This is a total fail on BlackBerry side. I know the Priv will not sell & BlackBerry is leaving for hardware market.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:04 PM
    This is a total fail on BlackBerry side. I know the Priv will not sell & BlackBerry is leaving for hardware market.

Posted via CB10
    Because they went with a large pixel size 2MP camera instead of a small pixel size 5MP camera?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    WT44 likes this.
    10-24-15 01:39 PM
    The fact BlackBerry highlighted the pixel size for the front camera suggests to me they couldn't engineer a 5 MPixel camera into the body so went as best as they could with the larger pixel.
    What about Apple? Until last month, their big thing was the back 8 MP camera had 1.5 micron pixels. Are you saying Apple lacks the resources/money to engineer something better and the larger pixel was the best they could come up with to justify 8 MP?
    10-24-15 03:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    https://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/#mn_p
    Even though almost all iPhone have a 1.2 mp front camera... somehow Apple gets a pass. Look at the other specs other than MP...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-24-15 03:48 PM
    Small minded statements like yours is what will send this fine company to its grave. It would be easy for me to support iOS as a company since I'm from the US. But I love BlackBerry and I want to see this Canadian company not only live but thrive.
    I'll be purchasing the Priv. It will be my first PKB BlackBerry and I probably won't use it but, I will support the company I love...the device that is for the full spectrum of smartphone users.

Posted via CB10
    Small minded? That's reality. Proper businesses will have professional photographers or cameras. The iPhone is a consumer phone and focuses on the consumer having the best camera short of a professional.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 04:18 PM
    But you don't want a 5MP selfie. It will make you look ugly!! A 2MP looks a lot better, it hides less of the ugliness.
    10-24-15 07:05 PM
    But you don't want a 5MP selfie. It will make you look ugly!! A 2MP looks a lot better, it hides more of the ugliness.
    FTFY?
    10-24-15 07:18 PM
    https://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/#mn_p
    Even though almost all iPhone have a 1.2 mp front camera... somehow Apple gets a pass. Look at the other specs other than MP...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    True that's because it's Apple & it's an iPhone. So no matter what spec's it is, it will be considered the most modern, most high end & having the best spec's

Only Apple can enjoy this immunity, sorry nobody else.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 11:10 PM
    True that's because it's Apple & it's an iPhone. So no matter what spec's it is, it will be considered the most modern, most high end & having the best spec's

Only Apple can enjoy this immunity, sorry nobody else.

Posted via CB10
    That's correct. The sooner the non-apple users learn this the easier it will be for them to come to terms with their meager and petty existence.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 11:32 PM
    Computing power and camera software are more important than number of pixels... I've got an "18 megapixel" camera that takes crap pix... and a 3.2 megapixel camera that takes amazingly good pix... because it has a lot better software to handle the picture processing...

It's just another number.
    10-25-15 12:43 AM
    You must have contributed to the song "Ironic" by Alannis. 5% of the things in that song was ironic. Maybe taht is why it is ironic.
    But you don't know that the person getting rained on on their wedding day was a weather forecaster with the national meteorological service and chose that day specifically for their wedding... Wait for it... From the Farmer's Almanac! THAT'S why it's ironic. But yeah, the other stuff mostly wasn't.
    10-25-15 10:50 AM
    I love how many of you started trolling around on the "irony" thingy. You all know exactly what I meant with the word. Excuse me for being disappointed with 2 MP while all new devices are aiming at having a 5 MP front camera. And what I meant is that BlackBerry had better specs than Apple in matters of camera. To be honest I do not see people using rear cameras as much as front cameras nowadays.

ため息.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 05:05 PM
    To be honest I do not see people using rear cameras as much as front cameras nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    So you think they prefer it in the front over the rear?

Serious though, unless I missed something, I'd think front cameras are only good for teenagers looking for selfies. I highly doubt that would be the majority of enterprise users...

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-27-15 01:03 AM
    Posted via CB10
    so what priv has a pkb has the iPhone ?............get real will you
    10-27-15 01:20 AM
    Priv is not ironic! It's plastic. Nobody builds phones out of iron ffs!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    KermEd and anon(2313227) like this.
    10-27-15 03:30 AM
    BlackBerry 2 MP is Schneider Kreusnach lens while Apple is using a Taiwan made cheap 5 MP lens (just kidding).

5MP is no better than 2MP if you understand what it is for..........

