View Poll Results: Have you had hardware problems on your 1month+ old priv? (same device)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • No hardware problems on the same device for over a month

28 70.00%
  • Had a hardware problem/returned a priv, but current priv has no hardware problems for over a month

2 5.00%
  • Yes constant hardware problems, I can't go a month without hardware problems

10 25.00%
    This forum is littered with threads on the screen "click" issue, and a few others, leaving the impression that almost every priv has these hardware issue.
    The posts, reviews, videos, etc where people love their priv and have no problems generally don't mention how long they have had their priv so there is no way to know if the "click" simply has no developed yet, or if their priv will probably never have the "Click".

So, for those that have had the same priv for over a month (and use it an average amount or more), raise your hand if you have not had any hardware or "click" issues with your current priv?

This is less of a "click" vs "no click" comparrision since that does not account for how much usage a phone has, but more of a "how many privs that has seen a fair amount of usage (given that they have only been out a few months) and have no hardware problems"
    Last edited by rob350; 12-31-15 at 01:55 PM.
    12-31-15 01:42 PM
    No issues at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-31-15 01:51 PM
    Had mine since the 26th November, in the official leather slip case. I even dropped it at the weekend onto a pebble/mud path from quite a height in the leather case, so much that the leather case has significant gouges on it, phone is perfect still.

Posted from my Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-31-15 02:14 PM
    This forum is littered with threads on the screen "click" issue, and a few others, leaving the impression that almost every priv has these hardware issue.
    The posts, reviews, videos, etc where people love their priv and have no problems generally don't mention how long they have had their priv so there is no way to know if the "click" simply has no developed yet, or if their priv will probably never have the "Click".

So, for those that have had the same priv for over a month (and use it an average amount or more), raise your hand if you have not had any hardware or "click" issues with your current priv?

This is less of a "click" vs "no click" comparrision since that does not account for how much usage a phone has, but more of a "how many privs that has seen a fair amount of usage (given that they have only been out a few months) and have no hardware problems"
    No problems. Including 3 drops onto a very hard wooden floor. One was about a 1.25 meter high. When it hit the floor, it did not sound and I expected the worse...but there is nothing wrong with it.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-31-15 02:18 PM
    I'm on my second as my first developing clicking and closing the screen was difficult after a drop onto hollow, carpeted flooring at work. The second one has had a click from day 1, albeit much less noisy, but the back of it creaks like crazy. I've just decided to live with it for now and wait for a warranty replacement at some point, once BB figures out the problems. I still absolutely love my Priv, and would continue to use it despite the issues, I just wish the hardware had maybe gone through a bit more QC and/or design time.
    12-31-15 02:24 PM
    No problems at all,got mine from AT&T the first day it was available!

From my Awesome Priv!!!!
    12-31-15 02:38 PM
    👋 No issues with my Priv that I have had since launch from AT&T.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    12-31-15 02:38 PM
    Besides the creaky back and screen click issues, no. I'm of the opinion that these issues will persist because of the device being a slider.
    12-31-15 02:47 PM
    OP, you should start another thread asking how many have had hardware problems to get an idea of the balance
    12-31-15 02:50 PM
    OP, you should start another thread asking how many have had hardware problems to get an idea of the balance
    Fair point.
    From my perspective looking on these forums everyday reading about the priv (deciding what my next phone will be), I get the impression that every priv has hardware issues judging by the number of people posting about hardware issues.

Hence this thread to shine some positive light that there are privs out there without hardware issues. More importantly no issues even after some use.
    If I have to go through 3 phones while standing in the Bell store before finding a good one out of the box that will last 2 years is one thing, but to have to go get a replacement every month because my phone (wears out? degrades after a month?) fails is a real pain and something I don't have time to keep replacing and re customizing my phone.
    12-31-15 03:04 PM
    One could argue tolerance as well. One may be susceptible or immune to it...
    12-31-15 03:10 PM
    Fair point.
    From my perspective looking on these forums everyday reading about the priv (deciding what my next phone will be), I get the impression that every priv has hardware issues judging by the number of people posting about hardware issues.

Hence this thread to shine some positive light that there are privs out there without hardware issues. More importantly no issues even after some use.
    If I have to go through 3 phones while standing in the Bell store before finding a good one out of the box that will last 2 years is one thing, but to have to go get a replacement every month because my phone (wears out? degrades after a month?) fails is a real pain and something I don't have time to keep replacing and re customizing my phone.
    I'm in the same boat. I'm getting my next phone in 2 months and I really wish it were a clear and easy decision. Based on what I've played with, seen and heard, I think I'm going to get a Nexus 6p and load blackberry's keyboard onto it. The biggest draw back is lack of micro SD Slot but I think it makes up for it in cost and features. I can also just get a usb OTG solution for movies and other media... I want the Priv to be worth it just not seeing it yet
    12-31-15 03:11 PM
    I'm on my second as my first developing clicking and closing the screen was difficult after a drop onto hollow, carpeted flooring at work. The second one has had a click from day 1, albeit much less noisy, but the back of it creaks like crazy. I've just decided to live with it for now and wait for a warranty replacement at some point, once BB figures out the problems. I still absolutely love my Priv, and would continue to use it despite the issues, I just wish the hardware had maybe gone through a bit more QC and/or design time.
    Wrong thread. This is for who hasn't had any issues.

sonicpix likes this.
    12-31-15 03:16 PM
    Fair point.
    I statistics we call this a biased sample. That is the pool of people complaining in the forums.
    12-31-15 03:28 PM
    No issue for me.

12-31-15 03:38 PM
    I'm on my original Priv and have no issues.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-31-15 03:47 PM
    I have a AT&T unlocked Priv with a 102915 build date and still solid as a rock and no issues.
    12-31-15 03:52 PM
    I have had mine a little over a month with no issues. I am very pleased with the phone.

12-31-15 04:46 PM
    No issues at all.
    12-31-15 05:01 PM
    No hardware issues with the Wife's Priv but there are still software issues with it.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    12-31-15 05:25 PM
    No problem with my priv only it gets hot other than that awesome phone love it had it for a month from att i gave up the passport and the galaxy s 6 edge plus no looking back

blackradiant
    12-31-15 05:33 PM
    ATT Priv acquired 11/16. No hardware issues at all.

12-31-15 06:24 PM
    No issues at all!
    12-31-15 06:47 PM
    Got 2 AT&T Privs about a week after launch and have had no problems at all with them other than os related issues.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    12-31-15 07:22 PM
    Have 2 here since launch, no issues with either.

12-31-15 07:23 PM
85 123 ...