In light of the surge of resellers selling the US Priv unlocked, here is a list of retailers that are selling the factory unlocked Priv, as per BlackBerry.

United States
    • Shop BlackBerry Direct
    • Walmart
    • Newegg (as the seller)
    • B&H Photo Video
    • Best Buy (as the seller)
    • Amazon (as the seller)
    • Ingram Micro Retailers (e.g. DirectDial)

Canada
    • Shop BlackBerry Direct
    • Staples
    • Newegg (as the seller)
    • Amazon (as the seller)
    • Ingram Micro Retailers (e.g. NCIX, Canada Computers, CDW, ShopCrackBerry Canada, Blueshop.ca, ShopAndroid Canada)

Note for some of the sellers highlighted above, ensure that the seller is themselves, and NOT a third party seller. This includes, for Amazon, third party sellers fulfilled by Amazon. Third party sellers with a significantly lower price than $649 ($829 in Canada) is more than likely a reseller selling an AT&T refurbished unit.

Another way of identifying the variant is on the box. Note the PRD code on the label:

How to identify a factory unlocked US Priv  and avoid AT&T unlocked units-img_20160505_2033120.jpg

Unlocked units are PRD-60027-008, where as AT&T units are PRD-60027-001. They come in a black box, as opposed to an orange AT&T box. Unlocked units, while more expensive, guarantees that you are not bound to the carrier's release schedule, and you will not need an active SIM to receive updates.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 05-05-16 at 08:06 PM.
    05-05-16 07:45 PM
    In light of the surge of resellers selling the US Priv unlocked, here is a list of retailers that are selling the factory unlocked Priv, as per BlackBerry.

United States
    • Shop BlackBerry Direct
    • Walmart
    • Newegg (as the seller)
    • B&H Photo Video
    • Best Buy (as the seller)
    • Amazon (as the seller)
    • Ingram Micro Retailers (e.g. DirectDial)

Canada
    • Shop BlackBerry Direct
    • Staples
    • Newegg (as the seller)
    • Amazon (as the seller)
    • Ingram Micro Retailers (e.g. NCIX, Canada Computers, CDW, ShopCrackBerry Canada, Blueshop.ca, ShopAndroid Canada)

Note for some of the sellers highlighted above, ensure that the seller is themselves, and NOT a third party seller. This includes, for Amazon, third party sellers fulfilled by Amazon. Third party sellers with a significantly lower price than $649 ($829 in Canada) is more than likely a reseller selling an AT&T refurbished unit.

Another way of identifying the variant is on the box. Note the PRD code on the label:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160505_2033120.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	399107

Unlocked units are PRD-60027-008, where as AT&T units are PRD-60027-001. They come in a black box, as opposed to an orange AT&T box. Unlocked units, while more expensive, guarantees that you are not bound to the carrier's release schedule, and you will not need an active SIM to receive updates.
    Good idea to post this. I was one of the stupid ones. I didn't do enough research and am now stuck with this AT&T piece of crap. But it's totally my fault.

posted from my Priv without Marshmallow cause it's an AT&T model
    05-05-16 08:21 PM
    My phone came in a orange box but has the same numbers you posted for the unlocked phone. Does that mean I have a locked BlackBerry Priv? My numbers are BlackBerry Priv Black STV100-1
    PRD 60027-001 Model RHK211LW
    05-24-16 06:23 PM
    My phone came in a orange box but has the same numbers you posted for the unlocked phone. Does that mean I have a locked BlackBerry Priv? My numbers are BlackBerry Priv Black STV100-1
    PRD 60027-001 Model RHK211LW
    You have an AT&T locked Priv. You can carrier unlock it to be used on different gsm networks, but your updates will be tied to AT&T.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    05-24-16 07:10 PM
    You have an AT&T locked Priv. You can carrier unlock it to be used on different gsm networks, but your updates will be tied to AT&T.

You can get the AT&T autoloaders here at crackberry when new ones come out! I bought one of those AT&T unlocked units and operating system was 2 versions old. So I got the latest autoloader from here and installed it on my phone and I now have the latest AT&T update! When AT&T brings out version 6.0 I will do the same when the autoloader becomes available here. I have no battery issues or over heating of battery, i use my phone medium duty use over the course of my day 12hrs and have 30% average left of battery charge.
    05-24-16 07:23 PM
    Just another example,

I bought locked AT&T Priv from ebay and unlocked it myself. It came with a white box with AT&T logo in front. It has PRD-60027-004 on the label.
    05-25-16 02:04 AM
    You can also just get an at&t go phone sim card, activate it with no credits and update your phone.
    05-26-16 10:02 PM
    Just another example,

I bought locked AT&T Priv from ebay and unlocked it myself. It came with a white box with AT&T logo in front. It has PRD-60027-004 on the label.
    That doesn't free you from the AT&T update system.