Posted via CB10
    filanto likes this.
    10-27-15 03:41 AM
    he's a black cat, so more like a mini Panther
    Get pictures of the northern miniature tiger, aka the chipmunk

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 03:53 AM
    It doesn't matter to the general public all they will see I'm afraid is the 2mp spec and thats all. Look what happened to HTC and the M8? It uses ultra pixel technology and is 4mp it takes fantastic pictures especially in low light, but all reviewers were complaining from the beginning it was too low res etc.
    The M8 camera sucked, irregardless of megapixel count.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:24 AM
    So you think they prefer it in the front over the rear?

Serious though, unless I missed something, I'd think front cameras are only good for teenagers looking for selfies. I highly doubt that would be the majority of enterprise users...

Last time I checked, BlackBerry Priv is not just aimed at enterprise users... and they have made the point clear that Priv is for each BlackBerry user that abandoned BlackBerry because of the lack of apps. I also highly doubt that all of you here are entrepreneurs and businessmen... And you can't deny that the smallest things can make big differences.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:36 AM
    I'm a professional photographer. I get so frustrated that everyone gets hung up on the number of mega pixels! There's much more to a good image than that! Notice the second line on the Priv spec sheet for front camera? It's the size of each pixel on the sensor. 1.75 is at the higher end of what can be done in such a small camera... and size matters! Larger pixels mean more light gathering, better detail and color sensing. Anyone who doubts this... go to the NASA Mars Rover site, and zoom in on some of the photos, to see the grains of sand...using, you guessed it, a 2MP sensor! OK, much larger and higher quality sensor, but the point is number of pixels is not so critical.

Most high end pro cameras have fewer MP than most consumer cameras... because the public thinks high MP numbers are all that matter.

Further, most "selfies" are never cropped and rarely printed. They are viewed on phones and computer screens. Given a fixed sensor size, fewer pixels generally means better quality (to a point at least)... here's how I've taught it: imagine two squares of window screening, both the same size. The holes in the screen are the pixels, the wires serve only to divide the sensor into pixels. Now if one square has let's say 100 holes, and the other has 300, which can gather more information from the light? The one with fewer holes, because each hole is larger, so more light gets through! The larger number of pixels gives you a bit more "resolution" which means details, at the sacrifice of light quality. But a typical selfie has very little detail, especially at an arms length distance.

OK, end of lesson. :-)

I suspect no one will notice much quality difference because it's 2mp instead of 5mp. Unfortunately the public doesn't get that, so the advertised number may in fact hurt some sales. :-(

Posted via CB10
    Nice!

Learned from your lesson!

PIN 2COF829A
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 10-27-15 at 05:59 AM.
    10-27-15 05:45 AM
    Last time I checked, BlackBerry Priv is not just aimed at enterprise users... and they have made the point clear that Priv is for each BlackBerry user that abandoned BlackBerry because of the lack of apps. I also highly doubt that all of you here are entrepreneurs and businessmen... And you can't deny that the smallest things can make big differences.

Posted via CB10
    Your missing the hidden message people are sending you.

Half full not half empty glass of water.

PIN 2COF829A
    10-27-15 05:51 AM
    Your missing the hidden message people are sending you.

Half full not half empty glass of water.

PIN 2COF829A
    I tend to be a 'pessimist', unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not targeting consumers though. High end consumer device sales on Android are at an all time low, with multiple companies reporting significant losses in that market segment. And we know, if a Priv and S6 are sitting beside eachother with the same price point in a tmobile booth - that sales rep is going to do everything they can to recommend the S6.

You are right though... I do agree though that BlackBerry needs to start playing the fluffy marketing game if it wants to compete on Android. And pulling an Apple and doctoring specs is necessary if they want any chance of survival on that platform.

10-27-15 09:29 AM
    Narcissist camera is only 2 megapixels, how dare they!

I heard that BB is working on a selfie stick. When used, it bends itself in half and smacks the user over the head with the phone.

Jokes aside: If I'm using BBM video to chat with someone, why would I want to be sending a high-res video, so that I saturate the bandwidth and make the video choppy?
    10-27-15 11:09 AM
    BlackBerry 2 MP is Schneider Kreusnach lens while Apple is using a Taiwan made cheap 5 MP lens (just kidding).

5MP is no better than 2MP if you understand what it is for..........

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately 98% of the people on the streets don't understand this.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 11:45 AM
129 ... 23456