More than 17.

Guessing is fun, but pointless.

BB won't release any numbers until the quarterlies, and even then sales won't be broken down by product if BB follow their standard practices. Initially, BB wouldn't even separate BBOS and BB10 sales numbers in the quarterlies. The proportion of each had to be "discovered" in the earnings call.

The exception would be if the Priv quickly sells a few 100,000's in a couple of weeks... and, given all the previous "exceeding expectations" type of announcement that have come before, who would believe it?
    11-04-15 01:27 AM
    More than 17.

Guessing is fun, but pointless.

BB won't release any numbers until the quarterlies, and even then sales won't be broken down by product if BB follow their standard practices. Initially, BB wouldn't even separate BBOS and BB10 sales numbers in the quarterlies. The proportion of each had to be "discovered" in the earnings call.

The exception would be if the Priv quickly sells a few 100,000's in a couple of weeks... and, given all the previous "exceeding expectations" type of announcement that have come before, who would believe it?
    We *might* get what they did with the passport where they *ahem* confused Purchase orders with sales (and the corrected themselves later in the earnings call) or we might get a press release if its amazing but otherwise you are right.

The other thing is that there might simply not be the stock to sell in significant numbers.
    11-04-15 01:44 AM
    So many negative haters here really really want this device to fail. Can't believe they call themselves "loyal".

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-04-15 03:06 AM
    So many negative haters here really really want this device to fail. Can't believe they call themselves "loyal".
    Speaking for myself, I would never characterise myself as being "loyal" to BlackBerry, but I am genuinely "interested" in whether the Priv will be a success, and whether Chen will actually succeed in saving BlackBerry.

BlackBerry is a corporation that makes products that it hopes will appeal to buyers. It's not a football team or a cult for which "loyalty" is appropriate. Though, I can see where you might assume otherwise given some of the posts I see on here.
    11-04-15 03:20 AM
    The other thing is that there might simply not be the stock to sell in significant numbers.
    Given the slippage in the shipping dates being given to pre-orderers, I do wonder how many Priv's BB have ready to sell.

Now that would be ironic. BB finally having a phone that genuinely appeals to a mass audience, and being unable to satisify that demand.
    kirson likes this.
    11-04-15 03:25 AM
    Pre-orders are received upto 800+ k.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:27 AM
    I just hope there won't be more returns than sales this time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-04-15 03:31 AM
    I'd say 1milion sold

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:37 AM
    I just hope there won't be more returns than sales this time.
    Yup, I doubt those returns helped BlackBerry's relationship with stores and carriers.

To be fair though, I suspect the prospects for the Priv should be good, and returns should be minimal because there should be few surprises.

It's largely vanilla Google Android and so will gain access to every App imaginable - so the situation where folk returned their BB10 phone "...because the xxx App isn't available" shouldn't happen. And, also because it's Android, there'll be no wacky non-standard gestures that can put some customers off because they were unique to BB10. As a trivial example of how that might cause returns, I have personal experience of several people (some very techie) being unable to wake my Playbook because they were unaware of the "bezel to bezel swipe" gesture.

There might be some returns if the Hub, etc integration with Android doesn't meet expectations but large scale returns as seen with the Z10 are unlikely I reckon.
    cgk and kirson like this.
    11-04-15 03:47 AM
    yeah a Z10 type bomb is really unlikely - partly because there is just no way they will have made as any units at this stage.
    kirson likes this.
    11-04-15 03:50 AM
    How many jellybeans are in the jar?

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    11-04-15 05:14 AM
    How many jellybeans are in the jar?

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    11-04-15 05:18 AM
    Make that 2 I'm in and already pre ordered.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-04-15 05:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't think of anything lower than being 'loyal' to a mega-corporation - Consumers should constantly hound and attack corporations and be willing to switch at the drop of a hat. Every bit of bad service or poor product development should be shouted from the rooftops. Loyalty to a corporation leads to sloppy products and allows them to release second-rate outcomes. Rather than loyalty I am equally disloyal to all! I've had nokia, Palm, Motorola, ZTE, Sony and now LG. Even though I like my G4, when I pick my next phone they compete for my money from scratch along side everyone else, eveyone has a fair chance to win my custom.

