Hi all,

I have a Screen Lock Pin set and I want to be able to turn it off when im in the car and turn it back on when im out of the car!

In BB10 it was pretty simple but I guess Im missing something here?

Thanks

Curtis
    03-13-16 01:00 PM
    Check out smart lock in settings, security.
    03-13-16 01:21 PM
    that just takes you to other options like trusted devices places face voice or on body detection
    03-13-16 01:30 PM
    I use smart lock . . . when my phone is connected to my car via Bluetooth, it keeps it unlock.
    I also add my Fitbit NFC to it, so I can easily unlock my phone when I am not in my car.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    03-13-16 01:33 PM
    Here is how but the None is greyed out so I cant select it
    How to turn off the screen lock on my PRIV? by BlackBerry�
    03-13-16 01:39 PM
    If your car has Bluetooth for phone audio pair it and the phone should ask you if you wish to use it as a smartlock source.

Say yes.

If you miss(ed) the prompt it's under Settings->Security->Smartlock
    03-13-16 01:41 PM
    I want to be able to disable it when not at the house so the kids cant use my phone also.

I guess something is wrong someplace
    03-13-16 01:46 PM
    bump
    03-13-16 09:03 PM
    Am I the only one with this issue?
    03-14-16 06:31 AM
    that just takes you to other options like trusted devices places face voice or on body detection
    That's what he meant. Connect your car's Bluetooth, then add it as a Trusted Device. Once you connect your car's Bluetooth, it disables the PIN lock and re-arms it when you disconnect.
    03-14-16 08:05 AM
    Am I the only one with this issue?
    Maybe because no one really understood what you want? We already told you for in-car it's adding your car Bluetooth as a Trusted Device.
    03-14-16 08:06 AM
    If your car has Bluetooth for phone audio pair it and the phone should ask you if you wish to use it as a smartlock source.

Say yes.

If you miss(ed) the prompt it's under Settings->Security->Smartlock
    Do you have to be within range with the device ON when, say, adding the CAR? In the house right now and all my BT devices are grayed out.

I'd never looked at these settings before but the CAR could be handy. If I'm driving, I can hand my phone to my navigator and have them check traffic/road conditions without the phone being locked.
    03-14-16 10:33 AM
    I want to be able to disable it when not at the house so the kids cant use my phone also.

I guess something is wrong someplace
    You do or do NOT want the kids to access the phone?

Remember, if curious kids or friends try entering the wrong password too many times, the entire phone might be wiped and all data erased (this depends on password/security settings)
    03-14-16 10:35 AM
    I also want to turn it off! And if i want it back on I want to be able to switch from on and off!

I guess asking android to do this is to much to ask, BB could do it amazing, but im sure there is a stupid app for it

I have it set up to sync with my car so no password needed but once I leave it goes back on.
    03-14-16 06:41 PM
    I also want to turn it off! And if i want it back on I want to be able to switch from on and off!

I guess asking android to do this is to much to ask, BB could do it amazing, but im sure there is a stupid app for it

I have it set up to sync with my car so no password needed but once I leave it goes back on.
    Do you want your Priv password protected at all? Or never? If you want it sometimes, in what circumstances?
    03-14-16 07:50 PM
    I want it and i want to be able to disable it when I WANT!

I dont want it on all the time and not to be able to turn it off!

Just like you could with BB10!

There are times when it would be nice not to have to type in the stupid password!

I guess google is not smart enough to give us the option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-14-16 08:42 PM
    I want it and i want to be able to disable it when I WANT!

I dont want it on all the time and not to be able to turn it off!

Just like you could with BB10!

There are times when it would be nice not to have to type in the stupid password!

I guess google is not smart enough to give us the option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There, there... Cool your nips...

Try this:

Go to Settings > Display > Sleep (Set it to 30 mins, 10mins, etc)

Then go to Settings > Security > Automatically Lock (Set it to lock 30mins, 10mins, etc after sleep. This will stop the lock from locking until 30mins -or whatever option you choose- AFTER the device sleeps.)

Finally, while in Settings > Security, enable Power Button Instantly Locks setting (This will now allow you to lock the device manually via pressing the side power key.)

Tweak settings to your liking and adjust to accommodate your tastes as well as discover the combination that best works with your device. (Be advised: Some settings may attribute to a faster battery drain. So you may opt for setting your Sleep settings to 10mins and your Automatic Lock Screen to 30mins for example... Or maybe just adjusting the Automatic Lock to 30mins is enough. Etc...)

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 09:14 PM
    There, there... Cool your nips...

Try this:

Go to Settings > Display > Sleep (Set it to 30 mins, 10mins, etc)

Then go to Settings > Security > Automatically Lock (Set it to lock 30mins, 10mins, etc after sleep. This will stop the lock from locking until 30mins -or whatever option you choose- AFTER the device sleeps.)

Finally, while in Settings > Security, enable Power Button Instantly Locks setting (This will now allow you to lock the device manually via pressing the side power key.)

Tweak settings to your liking and adjust to accommodate your tastes as well as discover the combination that best works with your device. (Be advised: Some settings may attribute to a faster battery drain. So you may opt for setting your Sleep settings to 10mins and your Automatic Lock Screen to 30mins for example... Or maybe just adjusting the Automatic Lock to 30mins is enough. Etc...)

Posted via CB10
    Thank you and I am just frustrated not at you CB people just that I cant turn it off.

Let me try your suggestions, Thanks
    03-14-16 09:22 PM
    Thank you and I am just frustrated not at you CB people just that I cant turn it off.

I completely understand, believe me... I have a Priv as well...

Give that a try, see if it helps...

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 09:24 PM
    I set it up like you said and letting it chill for a while so I can read more on the Priv

thanks again
    CivilDissident likes this.
    03-14-16 09:31 PM
    Is it a corporate-issued phone?
    03-14-16 10:24 PM

I have the same issue so I understand fully your frustration aas I can't remove it either and the options to turn off are crewed if as well . . . why gives !?!?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    texn884 likes this.
    03-15-16 03:27 AM
    Its not a corporate phone its MINE! lol
    03-15-16 11:32 AM
    No need to get snippy.

I asked because if you have a company-issued phone, very often they'll disable the ability to remove a password lock.
    03-15-16 11:39 AM
    not snippy, wow some are so on edge, have some fun and tear the lace off your panties folks, LMAO

If I was pissed you all would know!

I thank you all for your answers just frustrated with some of the things like this being a simple thing is all,
    03-15-16 08:53 PM
32 12