05-27-16 12:11 AM
    That doesn't free you from the AT&T update system.
    Sadly it does not. I am saying that from my experience AT&T Priv label also ends with 004, not only 001.
    05-27-16 01:03 AM
    Thanks for the post. So where can I find this at&t autoloader

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 01:39 AM
    Thanks for the post. So where can I find this at&t autoloader

Posted via CB10
    There is one for the February update in the autoloader sticky. Nothing else.
    05-27-16 07:45 AM
    There is no substitute for asking the seller Before you buy! How difficult is that?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-27-16 08:53 AM
    I had no idea that there were Autoloader for any Android unit, I remember factory Images that you could install, why don't u post a link to the Autoloader please?

05-27-16 08:55 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/

You will have to find the version that matches your model and/or carrier. Do NOT try loading another carrier's or model's version.
    05-27-16 10:35 AM
    Just saw a new Priv advertised stating PRD-60027-005

Shows a pic of the Black BlackBerry Box etc stating it's unlocked. Is this a factory unlocked model for the US?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 11:20 AM
    There is no substitute for asking the seller Before you buy! How difficult is that?

It's getting an accurate answer from most of the resellers that is difficult. Most don't, (or didn't) know the difference between Factory Unlocked and Carrier Unlocked.
    Then - Amazon puts all the questions and answers from the different vendors, and customer replys all in the same place.

I had no idea that there were Autoloader for any Android unit, I remember factory Images that you could install, why don't u post a link to the Autoloader please?
    Sticky, on first page of this forum
    05-28-16 01:07 PM
    Just saw a new Priv advertised stating PRD-60027-005

Shows a pic of the Black BlackBerry Box etc stating it's unlocked. Is this a factory unlocked model for the US?

Posted via CB10
    Link?

There's also a possibility of T-Mobile units as well, though those ones seem less of a concern considering T-Mobile already have 2 betas for MM released, so does look like they intend on keeping the Priv updated.
    05-28-16 01:18 PM
    Link?

There's also a possibility of T-Mobile units as well, though those ones seem less of a concern considering T-Mobile already have 2 betas for MM released, so does look like they intend on keeping the Priv updated.
    Yes you're right - the seller confirmed it was a TMOBILE phone.

Posted via CB10
    Wezard likes this.
    05-29-16 01:22 AM
    Know this is an old thread, but is there any code you can enter in the dial pad to pull up the PRD of a Verizon STV100-2 PRIV? Also, if it gets too hot because of usage or outdoor temperatures, how much heat can this baby take before it adversely affects the device? What is the optimal temperature operating range?
    07-13-22 02:10 AM
    Know this is an old thread, but is there any code you can enter in the dial pad to pull up the PRD of a Verizon STV100-2 PRIV? Also, if it gets too hot because of usage or outdoor temperatures, how much heat can this baby take before it adversely affects the device? What is the optimal temperature operating range?
    What will you do with the PRD?
    07-13-22 05:22 AM
    The temperature at which it shuts down....
    07-13-22 07:02 AM
    The temperature at which it shuts down....
    Interestingly, I've never run into a heat problem w/ my Priv, whereas my KEYᵒⁿᵉ had a day where it gave me warning after warning and became glitchy beyond belief. Actually now that I think about it this may be when my worse-than-even-priv lag spikes started.

I've seen some few "closing around tasks to save memory" type notifs (not exact phrasing, of course) but oddly maybe even by sheer coincidence I've never had my Priv shut down or give me red flags specifically about temp 🤔
    07-13-22 03:51 PM
    What will you do with the PRD?
    Figure out if it is a T-Mobile or AT&T device ...
    07-26-22 01:09 AM
    Figure out if it is a T-Mobile or AT&T device ...
    But we don't have a list of PRD numbers (and to whom they are assigned), so the information is useless.
    07-26-22 04:57 AM
    But we don't have a list of PRD numbers (and to whom they are assigned), so the information is useless.
    So, were those PRD numbers more randomly assigned for Priv? As opposed to the Key and Motion series, where they were more specific to carrier and region?
    07-26-22 07:36 AM
44 12