Most are doubtful that it will be.....

I hope that BlackBerry Limited will shoot a nice advertising film before the contract expires.

http://www.cbronline.com/news/mobili...onship-4432107

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yhamaie; 10-26-15 at 08:37 AM.
    10-26-15 08:22 AM
    Very nice pic with the Priv. He has been a nice sport for BlackBerry.
    10-26-15 08:57 AM
    Junk, not a phone if it runs Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:04 AM
    Oh boy! I was just joking cause they put up a black and white picture. You only do that when you want to pay commemoration to deceased.
    Oh okay.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-26-15 09:22 AM
    I would imagine way more people in the US know who Alicia is over Lewis.

Posted via CB10
    Sure.

However, for marketing to non-US business executives, I expect that F1 sponsorship is effective - a Global Marketing Director I used to work for years ago, was always spouting statistics such as 'an incredibly high percentage of European & Asian Tech Directors watch F1'.

I have no idea where these statistics came from, but considering that so much F1 sponsorship is (or has recently been) from Global Tech Companies, he was probably correct... eg F1 sponsors (current & recent) such as: BLACKBERRY, Microsoft, HP, (HP) Autonomy, SAP, Qualcomm, CA, Vodafone, Oracle

Of course, in the good old days, most of the biggest sponsorship deals were with tobacco companies....
    10-26-15 09:25 AM
    I would imagine way more people in the US know who Alicia is over Lewis.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it. Hamilton gets a lot of exposure via morning wake up shows, sports channels and late night talk shows.

10-26-15 09:26 AM
    I doubt it. Hamilton gets a lot of exposure via morning wake up shows, sports channels and late night talk shows.

google the lady and 67M hits; google Lewis 170M hits...
    10-26-15 09:30 AM
    google the lady and 67M hits; google Lewis 170M hits...
    I have never seen Lewis on SportsCenter, but I see Alicia in commercials, award shows, etc. Those hits are international. I was speaking about the US.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:45 AM
    I have never seen Lewis on SportsCenter, but I see Alicia in commercials, award shows, etc. Those hits are international. I was speaking about the US.

Posted via CB10
    You are basing that off your individual sampling/experience?

Keys is well known in a very specific demographic. Hamilton has a wide base and is known across many demographics,even here in the US. Just looking at race fans alone for example, he is well know by fans of most of the racing series because we tend to just know the Champions of other series we don't follow much. He is in movies (Zoolander, Cars). He's active with pop icons.

10-26-15 10:15 AM
    Clearly, But I just wanted to put that US view into a broader perspective. BB is after all, an International operation. SOO use an advertising personality with an international exposure; thus Lewis>>>Alicia
    10-26-15 10:17 AM
    You are basing that off your individual sampling/experience?

Keys is well known in a very specific demographic. Hamilton has a wide base and is known across many demographics,even here in the US. Just looking at race fans alone for example, he is well know by fans of most of the racing series because we tend to just know the Champions of other series we don't follow much. He is in movies (Zoolander, Cars). He's active with pop icons.

My point was that perhaps using a face that was more recognizable would be more appropriate for a launch in the US. While I understand that racing is popular, there are several other sports that are much more popular. Even my mom who does not follow sports knows who Tom Brady is.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 11:08 AM
    My point was that perhaps using a face that was more recognizable would be more appropriate for a launch in the US. While I understand that racing is popular, there are several other sports that are much more popular. Even my mom who does not follow sports knows who Tom Brady is.

Posted via CB10
    Who?
    10-26-15 11:21 AM
    I suppose that something like

, featuring an American athlete, would be appropriate.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yhamaie; 10-26-15 at 08:57 PM.
    10-26-15 11:38 AM
    I suppose that something featuring an American athlete, would be appropriate.

Posted via CB10
    For America, yes.
    10-26-15 11:58 AM
    does he actually like blackberry or is he just paid to endorse?
    10-26-15 12:01 PM
    I suppose that something like , featuring an American athlete, would be appropriate.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for sharing that--was very cool!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 12:39 PM
    does he actually like blackberry or is he just paid to endorse?
    Does it matter? Do all the celebs who endorse actually use or like what they sell? If he is seen and believe to use and like it, that is enough in most cases.

10-26-15 01:04 PM
    Does it matter? Do all the celebs who endorse actually use or like what they sell?

Dunno but Alicia Keyes didn't
    10-26-15 01:06 PM
    Dunno but Alicia Keyes didn't
    Although a complete fail, her role was actually creative director.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:30 PM
    Please, the less said about her association with BlackBerry the better!!

10-26-15 01:39 PM
    Sure, let's see it on the site where everyone owns a BB and knows about Priv, but it's nowhere else to be seen..
    10-26-15 03:15 PM
    Sure, let's see it on the site where everyone owns a BB and knows about Priv, but it's nowhere else to be seen..
    What you expect BlackBerry to actually use it properly.....perhaps there was an additional image rights cost associated. I hope so anyway in BlackBerry's defense.

10-26-15 03:22 PM
    Please allow me to get back to the opening post . . . I wonder if anyone has time to produce a collage photo like

http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...blackberry.jpg

How do you like this picture?-lewis-juggling-blackberry.jpg
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-27-15 06:12 AM
73 123