He set himself up to get misquoted... should of never mentioned them in my opinion.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    That's what makes it fun I suppose

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-23-15 10:37 PM
    Can someone point out to me, spec wise, where the iPhone camera is better than the below?

Rear Facing Camera:
    � 18MP Auto-Focus
    � Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
    � Phase Detect Auto Focus (PDAF), Fast focus lock
    � HDR
    � 6-element f2.2 lens
    � Back Side Illumination (BSI2) Stacked Sensor
    � Dual Colour, Dual 2 mm2 LED Flash � Enhanced photo color balance
    � 4k Video Recording: 30 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 60 fps, 6DOF video stabilization combined with OIS for incredibly smooth video
    � 4x digital zoom
    � Continuous & touch to focus, face detection, image stabilization
    � Panorama, Burst, Live Filters
    � Multi-Frame Low Light Enhancement

Front Facing Camera:
    � 2MP Fixed-Focus, f2.8
    � Large 1.75um pixel size
    � Image & video stabilization
    � 720p HD video recording
    � 2x digital zoom
    � Wide Selfie Mode (also known as Selfie Panorama)

Posted via CB10
    Iphone has a better apature, just for starters?. To be honest, let's not be silly, iPhone has always kicked BlackBerry's *** in cameras... so going off of patterns, iPhone 6s camera will murder this, regardless of MP.

I love BlackBerry, I exclusively use BlackBerry, but saying BlackBerry made a better camera is more seeing than hearing about it. Let's not be silly and under play Apple though. Their cameras are one of the most refined things in the iPhone.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-23-15 10:41 PM
    I think it's ironic because various members of this forum tend to bash on iPhone for its last generation specifications. I've done it before too.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 11:00 PM
    3MP extra to see more ugly spots on people's selfie faces yay~!

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    10-23-15 11:02 PM
    I think I am missing the irony?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 11:03 PM
    Front Facing Camera:
    � 2MP Fixed-Focus, f2.8
    � 2x digital zoom

This is definitely not your run of the mill front facing 2mp camera.

Instead of more pixels they went with larger pixels.

I was complaining about BlackBerry's decision to go 2mp before but now no longer.

I have a nikon D610 full frame, nex 6 and a D7000 so I know a little bit about camera technology to know that this is decision is sound.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 05:34 AM
    I'm a professional photographer. I get so frustrated that everyone gets hung up on the number of mega pixels! There's much more to a good image than that! Notice the second line on the Priv spec sheet for front camera? It's the size of each pixel on the sensor. 1.75 is at the higher end of what can be done in such a small camera... and size matters! Larger pixels mean more light gathering, better detail and color sensing. Anyone who doubts this... go to the NASA Mars Rover site, and zoom in on some of the photos, to see the grains of sand...using, you guessed it, a 2MP sensor! OK, much larger and higher quality sensor, but the point is number of pixels is not so critical.

Most high end pro cameras have fewer MP than most consumer cameras... because the public thinks high MP numbers are all that matter.

Further, most "selfies" are never cropped and rarely printed. They are viewed on phones and computer screens. Given a fixed sensor size, fewer pixels generally means better quality (to a point at least)... here's how I've taught it: imagine two squares of window screening, both the same size. The holes in the screen are the pixels, the wires serve only to divide the sensor into pixels. Now if one square has let's say 100 holes, and the other has 300, which can gather more information from the light? The one with fewer holes, because each hole is larger, so more light gets through! The larger number of pixels gives you a bit more "resolution" which means details, at the sacrifice of light quality. But a typical selfie has very little detail, especially at an arms length distance.

OK, end of lesson. :-)

I suspect no one will notice much quality difference because it's 2mp instead of 5mp. Unfortunately the public doesn't get that, so the advertised number may in fact hurt some sales. :-(

Posted via CB10
    I fully agree with you. But are you suggesting we can attach the PRIV to a Mars rover? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 05:43 AM
    BlackBerry users don't have time for selfies!
    Yes, we are robots who don't take off our suits and stop working, ever.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-24-15 05:53 AM
    Front Facing Camera:
    • 2MP Fixed-Focus, f2.8
    • Large 1.75um pixel size
    • Image & video stabilization
    • 720p HD video recording
    • 2x digital zoom
    • Wide Selfie Mode (also known as Selfie Panorama)
    • Multi-Frame Low Light Enhancement

I was complaining about BlackBerry's decision to go 2mp before but now no longer.

