What is the main camera pixels on the BlackBerry vs the new iPhone

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 02:18 PM
    What is the main camera pixels on the BlackBerry vs the new iPhone
    See here:

BlackBerry Priv vs. Apple iPhone 6s Plus vs. Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ - GSMArena.com

18MP vs 12MP, but as has been stated in this thread, it's not all about megapixels...
    10-27-15 02:45 PM
    I'm not getting the irony

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 02:52 PM
    Just saying it because people are throwing the people will only buy because of specs and will avoid the lower specs. It could be a Foveon sensor that doesn't exactly translate well with pixel count but take great pictures. The question is what is more important the main camera or the selfie camera to a user. I value low light performance but I use my Canon DSLR for important photos. My phone is just convenient

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-27-15 02:57 PM
    It's not all about mega pixels. Do some research

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 03:32 PM
    I'm not getting the irony

Posted via CB10
    People generally criticize apple devices for being packed with last generation specifications and being late to the party.

Megapixels doesn't make a better camera, but that's the OP's proposed irony.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tufcustomer; 10-27-15 at 03:51 PM.
    GPuba likes this.
    10-27-15 03:38 PM
    We are too hung up on the megapixel thing. That's so 2000. Megapixels are just one aspect of picture quality. I have a 3MP Canon digital from about 2001 that takes better pictures then a 8MP from several years later. Also, we know that the pixel size on the Priv front camera is very large for the class. Should take very adequate pics in lower light conditions and other situations.
    10-27-15 03:48 PM
    I'll put my zero pixel Koni Rapid Omega against any digital camera under $5000 for absolute picture quality. Sure not a bit of zoom but the negative is about 2" x3". Pisses off the tsa when I travel

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 08:29 PM
    Resolution of the selfie cam has got to be about the least important thing on my list of phone features.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    For business users, it's not the "selfie cam," it's the web conferencing camera. It's how you use Skype, BBM Meetings, Oovoo, etc.

I'm not sure that megapixels are the answer, but everyone wants to look better on those calls and everyone looks pretty bad -- except, maybe, for the new iPhone users or MBP users.

Posted via CB10
    WT44 likes this.
    10-27-15 08:49 PM
    It's not all about mega pixels. Do some research

Posted via CB10
    I know! Mega pixels were so last year. My new Sony uses Ultra Mega pixels

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-27-15 09:37 PM
    For business users, it's not the "selfie cam," it's the web conferencing camera. It's how you use Skype, BBM Meetings, Oovoo, etc.

I'm not sure that megapixels are the answer, but everyone wants to look better on those calls and everyone looks pretty bad -- except, maybe, for the new iPhone users or MBP users.

Posted via CB10
    That's why the large pixel size is so much more important than the number of pixels.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-28-15 02:51 PM
    That's why BlackBerry will fail coz they are out of touch with the layman who makes the bulk of the consumers perhaps 99% of the total market.

In actual fact mega pixel do not change the quality of the pictures. You & I know it. However to the ordinary layman on the streets he thinks that the higher mega pixel will give him not only a better camera it also gives him better pictures.

Needless to say he really cannot tell the difference between a better quality picture or not. He just wants to be assured that he has got the better deal for his money.

Yes, One more thing don't be niaeve to ask him to use a DSLR coz it's just too complicated for him to use. All he is comfortable to use is a compact fully automated camera.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 10:59 PM
    That's why the large pixel size is so much more important than the number of pixels.

Reddit user said it still wasn't up to par doe

Check Out TechCraze
    10-30-15 09:44 AM
    Reddit user said it still wasn't up to par doe

Check Out TechCraze
    At the end of the day, you can only pack so much camera into the razor-thin screen portion of the slider. BlackBerry didn't skimp anywhere else on this device, so I don't imagine they skimpped on the camera on purpose to save $10.
    How ironic: Apple has a 5MP front cam, while BlackBerry maintains the 2MP...-crackberry-image-9-_edit.jpg

10-30-15 09:48 AM
    I'd be happier without a front facer. It's always kinda bothered me that if someone wanted to, they could just be looking right at your face.

�ħՖ��Ʀⓣ
    10-30-15 10:44 AM
    I'd be happier without a front facer. It's always kinda bothered me that if someone wanted to, they could just be looking right at your face.