Every product launch should have the organisation CEO and leadership team laying awake at night that we the consumer will rubbish and destroy their reputation.
    JeepBB, kirson, dolco and 1 others like this.
    11-04-15 05:46 AM
    ONE million units...!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 05:57 AM
    Crackberry is becoming the site of nay-sayers... I certainly don't trust the opinion of most of the people posting on this site. I wish Blackberry well. I will make my own opinion about this phone. PRIV is a phone with added security, some Blackberry experience and apps. I will get one.
    11-04-15 07:38 AM
    "More than any other BlackBerry in recent memory".
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-04-15 07:40 AM
    With AT&T on board, I would say 100,000

It won't be a huge launch. What will be important for BlackBerry are the sales after the first weekend, when marketing, reviews, carrier support, word of mouth...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 08:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    To be honest I'm loyal to the physical keyboard so I hope this doesn't fail at all.

But yeah, you'd expect better from some of the Crack berry users lol not really.
    11-04-15 08:22 AM
    It will not be a big number if supply is late. Regardless I doubt it will be more than 200k.

Very little marketing or knowledge of the product even coming out.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    11-04-15 08:42 AM
    My guess is half of passport sales. These will be sold at a 30% return rate.
    11-04-15 08:49 AM
    they sold 200k passports during opening weekend...I'm guessing they'll be around the 600k....if they include the carrier sales. Its just a guess though, I hope its more, Im itching for another new device announcement!
    If this device does well I would say it's safe to say bb would release a passport powered by android.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-04-15 08:56 AM
    Pre-orders are received upto 800+ k.

Posted via CB10
    is this your own guess?

if sales are "good" thinking in few hundred thousands the first few weeks, i suspect BB will release that information, it will be good publicity and sends a positive message to other potential buyers
    11-04-15 08:59 AM
    Over 9001!!!!11

I don't have patience to sugarcoat things.
    11-04-15 09:17 AM
    Given the slippage in the shipping dates being given to pre-orderers, I do wonder how many Priv's BB have ready to sell.

Now that would be ironic. BB finally having a phone that genuinely appeals to a mass audience, and being unable to satisify that demand.
    Passport sold out during launch too... and that was a BlackBerry device (built, inventoried and channeled out). I assume the PRIV is being made under their new contracts that place all the RISK on the manufacture (unless BlackBerry takes on that risk themselves). I imagine this whole pre-launch was being used to gauge demand. To the limited release to a few markets, and even just a few carriers in those markets, is most likly a result of limited product and limited inventory risk controls.

If they had done a full launch with all four US Carriers.... that would have required 100's of thousands of devices. With no real idea of how many of those would actually be sold.

I think many here forget just how low the average price has been for most BB10 devices... $700 is double what the majority here paid for their Z10, Q10 or Z30 when they finally bought into the platform. We know the Z10 was the biggest part of the platform and that most of those were the $200 markdown devices - many of these will be waiting for the price to drop. Then too you have many "fans" that are happy with BB10 right now, they'll enjoy what they have and take a wait and see view of this Android upstart. Then there are some "fans" that aren't about to buy their 3rd BlackBerry beta product without knowing if it will be a success so they'll also wait to see what happens.

We many of the "fans" waiting for one reason or another, based on the marketing that has taken place (none), based on the limited carrier support, based on the price..... I'd say 100K would be the best they could hope for during the next few weeks.

But then some great reviews and a $150 price cut for BlackFriday and the Holiday Season.... could change all that.
    cgk, JeepBB, kirson and 2 others like this.
    11-04-15 09:17 AM
215 12345 ...