I have a nikon D610 full frame, nex 6 and a D7000 so I know a little bit about camera technology to know that this is decision is sound.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter to the general public all they will see I'm afraid is the 2mp spec and thats all. Look what happened to HTC and the M8? It uses ultra pixel technology and is 4mp it takes fantastic pictures especially in low light, but all reviewers were complaining from the beginning it was too low res etc.
    10-24-15 06:24 AM
    It doesn't matter to the general public all they will see I'm afraid is the 2mp spec and thats all. Look what happened to HTC and the M8? It uses ultra pixel technology and is 4mp it takes fantastic pictures especially in low light, but all reviewers were complaining from the beginning it was too low res etc.
    I thought the m8 camera actually wasn't that good.. I also thought there was some kind of purple tint when taking pictures or something..
    10-24-15 07:01 AM
    2M is enough for online meeting.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    0.3mp is enough for that. It's what we all used before the mp boom. And don't forget nobody criticised facetime running on what was iphones front cam? 1.3/1.4mp. If it worked then, what's the problem now exactly?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    10-24-15 07:45 AM
    Forget that now. You don't need it anyway and I don't think that you would buy another phone for only that reason

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:48 AM
    I thought the m8 camera actually wasn't that good.. I also thought there was some kind of purple tint when taking pictures or something..
    My brother has an M8 and the camera takes fantastic pictures. Also very good in low light situations because the larger pixels capture more light, as for purple tinting haven't noticed anything like that on my brother phone. I have a S6 edge while it has one of the best cameras on the market right now, it suffers in low light situations.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-24-15 09:37 AM
    I think if the front facing camera is the Priv's biggest weakness then BlackBerry has made a hell of a device

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 09:43 AM
    Panoramic selfies can't make up for the front camera weakness?
    Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:49 AM
    The fact BlackBerry highlighted the pixel size for the front camera suggests to me they couldn't engineer a 5 MPixel camera into the body so went as best as they could with the larger pixel.

 Passport SE 
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-24-15 11:04 AM
    I fully agree with you. But are you suggesting we can attach the PRIV to a Mars rover? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Well said I was worried about the aperture but then I saw the pixel size we need to get samples on all lighting conditions also the fact that most social media apps like Instagram of I remember right use images of sizes 1080 x 1080 so why does one need 5 or 8 mp... HTC also has a 4mp camera with larger pixels aka ultra pixels and that holds it's own.... Samsung did more mp but used a larger aperture to compensate for light so there multiple ways to get a good shot with varying hardware configurations it boils down to software now..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-24-15 11:20 AM
    The fact BlackBerry highlighted the pixel size for the front camera suggests to me they couldn't engineer a 5 MPixel camera into the body so went as best as they could with the larger pixel.

 Passport SE 
    Exactly people do not notice how thin the screen area is.... I have worked on the torch devices and that was crampted with out a FCC so not bad on bb part they could have tried for a 4mp like HTC but maybe that could not work as it would be to big.. Bear in mind most computers ( laptops) come with 2mp cameras and they have space to house larger autofocus sensors with higher mp counts..... Let's see the samples and judge

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-24-15 11:24 AM
    It is 5 mp please know your facts before posting thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 11:29 AM
    It is 5 mp please know your facts before posting thanks

Posted via CB10

How ironic: Apple has a 5MP front cam, while BlackBerry maintains the 2MP...-crackberry-image-7-_edit.jpg

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-24-15 11:33 AM
    Not high priority for business market.

Small minded statements like yours is what will send this fine company to its grave. It would be easy for me to support iOS as a company since I'm from the US. But I love BlackBerry and I want to see this Canadian company not only live but thrive.
    I'll be purchasing the Priv. It will be my first PKB BlackBerry and I probably won't use it but, I will support the company I love...the device that is for the full spectrum of smartphone users.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 11:41 AM
    Front camera for calling is better with lesser megapixels. Cost you lesser data

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 12:30 PM
    Sometimes you just don't need words . . .

Attachment 377201
    aint america great this is whats important
    10-24-15 12:46 PM
    Front Facing Camera:
    � 2MP Fixed-Focus, f2.8
    � 2x digital zoom

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info. Didn't know they are using large pixels. Hopefully we will see some reviews soon.

10-24-15 12:47 PM
    Small minded statements like yours is what will send this fine company to its grave.
    Posted via CB10
    Agree! When they can do anything with their business they chose to be small minded. That caused their crash.

Now however, they have no intention to get back to their prime in this market anymore, they just want to be a small but profitable niche player so they can focus on their other big plans.

10-24-15 01:01 PM
129 12345 ...