Zero lag for me. Guess it depends on many other factors including the Apps you are using.
    If I say there's absolutely no lag I'm lying. There is this weird lag with the BlackBerry Launcher that appears after some uptime.
    03-16-17 12:57 PM
    If I say there's absolutely no lag I'm lying. There is this weird lag with the BlackBerry Launcher that appears after some uptime.
    I have read that but have yet to experience it myself.
    03-16-17 12:58 PM
    No lag here either with Launcher! fast. Check your animation settings and see if that helps!
    03-16-17 01:42 PM
    Would love a Priv, just wondering how long the update will last as compared to Dtek 50 or 60?
    I think you will get lifetime updates. I believe BlackBerry is trying to be the windows os of Android. Windows continues to provides updates for even xp and you still see Security updates for bb10.
    03-16-17 10:47 PM
    Would love a Priv, just wondering how long the update will last as compared to Dtek 50 or 60?
    Depends who you talk to. I mean some people think bb10 isn't dead.

I agree , you got a couple years
    BigBadWulf and Wezard like this.
    03-16-17 11:36 PM
    Windows continues to provides updates for even xp
    Windows stopped all support and updates for XP in April 2014.
    XP did have a good 12 year run. Mainly because everything between XP and Win10 was garbage. Nobody was updating unless buying a new PC and not given a choice. I remember ( Win 7, I think ) when a "downgrade" to XP would cost you a extra $100 or so, and people were paying it right and left.

Since the Priv is still BB's flagship, and first foray into Android, I would guess we will see security updates for around another 3 years, maybe longer. Nougat - Yes, whatever comes next - ?
    BB is still releasing sporadic updates for BB10, but then, they are still selling BB10 devices.
    03-17-17 06:59 AM
    XP did have a good 12 year run. Mainly because everything between XP and Win10 was garbage. Nobody was updating unless buying a new PC and not given a choice. I remember ( Win 7, I think ) when a "downgrade" to XP would cost you a extra $100 or so, and people were paying it right and left.

Since the Priv is still BB's flagship, and first foray into Android, I would guess we will see security updates for around another 3 years, maybe longer. Nougat - Yes, whatever comes next - ?
    BB is still releasing sporadic updates for BB10, but then, they are still selling BB10 devices.
    Well Windows 7 was good... And now it's becoming the new XP since everyone is refusing to move off it. Microsoft now resorting to not supporting it on new processors.

https://arstechnica.com/information-...-on-new-chips/
    03-17-17 08:08 AM
    Priv will be 2 years old before BlackBerry gets out Android "O".... so it could be a questionable update. Really don't know the "cost" of adding one extra device to an update. More in testing and certification than coding.
    I read in one of the three Mobile Nation's forums(just not remember which one) that the nougat OTA for Priv will be available in September this year.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 07:41 AM

What is so bad about win 7 and what makes xp so much better
    03-19-17 10:02 AM
    I'm agree with you about the fact that win seven pro is greater than Win XP. But there were so many persons involves in the XP OS support (paid or not) that is was easier to have help or documentation on each issue. For someone who did it nearly 5 years of my life for only a smile. It was also easier in many ways to helps people by using path's way.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 10:53 AM
    I read in one of the three Mobile Nation's forums(just not remember which one) that the nougat OTA for Priv will be available in September this year.

Posted via CB10
    If we look at the situation logically. The BlackBerry Aurora. It's currently available and running Nougat. We have the KEYone launching in April with Nougat.

So it seems really hard to believe that BlackBerry wouldn't release Nougat for the rest of the devices for 5 months after the KEYone and nearly 6 months after the Aurora

Obviously I can't say September is incorrect because it could be but just doesn't seem right. To me, it would be more logical for a MAY release date

Let's wait and see!

Posted Via BlackBerry PRIV
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-19-17 03:04 PM
    If we look at the situation logically. The BlackBerry Aurora. It's currently available and running Nougat. We have the KEYone launching in April with Nougat.

So it seems really hard to believe that BlackBerry wouldn't release Nougat for the rest of the devices for 5 months after the KEYone and nearly 6 months after the Aurora

Obviously I can't say September is incorrect because it could be but just doesn't seem right. To me, it would be more logical for a MAY release date

Let's wait and see!

Posted Via BlackBerry PRIV
    It would also be pretty simple for BlackBerry to even acknowledge in market devices getting N (without even giving a timeframe) and they cant seem to do that. Smells fishy if you ask me.
    03-19-17 03:28 PM
    It would also be pretty simple for BlackBerry to even acknowledge in market devices getting N (without even giving a timeframe) and they cant seem to do that. Smells fishy if you ask me.
    It smells Blackberry - nothing has changed in the communications machine!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-19-17 08:23 PM
    Most manufactures, if I recall correctly, delay the release of OS upgrades until they launch their new product. Even Google waited on releasing Nougat to their Nexus products until the Pixel was released. I agree with Matty. May seems reasonable..... let's hope.
    BigBadWulf and FF22 like this.
    03-19-17 08:33 PM
    What is so bad about win 7 and what makes xp so much better
    Other than the settings being spread all over the place, I don't remember.
    I distinctly remember several customers, large and small starting to upgrade then aborting. The few devices that were upgraded were then given to 'the new guy' or put in closets as spares.

Everything after XP was dumbed down.
    I should note that I used XP Pro, and I think most of the customers did also. Don't know if that made any difference.
    03-21-17 08:14 AM
    Other than the settings being spread all over the place, I don't remember.
    I distinctly remember several customers, large and small starting to upgrade then aborting. The few devices that were upgraded were then given to 'the new guy' or put in closets as spares.

Everything after XP was dumbed down.
    I should note that I used XP Pro, and I think most of the customers did also. Don't know if that made any difference.
    I think most used Pro because that was the one with the FCKGW key.
    03-21-17 08:55 AM
    Most manufactures, if I recall correctly, delay the release of OS upgrades until they launch their new product. Even Google waited on releasing Nougat to their Nexus products until the Pixel was released. I agree with Matty. May seems reasonable..... let's hope.
    Not really. Samsung has pushed N to devices. Even the Galaxy S6 and the S8 comes out at the end of this month or early next.
    03-21-17 09:10 AM
    Not really. Samsung has pushed N to devices. Even the Galaxy S6 and the S8 comes out at the end of this month or early next.
    To be fair, S6 got 7.0, not 7.1. KEYone and Aurora runs 7.1 instead. Just an interesting factoid.
    03-21-17 10:27 AM
    To be fair, S6 got 7.0, not 7.1. KEYone and Aurora runs 7.1 instead. Just an interesting factoid.
    Aurora runs 7.0.
    03-21-17 12:22 PM
    Aurora runs 7.0.
    Hmmm... I missed that. So BlackBerry is already fragmenting their own builds.
    03-21-17 12:44 PM
    Yup looks that way but in their slight defence, apparently 7.1 wasn't ready for prime time when the KEYone was shown off.
    03-21-17 01:32 PM
    I though that Dtek 60 was running Nougat too!?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 02:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wish.
    03-21-17 02:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well by builds I mean 7.x builds...
    03-21-17 02:12 PM
74 123