If this device does well I would say it's safe to say bb would release a passport powered by android.
    Agreed, and easy for BB to do, because apparently the Passport has been in use internally as an Android test-bed for months.

I'm reasonably sure that the slider was chosen to lead BlackBerry's Android charge because it's a more mainstream device and isn't as polarising as the Passport "hip to be square" form-factor.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and kirson like this.
    11-04-15 09:37 AM
    None- cause the shipping has been postponed till November 9th...Attachment 378810
    That's only for later "second batch" orders. Early preorders are still shipping the 6th.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-04-15 09:39 AM
    Agreed, and easy for BB to do, because apparently the Passport has been in use internally as an Android test-bed for months.

I'm reasonably sure that the slider was chosen to lead BlackBerry's Android charge because it's a more mainstream device and isn't as polarising as the Passport "hip to be square" form-factor.
    Yup. If bb is to continue down the android road they have to offer form factors that are different from the competition. Hence the slider and I think the next obvious choice is the passport which is prolly jump on. I dont think a regular glass slab ala z30 type device would be released unless BlackBerry androids take off over the next year or 2
    11-04-15 09:41 AM
    Make the device more bb10 over time, and u will finally be able to sell bb os to people that wouldn't pick it up. . The obv play is , Google attempts to buy bb. Because they suck without it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-04-15 09:48 AM
    50K to 100K max. Just less than 1M for the quarter.
    11-04-15 09:55 AM
    So many negative haters here really really want this device to fail. Can't believe they call themselves "loyal".

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that most want it to fail, just that it will. There are others who don't care as BlackBerry Android is lipstick on a pig.
    11-04-15 09:58 AM
    They made hardly any. Not sure how many hardly any is but I heard demand has exceeded initial supply as it was so low. It is as many have speculated like BlackBerry wants this to fail.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 10:06 AM
    How are people getting anywhere near 100k and stuff as an opening weekend sale?

In the first batch I thought it was confirmend 1000 USA, 500 canada, 500 UK, and then Carphone warehouse. My carphone warehouse order has been pushed back, and I doubt that many people ordered there either... I'd say 5,000 phones actually getting into peoples hands this weekend is more realistic!
    JeepBB, Dunt Dunt Dunt and dolco like this.
    11-04-15 10:42 AM
    So many negative haters here really really want this device to fail. Can't believe they call themselves "loyal".

Posted via CB10
    Its not wise to be loyal to someone/something that is not in return. Makes you a slave

I do hope it fails. I don't see Blackberry bringing back BB10 either way. The only real hope now is they get dismantled and some of the patents become available to others. Honestly BB does not do hardware better than the competition. They simply hold patents that stop others from creating a decent physical keyboard. Software is all they had and now they are giving it up.
    11-04-15 11:13 AM

In the first batch I thought it was confirmend 1000 USA, 500 canada, 500 UK, and then Carphone warehouse. My carphone warehouse order has been pushed back, and I doubt that many people ordered there either... I'd say 5,000 phones actually getting into peoples hands this weekend is more realistic!
    Looking at the emails that people are starting to get, it does look like they simply don't have the stock to do big numbers.

However BBRY will be able to claim "sold out!" [please don't ask for numbers].
    11-04-15 11:17 AM
    There was a post a while back that stated that the first production run of Priv's was 500k units. And that there was a delay of several (22 was mentioned) weeks before a new run could be started. How true the 22 weeks is, I don't know, but the 500,000 units in the first run rings true to me and sets a limit on the quarterly sales.

I doubt they'll sell all 500k Privs in the first weekend though...
    11-04-15 11:17 AM

Well, by your logic, none of the first batch would even count as they are not shipping until the 6th or after for the first batch, so not in anyones hands. Looks like only way to get in your hands this weekend is At&t in US and carriers in Canada.
    11-04-15 11:30 AM
    Speaking for myself, I would never characterise myself as being "loyal" to BlackBerry, but I am genuinely "interested" in whether the Priv will be a success, and whether Chen will actually succeed in saving BlackBerry.

BlackBerry is a corporation that makes products that it hopes will appeal to buyers. It's not a football team or a cult for which "loyalty" is appropriate. Though, I can see where you might assume otherwise given some of the posts I see on here.
    Some people around here take BlackBerry absolutely personally. When news first broke the the Venice (now, Priv) was going to be android, some acted like Chen personally ran a car over their dog.

Some still do.

A wee bit of an over dramatic reaction.

I agree with you. BlackBerry is just a for-profit company. I like them over some other companies, but it does come down to business decisions for survival.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-04-15 11:50 AM

Well they "sold" those first 200K Passports in just two days..... No marketing, No Apps, No US Carriers till months after, and it wasn't exactly cheap.

I remember the rumors about the low number of PRIV in the distribution channels... but I just took them as rumors. I doubt AT&T would bother with the PRIV without some minimum about of stock, well beyond 1000 units.
    11-04-15 11:54 AM

Check Out TechCraze
    11-04-15 11:54 AM
    Some people around here take BlackBerry absolutely personally. When news first broke the the Venice (now, Priv) was going to be android, some acted like Chen personally ran a car over their dog.

Some still do.

A wee bit of an over dramatic reaction.

I agree with you. BlackBerry is just a for-profit company. I like them over some other companies, but it does come down to business decisions for survival.

Posted via CB10
    People that join FAN sites... kinda think their phones are their best friend If we were normal, we wouldn't be here.
    JeepBB, Bbnivende and qwerty4ever like this.
    11-04-15 12:01 PM
    Business are becoming more and more personal so... it does kind of matter

For instance a change to android potentially affects how individuals handle their personal information

To use a terrible analogy it's like an egg salesman saving costs by buying rotten eggs and you're saying hey don't take it personally its just business...

Check Out TechCraze
    11-04-15 12:14 PM

Rogers business division has pre-orders in the 100s
    11-04-15 12:19 PM
    500,000 in NA, UK, Europe

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 12:22 PM

Those are just shop BlackBerry numbers! Remember that most user will buy subsidised phones from carriers... and we are talking about tens of thousands of point of sales

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:07 PM
    Those are just shop BlackBerry numbers! Remember that most user will buy subsidised phones from carriers... and we are talking about tens of thousands of point of sales

Posted via CB10
    Unless those reps steer them away from the Priv and into a shiny new iPhone
    11-04-15 01:10 PM
    Unless those reps steer them away from the Priv and into a shiny new iPhone
    For the average person who doesn't know how to deal with phone issues. One single button to press on an iPhone is perfect for them.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-04-15 01:12 PM
    For the average person who doesn't know how to deal with phone issues. One single button to press on an iPhone is perfect for them.
    I agree.
    11-04-15 01:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    yes, but as far as I can see, one carrier per country will have them on release day, which is a friday. That leaves that weekend ALONE to sell.

CPW is the only place in England to have it, and we've all just been knocked back a week. That's a big fat 0 on release weekend.

As for USA / canda, I thought it was AT+T , and Rogers and that's it? And on top of that, for a carrier sale won't they have to be at the end of their contract as well? Just doesn't seem like they're gonna fly off the shelves in one weekend. Sure, over time they might start to move and i'm sure we all hope they do, but this weekend essentially means nothing to a lot of people now that shipments won't arrive until the next week. Everyone who wants the phone this early has probably already pre ordered
    11-04-15 01:16 PM
    It's not that hard to swipe up.... or is it down.... wait I'm sure it's left..... or is that a left from the corner towards the center....

When a 3rd party that specializes in the study ergonomics says it isn't that easy to use... you have a problem. Thankfully going forward, we have our own button.
    11-04-15 01:17 PM
215 ... 23456 ...