All that being said, I do think it was a huge positive in Rosberg's corner that he didn't allow Vettel just to pass him and gain 2nd place thereby not giving LH the Championship - now THAT was a class act.

STL100-4 103.2.2789
    I cant agree with you there. No way Rosberg would have figured that one out...., and if his team had, they wouldn't have dared tell him over the air.
    10-25-15 08:29 PM
    I cant agree with you there. No way Rosberg would have figured that one out...., and if his team had, they wouldn't have dared tell him over the air.
    You may be correct and I am giving Rosberg too much credit, interestingly, the Team radio was suspiciously silent during the last number of laps (for both drivers) and who knows what "off-line transmissions" were made...

STL100-4 10.3.2.2789
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-25-15 08:41 PM
    I think this is the connection to the pic that was taken that had a device laying on the edge which many speculated was the PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:55 PM
    Yup, one of the disadvantages of living in GMT -5
    I do it for football matches as well. Glory Glory Man United!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    sanjk1 likes this.
    10-25-15 09:20 PM
    Thanks and I agree, and maybe just maybe Rosberg didn't know or see the cameras when he threw the hat back to LH in the back of the Team area, or maybe he did but didn't care. I have always liked LH better than Rosberg for the simple fact of how they both come across to the fans as well as the general public. I have always thought that Rosberg was extremely arrogant no matter if he won or didn't. I also believe (and conveyed this to my son today) the LH is indeed a better driver, as was shown when Rosberg made that "driver error" by going off line with 2-3 laps to go allowing LH to pass him.

All that being said, I do think it was a huge positive in Rosberg's corner that he didn't allow Vettel just to pass him and gain 2nd place thereby not giving LH the Championship - now THAT was a class act.

STL100-4 103.2.2789
    True. Rosberg....or "Britney " as we call him at times, has cracked many times under pressure before. I certainly don't envy him! You have the best car, a title winning car, you study EVERY piece of data you can( it's the German way haha) to improve, and this guy ( your teammate) ALWAYS seems to find a way to go faster than you! You know that you may NEVER get a world beater car like that again.

After a while, the millions and the success means little when all you really want is the title of Champion.

Hamilton is a cut above, simply put. He is an intuitive racer. Silky smooth at times and raw power at times. And he has improved. That is NOT good news for Nico.

zephyr613 likes this.
    10-25-15 09:25 PM
    true. Rosberg....or "britney " as we call him at times, has cracked many times under pressure before. I certainly don't envy him! You have the best car, a title winning car, you study every piece of data you can( it's the german way haha) to improve, and this guy ( your teammate) always seems to find a way to go faster than you! You know that you may never get a world beater car like that again.

After a while, the millions and the success means little when all you really want is the title of champion.

Hamilton is a cut above, simply put. He is an intuitive racer. Silky smooth at times and raw power at times. And he has improved. That is not good news for nico.

"i don't think that word means what you think it means."
    +1 "Britney" That's good, have to tell my son that one..

STL100-4 10.3.2.2789
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    10-25-15 09:28 PM
    He was dubbed Britney by Marc Webber years ago.

10-25-15 09:36 PM
    Well OP, I do apologize for taking this thread way off topic. I'm always willing to talk F1 so join us in the F1 group or in the thread I linked to.

I'm still buzzing, that race had everything though. Cars dicing all over the place.

nanda_s likes this.
    10-25-15 09:39 PM
    Did you enjoy the long still of Niki Lauda with his huge Blackberry logo'd headphones on as Hamilton entered the final lap ?
    Yes, we did.

MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS - Lewis Hamilton clinches his third World Drivers? Championship in thrilling United States Grand Prix with Nico Rosberg completing a historic Silver Arrows 1-2

How do you like this picture?-lauda_and_wolff.png
    10-25-15 11:22 PM
    Please don't apologize. I'm enjoying the conservation. I'm sure everyone came across this thread did too.

Q10 \m/
    10-25-15 11:38 PM
    Hmmm, interesting picture, especially since I was watching the entire race - including the podium interviews and Lewis no longer has Blonde hair... so wonder when the picture was actually taken - definitely not today when he clinched the World Championship in Austin TX..

Perhaps before Italian GP . . .

Attachment 377534

https://twitter.com/blackberry/statu...89295829549057

BlackBerry ‏@BlackBerry

Triumph for @LewisHamilton at the #ItalianGP! A great drive and well deserved 1st position for @MercedesAMGF1!

3:16 AM - 7 Sep 2015

Attachment 377509

How do you like this picture?-img_20150907_095741.png
    Last edited by yhamaie; 10-26-15 at 08:16 AM.
    Z30Commission likes this.
    10-25-15 11:38 PM
    Right now the Tier 1 drivers are Hamilton and Vettel ( Finger Boy). Alonso was in that group last year but his dog of a car (and manager) has sapped him and cost him dearly.

