I know it's only just released, but please let us know how people are reacting to your new PRIV. I'm interested in checking this post over the next few weeks for reactions. Thanks!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    11-06-15 04:46 PM
    Much better than reactions to passport. No one has said 'wtf is that?!'

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    nokia4life and geekaren like this.
    11-06-15 04:49 PM
    Went I got my phone I could barely get it back from the Rogers rep. He was more excited that I was. Lol.

11-06-15 04:53 PM
    I've noticed people are interested. Also, all sales people I've dealt with were positive about it.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:57 PM
    It really is a nice Android device...will take some getting used to, but so many more apps available!

Combines the best of all previous BB devices...slider works great, is well-balanced and easy to use.

AT&T Priv
    11-06-15 05:06 PM
    Was going to buy this morning at ATT, but I decided to check it out for 20 minutes first. Lots of positives but here were the deal breakers, for now. Disappointed in the keyboard - cramped, tiny keys; found myself saying eff it and using the vkb. Also, the OS is complex and seems to always involve extra steps compared to BB10 on my Z30. I think I will hold off.
    11-06-15 05:09 PM
    Was going to buy this morning at ATT, but I decided to check it out for 20 minutes first. Lots of positives but here were the deal breakers, for now. Disappointed in the keyboard - cramped, tiny keys; found myself saying eff it and using the vkb. Also, the OS is complex and seems to always involve extra steps compared to BB10 on my Z30. I think I will hold off.
    The keyboard size is a bit smaller than a non-slider smartphone's keyboard but easy enough to use. I have noticed a more vertical key-press is necessary to fully activate the key. I have been waiting for the marriage of my BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q5; it has arrived in the form of the BlackBerry Priv (Privacy, Privilege).
    11-06-15 05:19 PM
    Yeah keyboard is something I really have to get used to coming from my Passport.

11-06-15 05:21 PM
    What's bad is, BB10 took extra steps over BB07...

Example, if you highlighted a call in what is now called the HUB in BB07, it would simply return the call. BB10 takes you to the phone app where you have to highlight the call a second time to return the call. Now you're saying they've found a way to add even more steps...
    John Doe99 likes this.
    That was kind of what I got from the videos.

I'm going to spend some time with one in a store 2 -3 times before I decide. It's a big investment as I'm buying outright to keep my plan. Need to be sure.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30

Example, if you highlighted a call in what is now called the HUB in BB07, it would simply return the call. BB10 takes you to the phone app where you have to highlight the call a second time to return the call. Now you're saying they've found a way to add even more steps...
    This was only added since 10.3 I believe. It was particularly annoying beforehand because one could easily pocket dial through the hub.
    11-06-15 07:07 PM
    Several of my employees were impressed and said they wanted one, the ones that usually crack jokes about my BlackBerry. It was quite the topic of conversation at my office today.

11-06-15 07:10 PM

Generally you are right but I think when u highlight a missed call in hub it immediately dial that number.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:26 PM
    I am not concern what other folks think...that is why I use a Blackberry Z30 not an IPHONE. I was thinking of buying this until I saw and touched a Priv at a ATT store. This is just my opinion and I do not speak for everyone else. Phone just does not scream (Premium) It felt cheap compared to other BB devices and the battery drained 3% in less than 5 minutes when I played on the interface. Keyboard was too small and I have average hands for a guy, not big. The camera is average for a flagship and the phone felt hot during my time with it. I immediately went on my Z30 to read some reviews and guess what? The same issues being reported from other sources and folks. I brought my Z30 new unlocked from BB 3 months ago and have never experience any of the above mentioned problems except very average camera quality. I would rather have function over fashion any day. Good luck with your Priv. I personally in good conscience would not pay full retail for the Priv.
    11-06-15 07:49 PM
    Generally you are right but I think when u highlight a missed call in hub it immediately dial that number.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, highlight a missed call and hit the menu button and it takes you to a callback screen and if you hit the green phone button it takes you to the phone application.
    11-06-15 08:55 PM
    This was only added since 10.3 I believe. It was particularly annoying beforehand because one could easily pocket dial through the hub.
    So one person's fix is another person's annoyance. I still have the habit from BB07 of hitting the lock button before I put it in my pocket. The problem with BB10 is the lock button doesn't lock the keyboard, just the screen... BB07 the lock button locked the keys so you didn't have an issue with **** dials...
    11-06-15 08:57 PM
    Let someone mess around with it, they will be like cool android, then tell them to push the screen up, the pkb shocks them.
    11-06-15 08:59 PM
    I am not concern what other folks think...that is why I use a Blackberry Z30 not an IPHONE. I was thinking of buying this until I saw and touched a Priv at a ATT store. This is just my opinion and I do not speak for everyone else. Phone just does not scream (Premium) It felt cheap compared to other BB devices and the battery drained 3% in less than 5 minutes when I played on the interface. Keyboard was too small and I have average hands for a guy, not big. The camera is average for a flagship and the phone felt hot during my time with it. I immediately went on my Z30 to read some reviews and guess what? The same issues being reported from other sources and folks. I brought my Z30 new unlocked from BB 3 months ago and have never experience any of the above mentioned problems except very average camera quality. I would rather have function over fashion any day. Good luck with your Priv. I personally in good conscience would not pay full retail for the Priv.
    So I'm curious...'How have people reacted to your new Priv'?

11-06-15 09:02 PM
    Let someone mess around with it, they will be like cool android, then tell them to push the screen up, the pkb shocks them.
    Looks cool, nice specs but it's taller and wider than the Classic so I don't think I'll be getting one. Perhaps they will consider the 9900 form factor with Android OS next????
    11-06-15 09:04 PM
    Neutral...
    11-06-15 09:05 PM
    My thoughts exactly.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:57 PM
    This thread went way off topic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-06-15 10:27 PM
    Friends laughed at me and the phone as has become a traction every time I get a new blackberry but this time around I can tell them it has every app you can want and touch and slider and most of them are interested. A lot of my friends rock the iphone/bbbry combo or iphone/typo so they are interested in if this device can replace two phones. And when I showed my wife the phone she said "finally", in reference to blackberry should have done this year's ago.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:10 PM
    Several of my employees were impressed and said they wanted one, the ones that usually crack jokes about my BlackBerry. It was quite the topic of conversation at my office today.

Exactly the same experience, my staff often make fun of my passport and classic and call me old. Ironically today a few of these same people approached talking about how the priv looked cool and wanted to know when I was getting one so they can check it out.

I was unsure on buying the Priv right away but my team swayed me so I'll be showing it off Monday.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:17 PM
    I had a very awful experience.

Being I'm a Verizon user I didn't want to miss out and make the at&t guy at work think he was superior, so I devised a plan. I took an old hp graphing calculator and hot glued it to a nintendo Gameboy sp. Not only did they catch on real quick I was a poser but I still couldn't get the Instagram app to see what they were saying about me. Right back to square one.

Posted via CB10
    TimeLikeInfinity likes this.
    11-06-15 11:46 PM
62 123