Hi I work as a project manager at a consulting firm, and sometimes we do alot of subcontracting/partnerships etc in which I often have to use multiple corporate email accounts, we dont use BES and my company mainly uses exchange.

now my question is I have been switching between Classic / Passports / Note5 and below are the things I hate with each, will the Priv do any better?

Classic - battery dies quick / slow-ish / even slower with android apps
    Passport - pretty good all round, but somestimes quite difficult to use with 1 hand (I live in hk so alot of public transport where I kinda need 1 hand on the lever)
    Note5 - amazing for media/gaming and camera/app support, but totally sucks for email experience, I mean whenever I am on the Note5 I typically wait till I get to my laptop to do emails.

my Priv is on its way to me, so lets hear what you guys think
    Xeak likes this.
    11-20-15 12:48 PM
    Priv will do a decent job at what the Passport does great - email and productivity
    Priv will do a decent job at what the Note 5 does great - media/gaming/camera/app support

Great all around device(still enjoy mine) but I wouldn't put it better that those other two for what they do best.
    11-20-15 01:24 PM
    One hand use is not as good as my Z10 because of the wider screen. I hope BlackBerry will consider a one hand mode / option with the vkb.

The pkb is awesome. The deluge of apps is nice. Google Maps are awesome.

The Hub needs work to be on par with BB10. I miss the swipe up and peek functionality. I don't really like the Android notification shade. ( I would prefer everything to go to Hub only. I do like the media player controls from the notification pull-down shade). The earphones max output level is not as loud as the Z10. The speaker is very nice. But has much higher low-volume static white background noise as compared to my Z10.

Overall I really like it. But, it is far from perfect. I keep in mind that I kinda felt the same way about the Z10 until it went through a couple of system updates. So I am optimistic about the future of the PRIV and BlackBerry efforts with Android going forward.

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    11-20-15 02:22 PM
    Hi I work as a project manager at a consulting firm, and sometimes we do alot of subcontracting/partnerships etc in which I often have to use multiple corporate email accounts, we dont use BES and my company mainly uses exchange.

now my question is I have been switching between Classic / Passports / Note5 and below are the things I hate with each, will the Priv do any better?

Passport - pretty good all round, but somestimes quite difficult to use with 1 hand (I live in hk so alot of public transport where I kinda need 1 hand on the lever)
    Note5 - amazing for media/gaming and camera/app support, but totally sucks for email experience, I mean whenever I am on the Note5 I typically wait till I get to my laptop to do emails.

What do I think? I think a PM for a consulting firm should worry more about email functionality and less about gaming.

In all seriousness... I can think of two things:

1) Keyboard. Coming from a Passport, when I first looked at the Priv keyboard I thought, "What?!? I'm supposed to type on that?" The keyboard will seem very small to you at first, but like all keyboards on phones, there is a learning curve. I'm now as fast and efficient on the Priv as I was on the Passport.

2) Battery. I heard a lot about this powerful battery, and therefore, had high expectations. The truth is... you can realistically expect only between 4.5 to 5.5 hours of real screen time on a single charge. This isn't necessarily great... but with the quick-charging capability... a little midday charge makes life easier.
    11-20-15 02:34 PM

I'm a professional engineer, so I can relate somewhat. This was my rating for business use, I excluded gaming since this will go to the Priv on all counts.

Keyboard - Passport
    Responsiveness - Passport
    Stability - Passport
    Battery Life - Passport
    Email - Passport
    Messaging - Passport
    Security - Passport
    Productivity - Passport
    Durability - Passport
    Phone - Passport
    File management - Passport
    Documents - Passport

Engineering apps - Priv
    Camera - Priv

Honestly, for me, there was no competition for business use. Swiping through email, documents, messaging, web, calendar, etc., was just so much better on the Passport.
    Xeak likes this.
    11-20-15 03:22 PM