I've gone to storage and USB, that's the option i have and when I go to cached data the only option given to me is clear cached data, and it doesn't seem to do anything, after that i have no more options.
    Ok, so you've competed step 1.
    03-04-17 02:33 PM
    Ok, so you've competed step 1.
    So how do I enable developer's mode?
    03-04-17 02:35 PM
    So how do I enable developer's mode?
    Just read the entirety of this short thread. Everything is answered.
    03-04-17 02:38 PM
    I just made this change to my priv. It's definitely faster at opening apps up now and other menus.
    03-04-17 02:53 PM
    I've done it, I enabled the developers mode, switched to 0,5 the three animation options and rebooted device, when I scroll screen it is not very smooth. Not sure whether I like it.
    03-04-17 02:56 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Just did it. Will see how it goes this weekend.
    Still like to know what changing those options do and what the difference is between those speed options

Cheers
    03-04-17 04:32 PM
    I've gone to storage and USB, that's the option i have and when I go to cached data the only option given to me is clear cached data, and it doesn't seem to do anything, after that i have no more options.
    If you let internal storage populate& look at the size of cached data before & after you will see it shrink... wait for it to repopulate
    03-04-17 04:54 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Just did it. Will see how it goes this weekend.
    Still like to know what changing those options do and what the difference is between those speed options

Cheers
    I found that the apps open and close faster. If your phone isn't noticeably slower than when first purchased then you might now notice the difference. Mine has slowed a bit do to used memory and apps, so the change in my end, made it move "like new" now. I'm sure another update will come out that will speed things back up, but until then this method works good.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    03-04-17 05:25 PM
    Well so far since I did it few hours ago I've definitely noticed an improvement. Even the app drawer open faster which was has gotten slower for sure. Now things seem more zippy.
    This should be a sticky cause it has helped for sure

Cheers mates
    FF22 likes this.
    03-04-17 08:39 PM
    1 - Go to settings, storage, internal, and hit cached data.

2 - enable developer mode in settings and change the 3 animation speeds to 0.5x.

3 - reboot device by holding down the power button for 15 seconds.
    As many times as I've complained about how slow my Priv is, why come you didn't tell ME to do this?? (Imagine the frownie face)
    00stryder and Gigolo69 like this.
    03-05-17 02:55 PM
    As many times as I've complained about how slow my Priv is, why come you didn't tell ME to do this?? (Imagine the frownie face)
    CB latest version has specially developed an exclusion protocol for moody persons...
    moody, newcollector and Wezard like this.
    03-05-17 03:17 PM
    CB-s latest version has specially developed an exclusion protocol for moody persons...
    moody likes this.
    03-05-17 03:18 PM
    I'm shocked. I thought you would never tire of repeating yourself...
    moody likes this.
    03-05-17 03:19 PM
    I want a new selfie with your frownie face!
    moody likes this.
    03-05-17 03:36 PM
    I'm shocked. I thought you would never tire of repeating yourself...
    I'm just shocked. No particular reason though.
    03-05-17 03:57 PM
    I'm just shocked. No particular reason though.
    Life is a shock to me anymore from sunrise to sandman every day... sometimes I feel I have lived too long: later I find something exciting to make me glad for some more time... mdr
    03-05-17 03:59 PM
    03-05-17 04:51 PM
    You'd ignore me anyway.
    03-05-17 05:14 PM
    You'd ignore me anyway.
    Anyone who would dare to ignore conite risks being labeled as ignorant... mdr
    03-05-17 05:17 PM
    Click yes. It will clear it. Watch your used memory at the top. It will decrease.
    03-05-17 10:46 PM
    1 - Go to settings, storage, internal, and hit cached data.

2 - enable developer mode in settings and change the 3 animation speeds to 0.5x.

3 - reboot device by holding down the power button for 15 seconds.
    Thanks for this I'm obviously new to android with the priv so a lot of tips and tricks to catch up on. This made the priv a lot snappier love it!! Thank you!!
    03-06-17 07:59 AM
    Just found that my Animations were reset to 1. I'm not sure when it happened so this should be refreshing.
    03-06-17 09:51 AM
    I tried this and it made an enormous difference!!! Thanks for the tip.

Any idea on how often the app cache should be cleared?
    03-06-17 10:07 AM
    I tried this and it made an enormous difference!!! Thanks for the tip.

Any idea on how often the app cache should be cleared?
    You're welcome.

I usually clear it about once every week or two. Don't do it too much, because it's general a good thing until something mucks it up.
    03-06-17 10:13 AM
    I just did the animation hack, but waiting to see if it's just placebo because the animations sped up.

My real issue is after a few days of usage, the launcher starts delay opening the drawer, masonry switcher slowing, and running a bit warm near the volume buttons even when there isn't much running.
    03-07-17 07:26 PM
55 123