11-17-15 09:32 PM
48 12
tools
    I'm just curious but I would like to know how many people don't have a screen click issue?

I've had my Priv for less than a week and granted I do like the sliding mechanism. The screen on the left side can click if I tap on it. Doesn't happen to the right side.

Just wondering if I should go through the hassle of making an exchange.

Other than that, I love this phone. Best of BlackBerry and Android and it can only improve from here.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    LiterallyLogan likes this.
    11-16-15 04:41 PM
    I don't.

11-16-15 04:41 PM
    I'm just curious but I would like to know how many people don't have a screen click issue?

I've had my Priv for less than a week and granted I do like the sliding mechanism. The screen on the left side can click if I tap on it. Doesn't happen to the right side.

Other than that, I love this phone. Best of BlackBerry and Android and it can only improve from here.

Funny.. for me it's the top right.

But... my Priv has taken two nose dives down onto a hard, wooden floor. So... I'm not surprised.
    Phinhead54 likes this.
    11-16-15 04:43 PM
    None here.

Then again why does it matter?
    does it hinder your usage?
    this is a screen on a floating joint? Are you tryign to compare it to a Z30 or iphone?
    11-16-15 04:44 PM
    Funny.. for me it's the top right.

But... my Priv has taken two nose dives down onto a hard, wooden floor. So... I'm not surprised.
    How did you manage to do that? Well we now know it is a robust device!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-16-15 04:44 PM
    For me it the bottom 1/4 of the screen in general. Has a little play in all directions which causes a bit of a "click" when tapping the bottom of the screen. Always assumed it was normal with the screen being a slider and all.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    11-16-15 04:48 PM
    How did you manage to do that? Well we now know it is a robust device!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    1) Went to bed one night. Rested the little beauty face down on top of a vinyl chair. Woke up about 3am from a loud noise. Started feeling around in the dark... sure enough... there's the Priv on the floor. The face of the phone is pretty slick... and during the course of several hours... it slowly slid against a gradual decline in the seat. It's easy a 2 foot drop straight down onto a very hard wooden floor.

2) Was in a hurry while running out the door. Priv was being charged. Snatched up the phone and took off towards the door. Didn't realize the charger cord was still attached... felt a quick tug on the phone as I hurried away... and in a terrible knee-jerk reaction... I let go. Phone took a dive from about 3 feet downward. The sound of that phone hitting the hard wooden floor... it will make you sick to your stomach.

I'm being 100% serious when I say this - there's not one aesthetic mark on that phone. I could place it next to one that was just taken out of the box and you wouldn't see a difference.
    Theicecreamman and mundo472 like this.
    11-16-15 04:52 PM

Out of 4 Priv's I've touched (1 unlocked, 1 AT&T and 2 AT&T demo units), 2 out of 4 had clicky screens. The unlocked one was clicky when closed, the AT&T one was clicky when open. Oddly enough, the AT&T demo units were the most solid and did not click.

My personal unlocked phone had a pretty bad click on the lower left side when closed. I tried the fix on the following post http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12068586 which helped get rid of the "click" but there's still a fair bit of play on the left side of the screen when closed.
    11-16-15 04:55 PM
    Have had the Priv for about a week now. I do not have any clicking with the screen.

11-16-15 04:58 PM
    I had an at&t model with no click, but had to go back for other reasons. Unlocked one has it bottom left when closed.
    11-16-15 05:00 PM
    I wouldn't if I were you because I'm sure it will only be a few months before people like you get bored and need a newer device. Don't take offence...I'm just keeping it real.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 05:10 PM
    Nope

Posted from my Priv!
    11-16-15 05:15 PM
    Neither of the 2 here do.
    11-16-15 05:16 PM
    No click or wobbly screen.

STV100-1, SQW100-4
    11-16-15 05:18 PM

I don't either!

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-16-15 05:28 PM
    Mine doesn't have it. This is my second one after I returned my first but I don't remember my first one having it either.
    11-16-15 05:31 PM
    Top left corner clicks and when slid out the bottom of screen moves side to side. Will be changing tomorrow.

11-16-15 05:42 PM
    I've not noticed one.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 05:45 PM
    I had the screen click. It was the most annoying thing ever. I returned the Priv after 2 days of use and AT&T gave me another bran new one. Now this new one has no click. Go return yours!
    11-16-15 05:46 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm getting it exchanged.

The reason it bothers me is because whenever I type on the VKB it makes that click noise. Annoyance. Also just doesn't feel premium.

Shop BlackBerry is on back order until the end of this month so by the time I get my new one maybe it will be next month with manufacturing defects worked out.

Thanks again guys.

11-16-15 05:50 PM
    I don't either...so far so good.
    11-16-15 05:56 PM
    Had one but it's gone. Don't know when or how.

11-16-15 06:07 PM
    11-16-15 06:09 PM
    No screen click, battery, heat or hub problems.
    11-16-15 06:17 PM
    Oops. Double post.
    11-16-15 06:20 PM
48 12