�ħՖ��Ʀⓣ
    Ahhh, but DTEK would alert you of the camera being accessed.

hannahayek likes this.
    10-30-15 10:46 AM
    I'm a professional photographer. I get so frustrated that everyone gets hung up on the number of mega pixels! There's much more to a good image than that! Notice the second line on the Priv spec sheet for front camera? It's the size of each pixel on the sensor. 1.75 is at the higher end of what can be done in such a small camera... and size matters! Larger pixels mean more light gathering, better detail and color sensing. Anyone who doubts this... go to the NASA Mars Rover site, and zoom in on some of the photos, to see the grains of sand...using, you guessed it, a 2MP sensor! OK, much larger and higher quality sensor, but the point is number of pixels is not so critical.

Most high end pro cameras have fewer MP than most consumer cameras... because the public thinks high MP numbers are all that matter.

Further, most "selfies" are never cropped and rarely printed. They are viewed on phones and computer screens. Given a fixed sensor size, fewer pixels generally means better quality (to a point at least)... here's how I've taught it: imagine two squares of window screening, both the same size. The holes in the screen are the pixels, the wires serve only to divide the sensor into pixels. Now if one square has let's say 100 holes, and the other has 300, which can gather more information from the light? The one with fewer holes, because each hole is larger, so more light gets through! The larger number of pixels gives you a bit more "resolution" which means details, at the sacrifice of light quality. But a typical selfie has very little detail, especially at an arms length distance.

OK, end of lesson. :-)

I suspect no one will notice much quality difference because it's 2mp instead of 5mp. Unfortunately the public doesn't get that, so the advertised number may in fact hurt some sales. :-(

Posted via CB10
    One of the best explanations on any topic that I have ever seen on CrackBerry. My photographer friends say this ALL THE TIME! Thank you so much for this.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 12:24 PM
    So as per a Reddit user whose played around with the device, the one major draw back he can find is a poor front facing camera. The extra Megapixels wouldn't make a difference, but Dammit for a premium device that costs a premium you would expect basic functionality to be on point. To clarify, no I'm not a selfie obsessed teenager....or adult.

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...d_and_will_be/

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:19 PM
    So as per a Reddit user whose played around with the device, the one major draw back he can find is a poor front facing camera. The extra Megapixels wouldn't make a difference, but Dammit for a premium device that costs a premium you would expect basic functionality to be on point. To clarify, no I'm not a selfie obsessed teenager....or adult.

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...d_and_will_be/

Posted via CB10
    As I understood it, the front facing camera functionality might still need to be implemented? This wasn't the OP, but someone said:
    "Not even. It doesn't actually take a picture, it just screencaps the preview stream. "

So I wouldn't be judging the front camera based off of this, if it wasn't actually functioning as it would in final release.
    10-30-15 03:18 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Why is that ironic?
    10-30-15 03:24 PM
    People are too dumb to realize that the MP count is only one factor of overall picture quality. It is more of a buzzword to make the dullards feel special. Also, is there anything more ridiculous than a bunch of middle agers crying about the quality of their "selfie" camera? I feel like a ****** just saying the word "selfie".
    10-30-15 03:27 PM
    [QUOTE=B_Rad BurnZ;12030670Also, is there anything more ridiculous than a bunch of middle agers crying about the quality of their "selfie" camera? I feel like a ****** just saying the word "selfie".[/QUOTE]

So wanting a quality product is wrong? People do more than take "selfies" with a front facing camera, which is what it's called btw.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 03:35 PM
    He just wants to be assured that he has got the better deal for his money.
    Apple did a great job at this, advertising photos taken by the *8 MP* iPhone. BlackBerry just needs to do a selfie campaign to address any qualms people might have.
    10-30-15 03:57 PM
    People do more than take "selfies" with a front facing camera, which is what it's called btw.
    As long as they don't start taking "groufies", as LG refers to selfies with a group of people...
    10-30-15 04:01 PM
    As long as they don't start taking "groufies", as LG refers to selfies with a group of people...
    LOL you've got to be kidding me? Are they really marketing like that?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 04:10 PM
129 ... 3456