I don't get work done by 5mp front facing camera.
    Front Facing is least important feature for me on this phone so it don't really matter much to me.
    10-23-15 04:15 PM
    I think the typical BlackBerry user even on Android doesn't do selfies.
    Sometimes you just don't need words . . .

How ironic: Apple has a 5MP front cam, while BlackBerry maintains the 2MP...-selfie_girls-e1445519951244.jpg
    10-23-15 04:19 PM
    How ironic: Apple has a 5MP front cam, while BlackBerry maintains the 2MP...
    Perhaps the irony is that it is not really all that significant?
    10-23-15 04:21 PM
    BlackBerry users don't have time for selfies!
    10-23-15 04:31 PM
    I'm a professional photographer. I get so frustrated that everyone gets hung up on the number of mega pixels! There's much more to a good image than that! Notice the second line on the Priv spec sheet for front camera? It's the size of each pixel on the sensor. 1.75 is at the higher end of what can be done in such a small camera... and size matters! Larger pixels mean more light gathering, better detail and color sensing. Anyone who doubts this... go to the NASA Mars Rover site, and zoom in on some of the photos, to see the grains of sand...using, you guessed it, a 2MP sensor! OK, much larger and higher quality sensor, but the point is number of pixels is not so critical.

Most high end pro cameras have fewer MP than most consumer cameras... because the public thinks high MP numbers are all that matter.

Further, most "selfies" are never cropped and rarely printed. They are viewed on phones and computer screens. Given a fixed sensor size, fewer pixels generally means better quality (to a point at least)... here's how I've taught it: imagine two squares of window screening, both the same size. The holes in the screen are the pixels, the wires serve only to divide the sensor into pixels. Now if one square has let's say 100 holes, and the other has 300, which can gather more information from the light? The one with fewer holes, because each hole is larger, so more light gets through! The larger number of pixels gives you a bit more "resolution" which means details, at the sacrifice of light quality. But a typical selfie has very little detail, especially at an arms length distance.

OK, end of lesson. :-)

I suspect no one will notice much quality difference because it's 2mp instead of 5mp. Unfortunately the public doesn't get that, so the advertised number may in fact hurt some sales. :-(

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 05:11 PM
    I thought only self obsessed millenials care about front facing cameras. I have never used one myself.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-23-15 05:16 PM
    HOw ironic bb has 18mp back camera and apple just moved to what 12.

Also the zoom its x2 add wide lines apeture and what ever magic scznerider it actually acts lieka 4 mp front face camera. Htc and ios device have proved that mp is not everything. The sensory level and software is most important.All these cams come from sony anyway.Difference is getting in experts to get the camera working well.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-23-15 05:29 PM
    Would love to see the full specs of both phones side by side. Front and back.
    10-23-15 05:47 PM
    What if I used both cats?
    Are you talking about selfies of you and your fat cat?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 05:48 PM
    I thought only self obsessed millenials care about front facing cameras. I have never used one myself.

Posted via CB10
    And what does that have to do with an apple phone having 5mp front facing while priv has 2?

Your PERSONAL preference isn't the same for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 05:59 PM
    !???:::'',?..?.:...?.!':!!''''':'''''::????',,,,,, ,,,''''''''::'::':::'''''':!!!!''''!'''''''':,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,::::::!!!::::

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails How ironic: Apple has a 5MP front cam, while BlackBerry maintains the 2MP...-img_20151020_091244.jpg   How ironic: Apple has a 5MP front cam, while BlackBerry maintains the 2MP...-img_20151022_094810.jpg   How ironic: Apple has a 5MP front cam, while BlackBerry maintains the 2MP...-img_20151023_190327.jpg   How ironic: Apple has a 5MP front cam, while BlackBerry maintains the 2MP...-img_20151023_153410_hdr.jpg  
    10-23-15 06:09 PM
    This is Ironic, how?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 06:41 PM
    Not high priority for business market.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-23-15 07:00 PM
    Not high priority for business market.

Yep, no one uses Skype or goto meetings or anything like that for meetings.
    10-23-15 07:18 PM
    I think you don't know the definition of 'irony'
    I was thinking the same thing.

Irony is BlackBerry considering their Android device 'secure' while stating it's on par to the BlackPhone (which was hacked in around 5 minutes).

And ironic is how I would describe the titled use of irony.

However, irony is not comparing different products.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-23-15 07:40 PM
    2MP cam is no good for that?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 07:52 PM
    2MP cam is no good for that?

Posted via CB10
    We will see, I'm sure its fine. I bought the phone anyway, was just saying their are business uses and not just selfie uses for front camera.
    10-23-15 07:58 PM
    I was thinking the same thing.

Irony is BlackBerry considering their Android device 'secure' while stating it's on par to the BlackPhone (which was hacked in around 5 minutes).

And ironic is how I would describe the titled use of irony.

However, irony is not comparing different products.

Not sure if you're being hyperbolic, but he didn't hack it in just 5 minutes. He discovered the flaws in advance and then took 5 minutes to carry out the steps. Very big difference. I thought you were better than the click bait headlines.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 08:48 PM
    Not sure if you're being hyperbolic,
    Posted via CB10
    Well I suppose more specifically I was using an exaggerated example in a bit of a mockery - for example purposes not belief purposes, although to be fair that's not really indicated in my post... I could also have gone into discussion about how my understanding is the hack was actually at a publicized event, specifically to help find exploits prior to public release and how it was a positive thing for Blackphone.

But also keep in mind I'm just a (very) busy guy and work 12hr days at a medical company. Volunteering weekends and evenings. And I get about 5 minutes a day to read an article - so I rarely take them at any kind of value unless they are germane to my day to day. Then if I'm lucky, I try to get an hour of BlackBerry time in ... which is usually posting here or working on an app or game. Which is whatever has captured my interest that week.

I put more faith in one of my coworkers who reads a lot and in depth. But myself personally, I'm just a guy who's opinion is of no more or less value than anyone else

Last edited by KermEd; 10-23-15 at 09:34 PM.
    10-23-15 08:56 PM
    We will see, I'm sure its fine. I bought the phone anyway, was just saying their are business uses and not just selfie uses for front camera.
    Androids ain't for business.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2789
    10-23-15 09:17 PM
    What's ironic about that?
    Unless I missed the memo about the irony definition being changed.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:23 PM
    Androids ain't for business.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2789
    Lol!

*V400
    10-23-15 09:43 PM
    Not sure if you're being hyperbolic, but he didn't hack it in just 5 minutes. He discovered the flaws in advance and then took 5 minutes to carry out the steps. Very big difference. I thought you were better than the click bait headlines.

Posted via CB10
    Its all about context, Chen said that Blackphone could make the claim that it was more secure than Blackberry not that the Priv was on par with Blackphone. But of course the media completely misquoted him.
    10-23-15 09:45 PM
    2M is enough for online meeting.

10-23-15 10:01 PM
    Its all about context, Chen said that Blackphone could make the claim that it was more secure than Blackberry not that the Priv was on par with Blackphone. But of course the media completely misquoted him.
    He set himself up to get misquoted... should of never mentioned them in my opinion.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-23-15 10:09 PM
129 1234 ...