When playing high demanding games?
    02-02-16 03:40 PM
    its a phone, not a gaming device. get a ps4
    andy957 likes this.
    02-02-16 03:40 PM
    you're right why the heck would the play store have games to begin with along with apples app store and heck why not even bb world how dare they think about putting games on phones. heck since its a phone why would they even let us surf the internet or send emails and text messages i think its just too much if it can do more than make a phone call.
    dhack21 and The_Passporter like this.
    02-02-16 03:47 PM
    I found my wife's Priv was lagging on a simple game I tested the other day (run in crowd). Haven't tried anything else however.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 05:14 PM
    I found my wife's Priv was lagging on a simple game I tested the other day (run in crowd). Haven't tried anything else however.

Posted via CB10
    There are no real mobile games that test the 810, or 808. If the app was lagging it could be the phone itself, wireless data connection, or even the compatibility of the app with the priv.

The 808 chip is solid for nearly all games on mobile.

BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.2)
    02-02-16 05:22 PM
    you're right why the heck would the play store have games to begin with along with apples app store and heck why not even bb world how dare they think about putting games on phones. heck since its a phone why would they even let us surf the internet or send emails and text messages i think its just too much if it can do more than make a phone call.
    App store? Where is this?

Curve > Z10 > Z30 > Passport > Priv
    02-02-16 07:47 PM
    I played a bunch on it.. never had any performance issues.

Poor bugger got very very hot though and it'll chew through the battery
    02-02-16 11:30 PM
    Works better than any phone or tablet that I might use for gaming, but then again, I reserve any serious gaming for the several consoles or PC I have.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 12:15 AM
    get a ps4 if you want to play games
    02-03-16 12:31 AM
    get a ps4 if you want to play games
    stupid comment to make.

Between work and the kids, i dont have time to sit down and game at home on a PC/PS4/Xbox. if I want to destress and unwind with a bit of gaming I tend to only get the opportunity on the train/bus or maybe at lunchtime or where ever I am...

Gaming is a large and complete legitimate part of my phones intended purpose for me.
    david7saad likes this.
    02-03-16 12:34 AM
    [QUOTE=senectus;12245352]stupid comment to make.

Between work and the kids, i dont have time to sit down and game at home on a PC/PS4/Xbox. if I want to destress and unwind with a bit of gaming I tend to only get the opportunity on the train/bus or maybe at lunchtime or where ever I am...

Gaming is a large and complete legitimate part of my phones intended purpose for me.[/QUOTE)
    not stupid at all .............,maybe this is why blackberry has had to go android to let all the kids play games on the phones
    02-03-16 12:44 AM
    Yep has been pretty amazing for me. Unkilled, and Horizon Chase are my favorites. They both run smoothly even with unkilled graphical effects on high. No issue even 2k16.

Productivity via THE PRIV
    02-03-16 12:49 AM
    I'll download Real Racing and Grand Theft Auto and give you answer later.

An RTS I play is buttery smooth.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-03-16 12:54 AM
    [QUOTE=will308;12245363]
    stupid comment to make.

Gaming is a large and complete legitimate part of my phones intended purpose for me.[/QUOTE)
    not stupid at all .............,maybe this is why blackberry has had to go android to let all the kids play games on the phones
    yeah because a 1k phone is something the kids are going to be able to buy with their paper route pocket money.

They went to Android because it's cheaper for them, because it's a ready made market and because BBX was a rushed messy OS that didn't meet market expectations.
    You cant drop a new OS into a vibrant market that has congealed into two dominant lumps and expect it siphon off market share "just because its different".

Just Ask MS ...
    02-03-16 12:55 AM
    Get off my lawn! Seriously?

02-03-16 01:00 AM
    [QUOTE=senectus;12245383]

yeah because a 1k phone is something the kids are going to be able to buy with their paper route pocket money.

They went to Android because it's cheaper for them, because it's a ready made market and because BBX was a rushed messy OS that didn't meet market expectations.
    You cant drop a new OS into a vibrant market that has congealed into two dominant lumps and expect it siphon off market share "just because its different".

Just Ask MS ...
    so you got the priv for the games .....................that's one of the reasons why blackberry went the way it has ,blackberry was known for been a great communication device and not a gamming device that is until ppl like yourself buy the phone to play games on .there is a big difference between getting the phone to use as a phone than getting the phone to play games on big difference in mentality
    02-03-16 01:03 AM
    [QUOTE=will308;12245389]

so you got the priv for the games .....................that's one of the reasons why blackberry went the way it has ,blackberry was known for been a great communication device and not a gamming device that is until ppl like yourself buy the phone to play games on .there is a big difference between getting the phone to use as a phone than getting the phone to play games on big difference in mentality
    incredible...
    It's like I'm rubbing my own face against a cheese grater then doing it again when it hurts... expecting a different result.

seriously mate, move with the times. get over it. BBX is where is should be, things like cars.

Android is a swiss army knife, BBX is a chisel.
    Android does lots of things fairly well, and is very adaptable.
    BBX does a few things excellently and many other things very poorly.
    02-03-16 01:09 AM
    incredible...
    It's like I'm rubbing my own face against a cheese grater then doing it again when it hurts... expecting a different result.
    I was just thinking the same thing ...............oh and by the way if you read the thread there are others who have said the same think maybe you should read the whole thread before jumping in on one person ......enough said

Originally Posted by ProjectBrett its a phone, not a gaming device. get a ps4 you're right why the heck would the play store have games to begin with along with apples app store and heck why not even bb world how dare they think about putting games on phones. heck since its a phone why would they even let us surf the internet or send emails and text messages i think its just too much if it can do more than make a phone call.
    02-03-16 01:24 AM
    what's wrong with gaming on the phone? that's what most people do anyway and it is not something new. I sure would want to be able to play games on my phone.
    Smartphones are not just phones, they're little computers that do a variety of things and the Priv should be able to deliver.
    02-03-16 10:13 AM
    Get off my lawn! Seriously?

i dont even know where you live, how could i be on your lawn?
    02-03-16 11:43 AM
    If you take a look at some videos on Utube, you'll see the Priv can handle every kind of mobile game you may be looking for

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 01:21 PM
    check this out
    ProjectBrett and vernigorka like this.
    02-03-16 09:12 PM
    I played world of tanks blitz and performance is disappointing. I was expecting smooth gameplay but I really do not get that. The phone is struggling to keep up. I can play this game on medium to low settings. Other less demanding games are fine to play.

02-03-16 09:53 PM
    If I recall from all of the reviews when it first came out, most bloggers were surprised because the Priv performed perfectly well under games, but had tiny stutters during everyday UI transitioning stuff. For what it's worth. There, of course, have been several updates to things since then.

I don't know about others, but in the rare times I play intense games on the phone, I turn airplane mode on to skip that radio searching and block out interruptions. :P Might help the alleged lag.
    02-04-16 12:31 AM
    Priv works fine in gaming. I do not know if this is just me but I installed nova launcher and now world of tanks runs better on my phone. Still not solid 60 frames like on my pc but it is good. One thing though is that games like world of tanks is not great to play on priv because keyboard keeps sliding out. It is not really blackberry fault. Priv is not inrended to be mobile game console but excellent productivity tool

02-04-16 08:45 PM
28 12