I can't imagine that magnet handling the weight of the OTG cable, DAC, and headphones cable as I remove the phone from the belt clip, use it, and replace it. But it is an intrguing concept. Heck, I may even try one.

Out of curiosity, why a bunch of 15-inch lengths?
    Just long enough to get behind or provide access to the usb ports on some items. My tv is on a mounting bracket that makes access to its 4 usb ports hard. So I just connected a few of these kind of permanently and thumb drives just plug right in. Same with my computer's rear usb ports - just harder to get to. I do also have some longer lengths.

I do like the looks/utility of those magnetic adapters but I'm a gizmo junkie! One review even mentioned on-the-go. I have had my encounters with cables I forget were plugged in or caught on a foot and yanked the device as well as the cable.
    03-03-17 07:29 PM
    Just long enough to get behind or provide access to the usb ports on some items. My tv is on a mounting bracket that makes access to its 4 usb ports hard. So I just connected a few of these kind of permanently and thumb drives just plug right in. Same with my computer's rear usb ports - just harder to get to. I do also have some longer lengths.

I do like the looks/utility of those magnetic adapters but I'm a gizmo junkie! One review even mentioned on-the-go. I have had my encounters with cables I forget were plugged in or caught on a foot and yanked the device as well as the cable.
    My wife refers to that as a clumsy klutz. She refers to that quite often.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-03-17 07:42 PM
    My wife refers to that as a clumsy klutz. She refers to that quite often.
    So you continue to provide fodder to your loving wife!
    03-03-17 07:48 PM
    All the time
    anon(3732391) and FF22 like this.
    03-03-17 08:10 PM
    I can't imagine that magnet handling the weight of the OTG cable, DAC, and headphones cable as I remove the phone from the belt clip, use it, and replace it. But it is an intrguing concept. Heck, I may even try one.

Oh, come on! Use your imagination!!

HEY F2:
    Get a disclaimer on your post....PRONTO!!!
    03-03-17 08:21 PM
    Originally Posted by FF22

All the time

I had no idea just HOW kinky you are!

My fodder left the planet years ago.
    03-03-17 08:25 PM
    Originally Posted by FF22

I had no idea just HOW kinky you are!

My fodder left the planet years ago.
    That's not the only thing you let slip away!
    03-03-17 08:45 PM
    Originally Posted by classact

Oh, come on! Use your imagination!!

This is probably a good time to remind everyone "There Is NO Hope."
    (Well, it's just something you should remember.)

Now then...
    I prefer to keep a low profile. I'm not one that likes to attract attention but at times I feel compelled to offer a view that most would never consider.
    (just for example purposes I'll us F2)
    You read the simple answers, the full unabridged answer and even had the opportunity to do a professional Test, yet you picked the guy with the badge. (a good and safe choice) one I could NEVER settle for, but then I'm not from around here . I've always looked at the entire area... accessed the entire issue before buyers remorse sets in.

Keep in mind, I am not suggesting that F2 may not be who he appears to be, to you. OK..Anyway, then there's the tell-tale sign that he isn't exactly the indoor type. And,I'm not even going to get into the fact that you don't even know this guy.
    As I mentioned earlier, I'm just using F2 to create a more believable picture. When you make your final decision, try not to confuse these "examples " with what you already decided to do. And although it wasn't mentions, I'm sure you have every intention of getting an insurance policy

HEY F2:
    Get a disclaimer on your post....PRONTO!!!
    03-03-17 09:06 PM

I was about to unsubscribe from this thread but your comment about returning to the topic gives me a glimpse of hope. (I feel like I'll live to regret it but what the heck.)

Well, it seems that your idea of using an extension cable might solve or mitigate your concerns. If those magnetic adapters carry all of the wire connections like a regular usb cable, it probably would be used for a usb-on-the-go. I purchased about 1/2 dozen about 15 inch long extensions from Monoprice.com at a reasonable price. I've purchased tons of cables of all types from them.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    Well, it seems, probably it might!( His words, not mine)

Classact... Considering your "issue" isn't exactly a Blackberry issue, perhaps you may have better luck starting on the other end.
    By the way, the rest of us, having unsubscribed several posts earlier, we were wondering when you'd get off.
    (Hey, you guys own me 20 bucks each)

All things considered, we at least tried to talk you out of it. Tha's gotta count for something.
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 03-03-17 at 10:01 PM.
    03-03-17 09:36 PM
    Were you taken a-back to the woodshed?

In any event, we should probably concentrate on usb port durability or NOT?

I checked on those magnetic thing-a-ma-jigs but the reviews were all over the place.

Having come this far with comments including "maybe,"and "If" and going from bungy jumping to completely taking the device apart, I have to conclude that whatever it is you're concentrating on probably leans more to deciding what to have for breakfast.
    03-03-17 09:57 PM

I was about to unsubscribe from this thread but your comment about returning to the topic gives me a glimpse of hope. (I feel like I'll live to regret it but what the heck.)

Well, it seems that your idea of using an extension cable might solve or mitigate your concerns. If those magnetic adapters carry all of the wire connections like a regular usb cable, it probably would be used for a usb-on-the-go. I purchased about 1/2 dozen about 15 inch long extensions from Monoprice.com at a reasonable price. I've purchased tons of cables of all types from them.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    Well, it seems, probably it might!( His words, not mine)

Classact... Considering your "issue" isn't exactly a Blackberry issue, perhaps you may have better luck starting on the other end.
    By the way, the rest of us, having unsubscribed several posts earlier, we were wondering when you'd get off.
    (Hey, you guys own me 20 bucks each)

All things considered, we at least tried to talk you out of it. Tha's gotta count for something.
    20 bucks apiece to own you? I'm in!
    03-03-17 10:37 PM
    Aren't those magnetic things a waste of time for the application in question when one considers that it's not just a simple USB adapter cable being connected between the phone and the DAC? It's an "OTG" USB cable.
    Good point. I have a few coming my way by post, and I'll update if they conform with the USB OTG spec.

On another note, I'm not sure a magnet would degrade audio (bits) over a serial, digital, connection. Unless it's not making adequate contact of course.
    03-03-17 10:39 PM
    Good point. I have a few coming my way by post, and I'll update if they conform with the USB OTG spec.

On another note, I'm not sure a magnet would degrade audio (bits) over a serial, digital, connection. Unless it's not making adequate contact of course.
    Cool. I'm thinking of ordering one myself to try it out, too. I agree it may be fine if it's a genuine pass-through of the digital signal with minimal signal degradation -- since the OTG cable is still going to be inline past this connector. And if the magnet is reasonably strong, could be great.

Note that I may drop off this thread if the email notifications keep distracting me with nonsense posts. (I did unsubscribe but luckily CB is currently sending two email notifications, the other being if you were quoted.)

If I drop off, I'll try to remember to PM you to let you know, in which case I'll ask you to please PM me when you get it.

Thanks!
    03-03-17 10:45 PM
    This model doesn't have the strongest port compare to other models doesn't have any support around it compare to the classic and Z10

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 06:16 PM
39 12