Next down ( and not by much) are Rosberg , Ricciardo( Honey Badger) and Alonso. After that you have Bottas, Button, Perez,.

Hulkenburg was in the third Tier coming off Le Mans but he is unable to bring the results home thus far. His teammate Perez is definitely luckier but in F1 that is enough of an edge to make all the difference. Hulk is like Rosberg, too calculating. But Rosberg will take chances and actually look like a born again old school damn the torpedoes racer at times. It's just not natural for him.

Mexico should be very interesting. Rosberg will have a point to prove . Kyvat will be driving to save his seat from Vestappen ( you saw some of that today, massive risks ending in DNF). Sainz will be doing some of that as well. McLaren will be buoyed by Button's result and knowing it was a bad sensor that hurt Alonso. Sauber will be out for redemption . All of this on an unknown track. It's gonna be good.

10-26-15 12:02 AM
    I really like Lauda. Of course, if I wasn't a Mercedes fan, I might dislike him a lot.

I see him and I think of the part in the film Rush :"Niki Lauda, Niki Lauda, Niki Lauda"

http://www.youtube.com/embed/v7AT4d2...E2&PC=RIMBINGD

10-26-15 12:08 AM
    I really like Lauda. Of course, if I wasn't a Mercedes fan, I might dislike him a lot.
    For those who admire Niki . . .

Speed Fever (1978) - IMDb

----------

an excerpt

----------

----------

* in better quality - albeit with Japanese subtitles - in two parts

Last edited by yhamaie; 10-26-15 at 02:12 AM.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    10-26-15 12:49 AM
    For those who admire Niki . . .

Speed Fever (1978) - IMDb

[/url]
    My Italian needs work but I enjoyed what I watched. Thanks. I'll definitely watch it in full.

10-26-15 01:03 AM
    My Italian needs work but I enjoyed what I watched. Thanks. I'll definitely watch it in full.

For your information the sequel to the documentary film is available in English.

----------

English

----------

Italian

Watch Videos Online | 1980 - PolePosition (I Guerrieri Della Formula 1) | Veoh.com
    10-26-15 02:33 AM

STL100-4 103.2.2789
    I think that if the team (Mercedes) thought that Rosberg was giving a place to Vettel on purpose then Rosberg would have been fired, wouldn't have got his bonuses, etc and Rosberg would have massively knackered up his F1 career. (And the retired F1 drivers in the Sky F1 Commentary Team said basically the same thing).
    10-26-15 05:13 AM
    All through the race I was thinking....

I really hope that F1 (especially this Texas race) gets a lot of coverage in the US, because it is such good advertising for BlackBerry eg the big logos on the winning car (and the car that came second), the racing suits, the technical crews shirts and coats, and the headphones.

Does anybody know if BlackBerry sponsors US-centric motor racing? eg Indy Car, Indianapolis 500?
    10-26-15 05:26 AM
    Wait, What????

STL100-4 10.3.2.2789
    Oh boy! I was just joking cause they put up a black and white picture. You only do that when you want to pay commemoration to deceased.
    10-26-15 05:55 AM
    Does anybody know if BlackBerry sponsors US-centric motor racing? eg Indy Car, Indianapolis 500?

No . . . I do not think so.

http://sportsbusinesscanada.com/blac...1-sponsorship/

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 06:02 AM
    P.S.

It appears that the three year sponsorship contract has not yet been renewed.

http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/d6695dde-6ef...44feab49a.html

Attachment 377529

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yhamaie; 10-26-15 at 06:18 AM.
    10-26-15 06:07 AM
    I lost major interest in F1 after 'professor' alan proust and little remaining went with senna.
    This picture bring new meaning to the 'bling'.
    Blackberry FTW.
    10-26-15 06:34 AM
    P.S.

It appears that the three year sponsorship contract has not yet been renewed.

Posted via CB10
    Most are doubtful that it will be..... big difference in what sponsorship was worth three years ago and what it is worth today. That is one purchase that turned out VERY, VERY well for BlackBerry.

Even if it where only $12 million a year again, that is a lot for a company like BlackBerry to invest into marketing..... when they don't really do much marketing anymore. But a wining team, like they have been the last three years.... I doubt $12 million would buy you one race worth of sponsorship.
    10-26-15 07:56 AM
    How great would of it been for BlackBerry to use this win and championship to start the roll of of the Priv to the USA and the world?

I guess the BB marketing department was looking for Alicia Keys.

so stupid they are, what a lost opportunity
    10-26-15 08:00 AM
    How great would of it been for BlackBerry to use this win and championship to start the roll of of the Priv to the USA and the world?

I guess the BB marketing department was looking for Alicia Keys.

so stupid they are, what a lost opportunity
    I would imagine way more people in the US know who Alicia is over Lewis.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-26-15 08:08 AM
73 123