still hope for it to exist. the success of the Priv could give BB time to fix any issues with BB10 notably the app gap (if they could) before launching another device running BB10. Blackberry needs the exposure and the cash from a successful Priv,if people like the Priv they might open up to a BB10 device, i know i would. the only reason prevented me from getting a BB10 device was the lack of apps.
    11-05-15 07:46 PM
    A mistake? why? the company needed to stay in the hardware business and Android was the only possible solution now and in the near future. Nothing prevents BB from launching another device on BB10. I understand that BB fans are worried that BB10 could die, but there is still hope for it to exist. the success of the Priv could give BB time to fix any issues with BB10 notably the app gap (if they could) before launching another device running BB10. Blackberry needs the exposure and the cash from a successful Priv,if people like the Priv they might open up to a BB10 device, i know i would. the only reason prevented me from getting a BB10 device was the lack of apps.
    I wonder if that could provide an interesting strategy. Produce secured android and secured android app market. Offer secured app market for forked android runtime on OS10. Entice developers to submit apps to the blackberry secured market.
    I prefer to see native apps with qt5 support but honestly apps for me are just a way to cash in on the public. Make people think they are necessary but in real life if you can't do it on a computer (browser) it's not important.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:56 PM
    I say 22k. Not that BlackBerry would ever tell us the #

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:09 PM
    It's a mistake because BB10 is the best mobile OS and BlackBerry should end their hardware business, maybe even themselves, on the high note of having peaked with the best mobile OS. Anything less would be a dishonor to the fans of BB10.
    11-05-15 08:11 PM
    I'm sure a lot, the blackberry priv is gunna be running android and has extremely great quality when it comes to hardware... it'll make it, no dount

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:12 PM
    If AT&T and Blackberry advertise it right, they can sell a lot of phones during this weekend. Being that it's nearly the start of the holiday season, and if people are aware that this exists, you should see some potentially high sales.
    11-05-15 08:13 PM
    You mean besides the one Chen bought and the Kardashian's got for free?

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    11-05-15 08:14 PM
    It's a mistake because BB10 is the best mobile OS and BlackBerry should end their hardware business, maybe even themselves, on the high note of having peaked with the best mobile OS. Anything less would be a dishonor to the fans of BB10.
    although i never used a BB10 device, i fell ur pain. the problem is companies exist to make money, if there is money to be made in the Android world then BB will keep the hardware business going. the fans are not the priority of the shareholders unfortunately.
    with all that, i still think there is hope for BB10.
    11-05-15 08:22 PM
    I wonder if that could provide an interesting strategy. Produce secured android and secured android app market. Offer secured app market for forked android runtime on OS10. Entice developers to submit apps to the blackberry secured market.
    I prefer to see native apps with qt5 support but honestly apps for me are just a way to cash in on the public. Make people think they are necessary but in real life if you can't do it on a computer (browser) it's not important.

Posted via CB10
    the reality is that the market and consumers dictate what could be done. BB is not in a position of force when it can lead the market in a certain direction. BB will have to wait and see if there are more opportunities in the Android world.
    11-05-15 08:25 PM
    Bout tree fiddy.

Posted via CB10
    andy957, kbz1960 and bops2466 like this.
    11-05-15 08:29 PM
    I say either 9000 or 9900 (or 9930 if you're a CDMA user) of them.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-05-15 08:53 PM
    Scratch my last estimate, 500,000 is my final

Check Out TechCraze
    11-06-15 02:50 AM
    From reports of anecdotal store stock, it appears BB allocated Passport level of units for launch so I'm going to have to revise estimate to 50k in consumers hands over the weekend.
    11-06-15 06:25 PM
    They aren't going to sell very many at brick and stores. They didn't ship enough.

I went into my local Bell store this evening and they had already sold out. I asked how many they had before they started selling. They said 2. Two!! They then said that all the Bell stores only received 2 and nobody would be getting more until Tuesday. So there goes Saturday and Sunday without any sales.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport 
    11-06-15 06:35 PM
    My att only sold 1

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:39 PM
    Only 2 priv's available at all the stores I called in my city and most were sold out by noon. Good news but not enough stock anywhere. I had to drive all over town for one. Most places said bigger shipments coming on Monday.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 06:40 PM
    Just went to the mall after work... really wanted to see and try the Priv.
    I have to say
    Not too bad of a hardware...
    Nice screen .... but high price...not for everyone... Didn't get test fully because other people want to see it

My wife nephew works there....and I was shocked to hear that a big store like that one sold only "2 " Privs

He said you can buy an S6 + a little cheaper than that with better specs
    I feel bad because over all it is still a
    BlackBerry phone

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:51 PM
    The question is, how many will be sold and returned?
    andy957 likes this.
    11-06-15 07:03 PM
    Sounds like they are going for a "sold out everywhere" headline.
    11-06-15 07:08 PM
    The question is, how many will be sold and returned?
    these sorts of guesses ebb and flow. I'm guessing they ordered 100-150K, most sites sold out by now (how can you get that right?) I will go 300k in a month and accelerate beyond that
    11-06-15 07:10 PM
    Sounds like they are going for a "sold out everywhere" headline.
    Great short term headline - a bit of a disaster when we come to quarterly results.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-06-15 07:13 PM
    Just visited my local AT&T and the reps said that they just sold the last BlackBerry Priv although I didn't ask how many that had.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:16 PM
    It will follow passport numbers but hopefully have a bit more staying power. No idea what final number will be but it will be neither great or a disaster either.
    11-06-15 07:23 PM
215 ... 56789