I just got Marshmallow. How do I enable this feature? Also, are there any particular "stock" apps that you recommend I should go into permissions to eliminate, that might also save battery life?
    11-10-16 06:47 AM
    Use the DTEK App. Go to Apps and permissions, then permissions... then look at what App is farming your data.

You can even set specific alerts like when an app accesses your location.
    11-10-16 07:04 AM
    Thanks Bluetroll. I found that setting and made changes. But I still don't know how to enable App Standby.
    11-10-16 08:36 AM
    I just got Marshmallow. How do I enable this feature? Also, are there any particular "stock" apps that you recommend I should go into permissions to eliminate, that might also save battery life?
    Not sure what do you mean by app standby. All apps in the drawer are ready to be used. You can launch them in the drawer or drag them to the home screen and launch them there. If you want to avoid apps running in the background, you can force stop them through Settings>Apps and go through the app list. While it works most of the time, some apps wouldn't behave and relaunch themselves. More drastically, you can also disable system apps or delete 3rd party apps if you don't use them. You would need to go through the app list to determine what you want to do with each of them. When needed, you can re-enable disabled apps or re-install deleted apps.
    11-10-16 08:59 AM
    Hi. Blaze had mentioned that one of the new features of Marshmallow was App Standby.
    11-10-16 09:15 AM
    Hi. Blaze had mentioned that one of the new features of Marshmallow was App Standby.
    It's a background thing, it's on by default, don't worry about it.
    11-10-16 09:27 AM
    It's a background thing, it's on by default, don't worry about it.
    Nuff said...lol
    11-10-16 09:21 PM