Having terrible battery life on your Priv, even after turning off connections, lowering brightness, closing apps? I have the solution.

The biggest battery grab is the background apps and services that you don't see, and without going into app manager, cannot stop or shut down.

The solution: download Greenify

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sfeng.greenify

Greenify is an app that detects running apps in the background and "hibernates" them until the next time opened. A good example is Crackberry.

Just open the app, click the settings button on the top right corner, set a desktop shortcut and your golden.

Good luck everyone. Previously to using the app i would get about 10 - 12 hours. I am now scoring 20+

Have fun.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 11:48 AM
    Greeeeeeat! Another useless app solution to "optimize" your device! Now everyone download a RAM Manager and AntiVirus and everything's "fine"...

Posted via CB10
    ce71, gvs1341, John Doe99 and 3 others like this.
    11-20-15 11:54 AM
    Having terrible battery life on your Priv, even after turning off connections, lowering brightness, closing apps? I have the solution.

The biggest battery grab is the background apps and services that you don't see, and without going into app manager, cannot stop or shut down.

The solution: download Greenify

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sfeng.greenify

Greenify is an app that detects running apps in the background and "hibernates" them until the next time opened. A good example is Crackberry.

Just open the app, click the settings button on the top right corner, set a desktop shortcut and your golden.

Good luck everyone. Previously to using the app i would get about 10 - 12 hours. I am now scoring 20+

Have fun.

Are you using the phone heavly?
    11-20-15 11:59 AM
    Greeeeeeat! Another useless app solution to "optimize" your device! Now everyone download a RAM Manager and AntiVirus and everything's "fine"...

Posted via CB10
    Useless? Maybe try using before making a dumbass remark like that.

11-20-15 12:13 PM
    Are you using the phone heavly?
    Yes i am

11-20-15 12:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    There's (Cr)app for that!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android - Priv Until Death do Us Part
    11-20-15 04:11 PM
    Get a passport silver edition or BlackBerry Z30. It will definitely give you ~25 hours of battery life.

Don't use any Android apps in the background in BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 04:40 PM
    BlackBerry Z30. It will definitely give you ~25 hours of battery life.

Don't use any Android apps in the background in BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    None of those statement are actually true.

11-20-15 04:46 PM
    None of those statement are actually true.

Well, it depends on your usage too ok... ? Why do you said non of those statement are actually true?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 09:02 PM
    Well, it depends on your usage too ok... ? Why do you said non of those statement are actually true?

Posted via CB10
    Unless it is on stand by and you do not use it at all, it will not give you 25 hrs on a single charge, specially when BlackBerry has it rated to "up to 25 hours mixed use"
    A lot of Android applications are able to run in the background on BB10. Instagram and any app on which you can set a task to run on a schedule, any app that uses push notifications, even when you are not able to receive them
    11-20-15 10:00 PM
    My battery life is good to go. Good post though, nice to see you were able to find a solution and share that. Too bad there's some weird commentary here at CrackBerry these days. I'm making this up but it seems like for every 25 posts of bad reviewers making wack 'reviews', or random problems with the PRIV launch batch, there's a decent post like this.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 11:30 PM
    I have actually used Greenify myself on android and it is a great app, however it does tend to be alil more useful if you're rooted.
    11-21-15 07:43 AM
    I don't know which part to believe. That you actually use your phone, used to get 10-12 hours of battery, and are now getting 20.

These battery threads are the Z10 threads all over again. No matter how many reviews, websites, posts here on CrackBerry that there are saying that the battery life is poor to average at best there will always be people coming in saying "I get 84 hours on mine, battery life is great!!" with some tweak or setting that is supposed to miraculously make it better.

Oh yeah, or let the device "settle" more.
    11-21-15 07:58 AM
    I don't know which part to believe. That you actually use your phone, used to get 10-12 hours of battery, and are now getting 20.

These battery threads are the Z10 threads all over again. No matter how many reviews, websites, posts here on CrackBerry that there are saying that the battery life is poor to average at best there will always be people coming in saying "I get 84 hours on mine, battery life is great!!" with some tweak or setting that is supposed to miraculously make it better.

Oh yeah, or let the device "settle" more.
    Totally agree! I love the posts where they give completely abstract information... like: I got 17 hours with moderate use!

I'm like, really? What the hell does "moderate" mean? Moderate to one person can be light or heavy to another. Adjectives and battery graphs are pointless. The best indicator to battery life is total screen time - and even that is not perfect if you throw in other factors, like the total amount of time spent on voice calls, streaming services, etc.

At the end of the day... the Priv seems to provide 4.5 to 5.5 hours of screen time. With a simple 30-60 minute midday "Quick Charge", you can easily extend that past 8 hours. It's not difficult. All it takes is a little forethought.
    11-21-15 08:13 AM
    Totally agree! I love the posts where they give completely abstract information... like: I got 17 hours with moderate use!

I'm like, really? What the hell does "moderate" mean? Moderate to one person can be light or heavy to another. Adjectives and battery graphs are pointless. The best indicator to battery life is total screen time - and even that is not perfect if you throw in other factors, like the total amount of time spent on voice calls, streaming services, etc.

At the end of the day... the Priv seems to provide 4.5 to 5.5 hours of screen time. With a simple 30-60 minute midday "Quick Charge", you can easily extend that past 8 hours. It's not difficult. All it takes is a little forethought.
    Snapchat and BBM every 3 mins all day. I consider that Heavy usage.

11-23-15 01:33 PM
    I get 12 hours of use. I'm going to try this and update later to see how it fairs. Thanks for the suggestion.

PS: On another note, it's quite unfortunate that you NEED apps on Android. I miss the BB10 days where it was good to go, no additional apps needed to get the most functionality out of your device. Too bad Snapchat, Instagram and Netflix weren't available on it.

11-23-15 03:08 PM
    I'm like 95% sure that OP created this app

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 03:26 PM