Hey I have a new Att Priv that is supposed to be unlocked but I only have an ATT sim for the moment. So I can't know for sure if it is. Is there any way to figure it out? If I insert another carrier's sim what would happen if it wasn't unlocked? I am travelling over seas soon and don't want to end up with an unusable phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-11-16 09:46 PM
    I also inserted a Verizon unactivated sim and in the data apn settings it shows Verizon's apn. Is that proof?

09-11-16 09:47 PM
    I also inserted a Verizon unactivated sim and in the data apn settings it shows Verizon's apn. Is that proof?

I don't know the answer (in older BB phones, you could chekc some setting and it would indicate the status)

I don't know if this shows anything but try Main Settings, About phone (very bottom), Status, Sim Status. At that point mine says Verizon for the Network which it is. Try it with both the AT&T and Verizon sim cards and see what happens or what it shows? Have you tried making a call or using the web (turn wifi off).
    09-12-16 12:00 AM
    Hey I have a new Att Priv that is supposed to be unlocked but I only have an ATT sim for the moment. So I can't know for sure if it is. Is there any way to figure it out? If I insert another carrier's sim what would happen if it wasn't unlocked? I am travelling over seas soon and don't want to end up with an unusable phone.

Some Android phones have the option of checking simlock status in the bootloader menu. Don't know if it's there on Priv.

If it wasn't unlocked and you insert another SIM it would ask you for an unlock code before allowing you to use the SIM. Otherwise the phone should work, connect to the internet via Wi-Fi etc...
    09-12-16 02:08 AM
    I inserted two different sims from other carriers but none of both is activated. The phone didn't ask for any code for both sims but then again it might be because both sims are unactivated.
    09-12-16 04:01 PM
    Check here

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=gM6qS3uW

09-12-16 04:30 PM